chapter 110: encounter

aerie

   Katsuki rolls his eyes. "This is fucking stupid," he mutters.

   "You're stupid!" I reply, "I haven't seen Kiri in a million years! Don't act like you don't want him to come, too."

   "Of course I do, but use your fucking head, Aerie! If we get caught by the heroes, no one's coming to save us! Don't you get that?!"

   "Duh. But I'm not about to let the heroes scare me into not living my life. Besides, I'm just gonna beam to where he's waiting, then right back here! It's no big deal, you big baby."

   "How am I a baby for trying to be careful?! The entire hero organization is looking for us, everyone knows our faces!"

   "Everyone knows your face, and your signature blonde hair, which is black now. No one will recognize you! Especially not in Balí."

   He rolls his eyes. "Well what if someone recognizes you? You're supposed to be dead."

   "How could anyone recognize me? Look at my outfit! Black combat boots? Black jeans? Who even am I? This fit isn't remotely comfortable! I've done a total 180!"

   Katsuki tilts his head, with one corner of his mouth turned up slightly. "I do dig the pink hair."

   I smile back at him. "What is Kirishima gonna think? We totally look like villains now. Look at your get up, you look just like Tomura," I say, in reference to his black trench coat and combat boots.

   "Don't compare me to that bastard!"

   "Come on, quit being like that. He's the one doing all the work while we just travel around. Isn't this what you said you wanted? It's just like old times! It's nearly perfect! The only thing we're missing is a little Kiri time."

Katsuki rolls his eyes. "I guess. Just be careful, okay?"

   "If you're so worried about it, just come with me. That way, if anything bad happens, you can protect me. That okay with you, hero?"

   "Fine," he says, folding his arms. "And don't call me that! I'm better than those useless pro-heroes."

"I know you are, kittykat." I say with a smirk.

   I still I can't believe I took this top-of-his-class goody two-shoes who was always screaming about being number one and dragged him over to the dark side, and it still blows my mind every day I see him conspiring alongside me and Tomura. It's crazy to me that I managed to steal someone over who was previously so set in his ideals, but I guess it pays to be right. And lovable.

And just as I'm standing here admiring my precious handiwork, my phone buzzes at a text from Kiri.

Ready!

"That's our queue!" I say, then grab onto Katsuki's hand. "Ready?" I say.

"Why the hell wouldn't I be?"

"Perfect," I say with a smile.

I close my eyes, then picture that sweet redhead that I've missed so much. I snap my fingers, then open my eyes, prepared to see my bestest friend in the whole world's excited smile to see me, but quickly realize, that's not going to happen.

   I do see my best friend standing about 5 feet in front of me, but he's far from smiling, and he's not alone. There's a man in a black suit on either side of him, guns drawn and pointed straight at us, with serious looks on their plain faces.

Before I have any time to process the scene before me, Katsuki's hand is snatched away from me as he's dragged to the other side of the room by another goon, this one holding a gun right up to his temple.

I stare my Katsuki with wide eyes. My first thought is to beam him the hell out of here, but I don't know how willing these guys are the pull the trigger if I act, and I don't want to take that chance. All I can do is purse my lips in frustration and stomp my foot. "Motherfucker!" I say through clenched teeth as I ball my fists at my sides.

"I fucking told you this was a bad idea!" Katsuki shouts, still managing to insist that he was right even with a gun to his head.

"Shut up!" I respond, then turn to my so-called best friend. "Kiri, What the hell?! You sold us out?!"

Kiri looks at us with frantic eyes. "No!" he says, panicking. "I don't know what happened, they showed up out of nowhere!"

I roll my eyes at this stupid yet predictable situation, then sigh at my own naivety. "What the hell do you want?" I say to the bastards in black holding us hostage.

"You're coming with us," says a voice behind me, and I quickly whip my head around to see 2 more men with guns drawn and pointed at my dome, making this small room feel even more crowded with all 8 of us in here.

I narrow my eyes at the one who spoke. "What, or you'll kill a former UA student?" I say, attempting to call his bluff. "Y'know, the one who just publicly came out against the hero organization? How's that gonna turn out for you?"

"I know you're smarter than to think that we won't," he replies.

"Do that," Katsuki says, "And Aerie will expose you, then the public will hate you assholes even more."

"Would that really be worth your life?" the bastard replies.

I grit my teeth. "No," I say. "It's not." I glance around the room, at Kiri's terrified face, then Katsuki's angry one, then back to the expressionless one of the man who spoke. "We'll go with you."

"Are you fucking kidding me, Aerie?!" shouts Katsuki.

"What the hell else do you want to do?!" I shout back at him, "We don't have a choice!" I fold my arms with a sigh. "They got us."

"Just leave me, dumbass! Get the hell out of here and save yourself!"

I scoff. "Who the hell do you think I am? I'm not leaving you."

"Why the hell not?! I won't be able to save you this time!"

"Shut up!" I shout, frustratedly. "Don't act like you wouldn't do the same for me."

Katsuki looks up to the ceiling with a huff. "Fine," he groans.

   "So," I say, "Where are we-"

   And before I can finish my thought, I feel the sharp pinch of a needle in my shoulder, and everything goes black.