• 37

Kuladaivam Temple :

Meenakshi was simultaneously staring at Divya and Arun, who were minding their own business. She looked at Divya, who said something that made Aditya and Harish have a debt competition. Then she looked at Arun, who was busy keeping things in the car trunk.

"Isn't anything going on between them?" Meenakshi asked herself, but the person beside her heard it.

"I said stop running your mind" Karthik said, making Meenakshi look at him and say, "Then say to me, who is that guy Divya loves?"

"I can" Karthik said, walking towards his car. "Really?" Meenakshi followed her husband with excitement.

"Yes" Karthik said, turning and facing Meenakshi. He gave Kushi to her and went forward and whispered in her ears "Give me a Kiss".

Meenakshi backpedalled and glared at Karthik, who was smirking. "I'm serious" Meenakshi pouted. "Even am I?" Karthik lean on the car door and looked at his wife.

"Harish!" Meenakshi called Harish, who was walking towards Gandivan's car.

"Yes Aunty?" Harish stopped on his track and asked Meenakshi.

"Where is Aditya?" Meenakshi asked, still glaring at Karthik, who watched his wife in amusement. "He is helping Arun uncle keep the things inside" Harish said.

"Oh, then you and Aditya sit in this car" Meenakshi said with a smile, to which Harish nodded his head. She walked towards her brother's car and sat inside. Karthik smiled and shook his head at her childish act.

"Don't you want to join your husband?" Gandivan turned and asked Meenakshi, whose mood was no good by chance. Markandeyan also turned and looked at her.

"Who's husband?" Meenakshi was annoyed and looked outside.

Gandivan and Markandeyan looked at each other, then sat back and said slowly, "Marriage things."

"Marriage what? I didn't hear you" Meenakshi said, raising her eyebrow at Gandivan.

"Huh? Nothing.. Ha, I said Marriage...was good. Yeah, Indian marriages are good." Gandivan stuttered and laughed to hide the lies.

"Whatever" Meenakshi said, rolling her eyes and looking outside. She doesn't know why; she is feeling a little annoyed. But she doesn't want to be, but she wants to be at the same time.

Meenakshi saw outside that they are still keeping things inside the trunks, and some are taking photos of the groom and bride. She gave Kushi to Markandeyan and closed her eyes to get some rest.

***
Meenakshi moved and laid her head on Divya's shoulder comfortably. She lean more when it felt warm and hard.

'Hard?' Meenakshi frowned in her sleep. She opened her eyes and looked up, only to find her perfect, handsome husband's face.

Meenakshi smiled for a second, but remembered she was still mad at him. She tried to move away from him, but Karthik held her shoulders firmly.

"Leave" Meenakshi said, glaring at him. Karthik finally left her; she distanced herself. There was a huge gap between them, which Karthik didn't like.

"Where is Divya? Don't tell me you asked her to drive your car." Meenakshi looked at Gandivan, who was driving the car. First Gandivan was confused, then understood she's indirectly asking Karthik, so he minded his business.

"Certainly, someone was mad at me. That's why I asked her to drive my car" Karthik said, looking at Meenakshi, who looked at him, still glaring.

"Care to explain what I said-that you are this mad at me?" Karthik asked calmly, Well, if he somehow offended her, he is ready to apologise to her.