• 30

Madurai, Karthik's Mansion, 7:30am :

Karthik was doing his morning exercise in their big garden. He ran for few minutes and sat on the bench near the garden.

*Ping*

Karthik got a message from his higher officer. He clicked on the message and read. Karthik's lips twitched when he saw 'can resume to duty on 1st May 20XX'. It's still three weeks from now. He can attend both his sister's vaalaikaapu and Kushi's first birthday which is in a week.

*Ring*

Karthik saw the name 'Vikram' and wondered why this person called him this early. Without thinking much he picked the call.

"What will you do if a girl left her home and came after you?" As soon as Karthik kept the phone near his ear he heard a anxious voice of Vikram.

"What happened?" Karthik asked him.

"Just answer me" Vikram wasn't in a mood to explain anything.

"If a girl left her home for you without thinking twice means she trusts you" Karthik answered his thoughts.

"Then what should I do?" Vikram asked again.

"Of course, if she left her home because of you, you should take responsibility of her!" Karthik slowly understood what's happening.

"How can I?" Vikram asked him again.

"Marry her! You idiot!" Karthik finally said it.

"I should right? Thank you maacha" Vikram said excitedly and cut the call.

Karthik stared at the phone and smiled. It's always been like this. Vikram knew what he wanted to do, but he needed someone to say that his choice was correct. That someone had always been Karthik.

Thinking his best friend is finally getting married, Karthik happily went inside the mansion. He saw everyone were present in the living room. Even Aditya was present playing with Arjun.

Meenakshi who was in the kitchen making tea for everyone and saw Karthik came back from his morning exercise. She made another cup of tea for him.

"Amma, let me help you" A servant led a hand to help Meenakshi to carry the tea cups with her to the living room.

"Thank you" Meenakshi gave a smile to her.

The servant left the kitchen and went to the living room to serve tea for her masters. She kept the tray on the centre table and left the place.

Karthik saw one tea cup on the tray left alone, he knew it was for her. 'But where is she?'.

As he thought about his wife, Meenakshi came out of the kitchen carrying two mugs with her and went towards Aditya and Arjun.

"Here take this, your horlicks" Meenakshi gave Aditya a mug full of his favorite milk.

"Thanks Chitti" Aditya carefully took the mug from her hand.

"Arjun, here is your Badam milk" Meenakshi gave the other mug to Arjun.

"My favourite! Thank you Attai!" Arjun said happily and kissed Meenakshi cheeks. He took the mug from her.

Meenakshi smiled and ruffled Arjun's hair. She thought someone was looking at her direction.

Meenakshi turned and saw Aditya was looking (glaring) at Arjun. She didn't know why but she thought Aditya was cute and she ruffled his hair before going to sit on the sofa.

Aditya smiled in pride. Only his Chitti can do this to him. He saw Arjun who was drinking his Badam milk swinging his legs in air, then he looked at his horlicks.