• 51

11:20am; Function Hall :

It was a large function hall with a huge chandelier in the centre. The stage was decorated with a lot of bright flowers and with a backdrop of the baby's name, 'ARYAN SIVAKUMAR'. A flower-adorned wooden cradle stood in the centre of the stage. The guests and close relatives all arrived at the location to bless the newborn baby.

"It's nice, Akka." Yamuna stated this to Anjali, who grinned and made Aryan wear the gold necklace she had brought him as a gift.

"It's his sister's selection." Girish said this while standing near his wife, Arjun in his arms, and observing the Aryan sleeping inside the cardle.

"Oh?" Yamuna went to the twins beside her, kissed both of their cheeks, and smiled, "It's really beautiful."

"It should be; after all, it's our brother who is wearing it!" Riddhi said, making everyone laugh with her sweetness.

"Yes, Riddhi. Now, let's take a family shot!" As the photographer was about to take a picture, Girish questioned, "Where is Roshan?"

"Speak of the devil" Rao Mohanji murmured, his gaze fixed on Roshan, who climbed the stage and was standing behind his mother.

Anjali and Yamuna giggled quietly, looking at Rao Mohanji, who was glaring at Roshan and dragging his wife towards him, while Roshan ignored his father and drew his mother towards him. Santhoshini uncomfortably chuckled and smiled for the camera.

"It's nice, Meena..." Renuka exclaimed as she saw a small gold ring in the velvet box.

"I know right, wait, let me show the anklets." Meenakshi put the box in her handbag and took another, opening it to show Renuka the silver anklets.

"Aww, they are so cute." Renuka told as she examined the little anklets.

"What's so cute?"

Both Meenakshi and Renuka turned and saw a lady dressed in an eye-catching saree with heavy jewellery and wearing stylish shades.

"Who?" Renuka whispered to Meenakshi, who was beside her.

Meenakshi didn't answer, as she didn't recognise this lady. She looked familiar, but she didn't know who she was. Yet she thought to greet her but was cut off by that lady.

That woman took off her shades and raised her eyebrows at Meenakshi. With a smirk, she asked, "What? Don't you recognise me?"

Seeing Meenakshi not give her any reply, that woman continued, "I understand. When your mother was alive, she praised you a lot. I think that was all for show. Tsk." She looked up and said, "Poor Radha, is she the daughter you were praising?"

Meenakshi got angry after hearing this old lady. First, she hasn't met this lady anywhere where she can recognise her and greet her properly. Second, who the hell is she to talk about her mother?

Seeing a change of mood in Meenakshi, Renuka was ready to protect her friend, "You--," but Meenakshi got hold of her wrist to stop.

"I don't know what my brother saw in you—that he ignored my daughter and was keen to make you his daughter-in-law. Like, why would he want an uncultured girl who gave birth to a daughter? Instead of giving him an heir, she gave them a dau--"

"Think before you talk, Kamakshi!"

Seeing Vaitheeshwari coming towards them, the lady stopped and glared at Meenakshi, who went towards her, and helped Vaitheeshwari sit on the chair and stand beside her.

Vaitheeshwari, who was talking with a few relatives, saw a lady wearing an eye-catching saree and walking towards Meenakshi and Renuka. She knew what was going on. She supported herself with a walking stick, walked as fast as she could, and reached the trio.