Epilogue

Peter groaned as he found himself face down once again on the moist carpet in the Backrooms. His body ached all over from the various bruises and burns he had. He sat up and looked up to the sight of mono yellow, that had haunted his dreams for so long.

However, looking at them now, brought about a different feeling than he was used to. Rather than the existential dread, he often experienced from this place, he instead felt only a strange sense of nostalgic comfort. After seeing the world turned to ash, a monotonous maze of empty spaces felt...

Oddly nice.

What sorts of wonders could he find in here?

Suddenly, the sound of a demonic roar sounded from down the corridors. He immediately turned his head toward a brilliantly lit hallway to his left.

He wondered to himself what that could have been.

Some monstrous apparition of the space itself?

Or someone else entirely?

Curiously, he stumbled to his feet and made his way down the hallway, following it as it snaked to the left. He found himself in a large open space that looked like a winding snake-like hallway, made from the basic outlines for rooms.

He stopped for a moment, noticing multiple paths and listened out, until he heard the roar sound again to his right. On and on he walked, following the roads as they drew closer and closer.

Then finally, he came across a balcony, leading into a massive open space, the entirety of which followed the same mono-yellow color scheme. He slowly made his way towards the balcony intending to look over the edge to see how high up it was.

However, before he did, he jumped back when a giant red face with white hair lifted into sight. The four eyes of Trigon stared back at him and the demon snarled viciously upon seeing him.

"You filthy abomination of creation!" Trigon roared.

Peter prepared himself to evade the demon, but that's when he noticed him struggling to move, his arms and legs tightly pinned to his body. Due to his enormous size, even the massive pace wasn't enough to hold him, rendering him virtually immobile. Trigon roared and pushed outward with all his might, but no matter how hard he pushed, the walls would not surrender to him.

Peter took a step closer and grabbed the guard rail, looking out at the trapped demon.

"Don't you just hate it when the laws of physics are ignored?" Peter taunted. "Makes you feel... pretty helpless... doesn't it?"

"I WILL kill you boy!" Trigon roared, "Mark my words! In every way! In every universe, I will destroy you!"

"I admire your optimism." Peter pointed at him as he pushed away from the balcony. "But you aren't going anywhere for a VERY long time." He said as he turned and started walking away. "I'll send you a postcard."

Trigon roared and beat his fists on the walls as hard as he could over and over again, but to no effect.

"Get back here, boy!" He roared as Peter walked away. "Get back here so I can destroy you! You fucking insect!"

"Arachnid!" Peter called back, from further down the hallway.

He continued walking into the empty yellow spaces, through darkness and light. Through the familiar and the alien, until Trigon's roars could no longer be heard in his ears. That's when he stopped walking and looked around.

He stood in a large open, yellow room with vaulted ceilings and a single round pillar with the same yellow wallpaper off-center in the corner of the room.

As good a place as any to take a rest.

So, he went into the corner of the room and leaned his back against the pillar, sitting on the floor with a tired sigh of relief.

Raven's face appeared in his mind and he couldn't help but smile to himself.

He had no idea when or if he was going to get out of here.

However, Trigon was here too.

Raven could live her life however she wanted, free of fear. Living in a monotonous maze in exchange for saving the love of his life?

That was a price he could live with.

'I know you probably can't hear me.' he thought to himself. 'But I'm lucky to have ever met you... And I'm gonna do everything I can to make it back to you... I promise.' He sighed and leaned his head back with a roll of the eyes. 'I love you.' he thought to himself.

He knew she couldn't hear him here, but it didn't matter.

She was worth it.

A/N:

Alright, NOW it's over. Lol.

Just a quick side note. There ARE a few side projects planned for this universe. Some of you may already know about my story, The Midnight Carnival. Which will star Kate Bishop and see her teaming up with Batman and Robin to take down the Punisher to stop his rampage across Gotham. I MAY or may not do this one, I'm still debating it. Might be canceled.

Another project, called Uncanny|| Peter Parker, is now FINISHED and ready to read! This is a seven chapter short story, detailing Peter's journey through and escape from the Backrooms. This is less of an action packed adventure, and more of a journey through Peter's soul, as he gets closer to inner peace. Obviously its a more artsy-fartsy kind of story, but if you wanna go on a far out journey, check it out!  Once again, it is FINISHED.

(UPDATED Jan 30th, 2024) Now, as for the actual THIRD installment in our Spider-Man X Raven series, that one HAS been started and is currently available to read on Wattpad and AO3

(UPDATED Jan 30th, 2024) Now, as for the actual THIRD installment in our Spider-Man X Raven series, that one HAS been started and is currently available to read on Wattpad and AO3. Its titled Spider-Man: Lost and Found. Detailing Peter's life after he returns to the DC universe. Don't forget to check out the short story, Uncanny|| Peter Parker, to read up on Peter's journey through and escape from the Backrooms.

Here is the cover for Spider-Man: Lost and Found.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who has made it this far

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who has made it this far. It's crazy to think we're already at the end of the second story. Now that this one is over I'd like to hear your thoughts /reviews. How does this one compare to the first one? Did it exceed your expectations? Disappoint? Leave your thoughts on the comments below and I will see y'all in the next story!