• 08

"good morning machaa!" Vikram shouted from his balcony, drinking his coffee.

Karthik saw him and rolled his eyes.

"If you don't want to talk then it's ok. I will talk to my niece..hii baby..baby see here". Vikram started calling for Kushi while clapping his hands.

Kushi didn't care much and leaned on her father's shoulder.

"Ptff!". Karthik laughed but controlled it.

"Laugh laugh...I didn't get married because of you!. As a good friend to you, I gave support to your bachelor days...but in end you married first and now you are standing infront of me with my niece". Vikram dramatically complained it.

"Who stopped you??. Now also get married to your girl!" Karthik said as if it was not a big deal.

"Ha ha so funny!". Vikram scoffed at Karthik.

"Do whatever you want, after I came back from duty you better give me a news that Kushi is having a friend. Now bye!". Karthik said loud enough for Vikram to hear, and left the balcony closing the doors.

"What..?" Vikram was confused but smirked understanding later. Shaking his head, he went inside his room.

When Karthik came down, he heard the devotional songs. Meenakshi was doing pooja. He left Kushi to walk on her own.

Kushi walked slowly and stood infront of the TV unit and started jumping and shaking to the songs.

Karthik took the news paper, sat on the sofa and started reading it.

The once empty house is now filled with songs, baby giggles and sambrani fog. He liked it.

Meenakshi finished her pooja and went inside the kitchen to prepare tea and breakfast for them.

She boiled tea on one side and prepared rava upma on other side. In the hall, after reading his newspaper, he took Kushi to the washroom and washed her face with warm water.

He then did her long silk like hair into a small high pony.

Khushi was born with alot of hair on her head. By 5th months, her hair had grown till her nap. The hair volume was less but, the length of her hair was longer.

He took Kushi to Meenakshi and made her sit in a baby chair.

Meenakshi saw Karthik and informed him. "mama, Tulsi pati and Gayathri ma called us for lunch today".

"Hm". Karthik saw everything from the balcony and know about today's program.

"And mama, can you take out the suitcases from upper cupboard?". She was mixing the rava to stop getting lumps.

"Ok". Karthik said and left the kitchen.

He took out two big suitcases and a small kitty bag and went inside the bathroom to freshen up.

By the time Karthik came down, breakfast was ready. Meenakshi served him hot and sat beside him.

"After reaching Madurai, I will leave to that village at night itself." Karthik informed her.

"Why don't you take some rest today and go tomorrow?" Meenakshi was worried about his health.

"I have to be there by tomorrow morning. And you guys can come after 2 days." Karthik said to her

Meenakshi didn't say anything, just nodded her head.

After their breakfast, she made Kushi to eat upma. And all three of them went inside their bedroom to pack the luggage.