• 36

"chitti, you shouldn't come here. Go" Aditya pushed Meenakshi out of the men's innerwear section. "But--" Meenakshi was sent out of that section, and Aditya dragged Karthik with him, making her laugh at Aditya's embarrassment.

Meenakshi smiled, remembering the sense that she was washing her hands and was about to go out of the washroom when she bumped into some woman, making her things fall from her hand.

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry. Meenakshi?"

Both apologised to each other quickly. Meenakshi bent over to pick things for that woman. But stopped when she heard a familiar voice. She looked up and saw the woman who ruined her life.

"Meenakshi, is that you?" That woman asked. Meenakshi didn't say anything; she collected the things, kept them in that woman's hands, and went out.

Anusha hurriedly kept her things in her bag and followed Meenakshi outside. "Meenakshi wait!"

Meenakshi walked away to avoid Anusha, but Anusha caught up with Meenakshi and stood in front of her.

"Why are you avoiding me, Meenakshi?" Anusha asked her sadly. What she did that day was all because of jealousy. But she realised it was a mistake, and she thought to apologise to her.

"Avoiding? When did I do it? I am just ignoring the people who are harming me" Meenakshi crossed her arms around her chest and said to Anusha, whose brows knitted seeing Meenakshi's behaviour.

"What are you saying? I heard about Radha Aunty. I'm sorry I wasn't able to come for her funeral." Anusha tried to hug Meenakshi, but she backpedalled from the hug.

"I'm glad you did not attend. What would she think about you?" Meenakshi came closer and asked Anusha, whose brows were knitted in confusion.

"The girl who she raised along with her daughter. Stood with you against your parents to support your decision. Whom she thought the girl would never leave her daughter in danger. But in the end, she was the one who betrayed her." Meenakshi said each word clearly, making Anusha feel guilty.

"It's not what you think, di. I-I" Anusha tried to talk, but Meenakshi stopped. "Yes, you, Anusha? You what?" She asked, still feeling betrayed.

"You drugged me? Why?" Meenakshi asked Anusha to look at her.

"Just because of that unknown man, you thought to drug me, right?" Meenakshi let go of a scoff.

"So you can tell him I lost my virginity to another man? So he can leave me and be with you?" Meenakshi's voice was filled with hate and disgust.

"You know what? I thought of him as a friend and never liked him in another way. It was he who was following me. I just let it go because no one cared, but if you had said to me once, 'Meenakshi, I like him', I would have stopped him. But.." Meenakshi said this while taking slow steps towards Anusha, who was looking down, filled with guilt over her deeds.

"Anyways.." Meenakshi suddenly hugged Anusha, making her stand stiffly. Her eyes welled up upon hearing Meenakshi's word.

"Thank you, Anusha, for thinking to lose my virginity to my husband. If I lost it to any other man, I wouldn't have forgiven you in my entire life." Meenakshi whispered in Anusha's ear and broke the hug.

"Now. Let's not meet again." Meenakshi wiped the tears from Anusha's cheeks and smiled.

"Goodbye forever." Meenakshi turned and left the place. She doesn't want to meet Anusha again. Even though now her crime was to durg Meenakshi. But in the past, she tried to snatch her husband from her.