• 33

"Am I looking good?" Markandeyan adjusted his cluff while looking in the floor-to-ceiling length mirror.

"It's the 5th time you have been asking me this" Gandivan said with a little irritation in his voice.

Markandeyan took the cologne and sprayed it on his wrist and did a rub on it.

"I'm just nervous.. " He took his high-brand wrist watch and tied it. He turned and faced Gandivan.

"After all, I'm going to meet my sister". Markandeyan looked happy.

Seeing his cousin happy, Gandivan smiled. He missed that smile on him.

"OK.. It's already getting late. Let's go mama!" Gandivan got up and put his arm around Markandeyan and said.

"mama va?" Markandeyan smirked and raised his brow at Gandivan.

"Amaa.. ni mama na macha...now let's go!" Gandivan said while they started walking out of the hotel room.

"Then what about George?" Markandeyan asked, hiding his laugh.

"Who's George? I don't know any George, I just know Gandivan Kuppuswamy, grandson of Chinnamani, the great toddy tapper" Gandivan said stylishly, making Markandeyan laugh at him.

"You are not Mark. You are Markandeyan Rajadurai, CEO of Kasthuri Mall Group & Co."

"Shut up!" Markandeyan said in a dry voice. That company was never his and hearing that company's name, it reminded him of his late mother.

"OK, boss" Gandivan did a little salute to Markandeyan and sat in the passenger seat. While Markandeyan took a back seat.

Gandivan gave the address to their driver.

Throughout the journey, Gandivan was busy memorizing the routes and areas while Markandeyan was staring at his phone.

A small smile was plastered on his face seeing a family picture of six. Two ladies sat on the bench with a big smile on their lips. Their respective husbands stood behind them while resting their hands on their wife's shoulders. And a boy around six years old sitting in between those two ladies carrying a small girl around one year old on his lap smiling for the photo.

Markandeyan let go of a sigh. He swiped the photos. He stopped when a baby's photo came. He was stuck awed seeing Kushi's photo.

'Ahhh... My niece is the cutest baby in the world!!' Markandeyan screamed inside his head. He had a proud face and his niece was an adorable one.

Gandivan turned to say something to Markandeyan and silently turned away, seeing his cousin acting weirdly.

'My lord! Please look after my cousin's weirdness' Gandivan said, with straight face and made a cross.

***
Kumaraswamy Mansion was turned into a mini fairy tale's garden. With colour lights and balloons, the hall was decorated as per Meenakshi instructions. A long table was decorated with different types of animals and butterfly-shaped cookies and cupcakes. Different colourful drinks for kids and adults.

On the other side a wall was set up and decorated for a photoshoot for guests. And in the middle of the hall a table was set up. On top of it Kushi's First Birthday cake along with a few cupcakes and cookies were kept beside it.

 On top of it Kushi's First Birthday cake along with a few cupcakes and cookies were kept beside it