• 17

"Coimbatore Forensic Department? Does the owner of this number works there?". Karthik without thinking much called Vikram. Within two rings it was picked up.

"Hello maacha...Need something?" Vikram knew his best friend, unless it's important work he won't call him this early.

"Where are you?". Karthik asked him.

"Lab la maacha". Vikram took out his mask and went towards the balcony.

"Good. I need your help". Karthik told him.

"Sure. What help do you need?" Vikram thought it might be a serious issue.

"Can you search a number in your workers log and tell me whom it belongs to?". Karthik asked him.

"Sure, wait a minute" Vikram went outside his room. He walked through the corridors, and entered some room.

"Now say da". Vikram sat infront of system. Karthik told the number to him. Vikram opened the worker's file and typed it.

Vikram searched and told his name. "Dei, it belongs to my senior, Dr. Faraz Ahmad".

"Yes!. Where is he now? I need to talk to him". Karthik said in excitement.

"You can't do that, man". Vikram said in a low voice but Karthik heard it.

"Why!?" Karthik snapped at him.

"He is no more. Dr. Faraz died in car accident six months ago." Vikram told him.

"Six months ago..?" Karthik was confirmed this time it's something big going on.

"Yes, by the why what happened? Didn't you said you are going to enjoy your transfer?". Vikram knew the reason about his transfer.

Karthik clucked and explained everything to Vikram. He even explained what that Selvan did.

"That bastard! Just shoot him!". Vikram got angry hearing those things.

"Maacha, let me know if you need any help." Vikram was ready to help him.

"Then can you..." Karthik said him to help why Fazar was in contact with Manikanta. And what they were doing.

"Sure da, it's not big problem. Before accident Dr. Fazar was doing research on something. And those records are might be in his system. But it might take time". Vikram knew that Dr. Fazar had a habit to save everything in his system. He just need some time to open that system. 

"When can I get?" Karthik asked him.

"Maybe after two-three days". Vikram said in unsure.

"Ok. Thanks da". Karthik was happy his buddy helped him.

"No problem da maacha. Then, how's my sister and niece are doing?". They both talked for few minutes. Karthik informed him how is the environment of the village and even informed surprise visit of Aditya. After few, Vikram informed him he had to take up a case. "Seri maccha, Bye".

"Bye". Karthik cut the call. There was a knock on his cabin door.

"Come in". He kept those papers inside his cupboard.

"Sir, Ayya came. He wants to meet you". Raghu informed him.

"Let them in". Karthik said while sitting on his chair.

"Vanakkam officer". Muniswamy joined his hands and greeted him. Vinayak shook his hands with Karthik.

"You guys here, any problem?". Karthik asked them.

"It's nothing..... just we came ....to..." Vinayak was laughing awkwardly.

"Came to look if I'm alright after getting into a fight with Selvan men's?". Karthik said a taunt voice.