• 39

Two days later, Five Star Hotel :

Far from the city, as the sun set beyond the horizon. The cooler inside the hall was enough to cool down the summer heat. As the time approached for the reception; friends, colleagues, and families, one by one, gathered inside the banquet hall to congratulate the newlyweds.

Wearing a green-blue saree with matching jewellery and bangles, Gayathri adored herself with little makeup. While wearing a grey-maroon suit, Saravanan stood along with his wife, greeting and receiving the guests near the entrance with a big smile on their faces.

"Thanks for making time in your busy schedule, maccha." Vikram gave a big hug to Karthik, who came out of the room, changing into his new pair of suit.

"Shut up" Karthik said, breaking the hug. He took his favourite cologne from the dresser table. "I thought you hated this brand." Karthik laughed and sprayed it behind his ears.

"I still hate that brand" Vikram said, taking out his favourite cologne from another table. "Then who's this?" Karthik asked in doubt.

"Yours. Meenakshi brought this with your suit" Vikram said, finally looking himself in the mirror. "If she didn't do that, you would have attended my reception with your uniform" Vikram laughed, getting a glare from Karthik.

It was not his fault. Due to the election, he got more work and somewhat made some time to attend his friend's wedding. He agrees with Vikram; if Meenakshi hadn't brought his dress, he would have attended his friend's reception with his uniform.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in" Vikram said, adjusting his tie. Arun came into the room. He got dressed in a dark blue shirt paired with grey pants and neatly gelled hair.

"You are looking great" Arun commented, seeing Vikram

"I have to agree with him." Karthik was wearing his wrist watch and thought Vikram was looking handsome today.

"Really? Then I should thank Divi" Vikram said. Dressed in a maroon three-piece suit paired with a black tie, neatly set hair, and a well-groomed beard.