Chapter 12: Take Me To The Pilot (18+)

Raven woke up the next morning before their alarm did. The sky still cast a dark blue color with the sun not yet in the sky. She looked over to see Peter still curled up next to her in bed, his hand resting gently against her arm.

She smiled at the sight of his sleepy gaze and kissed him on the cheek, before rising from the bed. After putting her cloak on, she floated out of the room and grabbed some tea for herself and coffee for Peter, before promptly returning to the room. When she returned, Peter was still there sound asleep.

She set her tea down on her side, before leaning down and kissing him on the forehead.

"Time to wake up, Spider." She said in a hushed voice.

Peter hummed with a pleased smile as her soft voice guided him out of his slumber. "Ooh, but you're SO cozy, though."

Raven smiled at that and held up his cup. "Coffee?"

Peter's eyes widened at that with excitement. "Now you're speaking my crackalackin' language." He smirked as he accepted the cup and sat up in bed. "Thank you so much!" He said with a smile and leaned in to kiss her.

"No problem." She shrugged timidly. "You usually wake up before me, so I figured I'd be nice for once."

Peter scoffed at that. "You're always nice. The NICEST." He said with a flirtatious wink.

Raven nodded and poked him in the chest. "And don't you forget it." She turned and grabbed her tea cup and cautiously took a few sips. "How'd you sleep?"

Peter stared off for a moment at that. He remembered everything that happened the previous night. The monstrous creature with it's freakishly wide glowing smile in the darkness. Then, just like that, it was gone.

That made his stomach drop.

He had no way of explaining such an event, and from what it seemed, he hallucinated the entire ordeal.

"Not the best, to be honest." He replied with a sigh.

"Trouble sleeping?" She replied.

"Kinda..." He said, staring off in silence for a moment longer. "I got up in the middle of the night and... I saw something."

Raven's brows furrowed with concern. "What did you see?"

Peter shook his head with a dumbfounded look. "I was on my way to the kitchen in the middle of the night and I saw this." He held his arms up to emphasize his point. "This HUGE and... TERRIFYING face. Just... Staring at me in the doorway."

Raven raised a brow in confusion. "A face?"

"Yeah." He nodded, looking just as confused as she was. "It broke the lights and attacked me... Then it disappeared. Like it never happened."

"Are you okay?!" She asked with worry.

Peter looked back at her, into her deep pools of violet and smiled at her affectionate concern for him. "Yeah... I think so." He sighed. "It just freaks me out is all. This is EXACTLY what Batman warned us about." He hung his head at that. "Now I'm just gonna end up like that Leigh guy."

"Hey." She replied, shaking his arm slightly. He looked back at her and she smiled back with compassion. "Everything's gonna be okay. We knew this might happen and now we can handle it."

Peter nodded at that. "Right."

"Plus." Raven shrugged. "It doesn't hurt to have a magic girlfriend."

Peter chuckled at that and nodded his head. "No lie there." He replied, before quickly sipping his coffee. "So. How bout you? How'd you sleep?"