• 38

"I studied mechanical engineering at Madurai University. I was in my second year when I met her." Karthik said.

"Wait, I will show you something." He took his phone from the table, browsed something, and passed it to Meenakshi.

Meenakshi looked at the group photo. She zoomed on a familiar face and let go of a smile. "Is that you, mama?"

Karthik smiled and gave a small nod. "To my left, it's Vikram" he said, moving the zoomed photo to a little left.

"You both look like Aditya. No moustache, no beard, and on top, no bulk muscles" Meenakshi laughed, seeing both of the friends. They both looked like they were suffering from malnutrition, yet they had their handsome charm.

"Of course we would. We are around his age by then." Karthik laughed with her.

"Add it's her, Vaasuki." Karthik moved the photo a little up and showed the girl standing behind him.

Meenakshi stared at the girl in the photo. 'Beautiful' was her first word after seeing Vaasuki. Dressed in a well-styled retro-style skirt and top. She braided her long hair.

"What was the theme? Retro?" Meenakshi asked, seeing everyone wearing retro-style dresses

"What was the theme? Retro?" Meenakshi asked, seeing everyone wearing retro-style dresses. "You guessed correct; it was the first day of the college fest, and the theme was retro" Karthik said.

"That's why you looked funny." Meenakshi giggled and looked at Karthik's outfit. Wearing a green shirt with a flower print on it with collor buttons opened, paired with a bell bottom pant.

 Wearing a green shirt with a flower print on it with collor buttons opened, paired with a bell bottom pant

"That's called fashion" Karthik said, making Meenakshi laugh at him. He stared at her laughing face. A smile appeared on his face.

"It's all started then; I took engineering in Mechanical, and Vikram took a B.Sc. in forensic science and criminology" Karthik said, making Meenakshi stop her laugh and look at him.

"And Vaasuki?" Meenakshi asked slowly.

"She was classmates with Vikram" Karthik said, to which Meenakshi nodded her head.

"I would meet her frequently from time to time whenever I went to meet Vikram, as they were partners on some projects. And one random day, she popped up in front of me and proposed to me in front of everyone. I just laughed and let it go as a joke, but she said it was her 'love at first sight' and asked me to accept her. And I accepted her, as I didn't have any work then." Karthik really wants to smack his head to believe those words, then.