Chapter 33

And just like that a whole week had passed. Today was Friday and since they had agreed on a dating routine, today would be the first time they would have date night. And at the same time it was their third date. Of course he didn't expect anything to happen today because Meredith wasn't like anyone else and like this also didn't fit into stereotypes like the one where people say that after the third date you have sex.

He was just hoping that the start of a new part of her routine wouldn't be too overwhelming. The past week they had only seen each other at work and had texted in the mornings and evenings. He had purposely not suggested any activities that would bring Meredith out of concept since the whole week she was still a little shaky and nervous. But they had spent time at work together. They had had lunch together, had done surgeries together and yesterday they had even taken a nap together in one of the on call rooms.

So, today would be the day. The first date night. And internally he was hoping that she would stay over at his place again tonight. Even though the first time she had had an anxiety attack in the morning, he was almost sure that this time everything would go great. And he had even made sure that if she would forget her ankle weights again she would have a set at his place. He had even made sure that they were a different colour than the ones she already had. Since she already had pink and blue ones he had bought purple ones since he had read something about colour coding and how important it was for some autists to colour code important things.

Right now he was standing in the lobby of the hospital, two cups of coffee in his hands. He had paged Meredith since he knew that she had some free time right now and he wanted to plan their date night with her.

"Hey!" he said happily as he saw her coming out of the elevator, a small smile on her face that soon turned into a grin as she saw that he had coffee. "Hi." She said, taking the cup he handed her. "I thought we could plan our date tonight." He said, leading her over to one of the couches at the entry, sitting down next to her.

"This date night thing was really a great idea. Because I'm mentally completely prepared and I'm also excited." She said, smiling brightly as she took a sip of the coffee. "That's good, I'm excited too. So, what would you like to do?" he asked, wanting to ask her firs before suggesting anything. But before she could answer, Alex suddenly approached them.

"Mer how did you get that coffee?" he asked, eyeing her accusingly. "Uhm- Andrew gave it to me." She said, the grin never leaving her face. Alex just sighed, reaching out his hand and expecting her to give it to him. But she didn't. "Come on Mer." He said and she finally gave in, giving him the cup. Andrew just looked at him confused.

As Meredith noticed Andrew's confused gaze she spoke up. "Alex thinks that coffee makes me hyperactive which it doesn't." she said, eyeing Alex annoyed what made Andrew chuckle. "Oh Mer, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I can't drink coffee at home and Alex made sure that no one at the hospital sells it to me. I can't even make myself coffee in the attendings lounge. But you're overreacting I'm not a child." Meredith said, a little offended and embarrassed since it was humiliating to be in this situation in front of Andrew. "I'm not treating you like a child I'm saving you from humiliation." Alex said, smiling at her. Andrew just found the whole situation hilarious and how Meredith was pouting, sticking out her bottom lip was absolutely adorable.

"So, no more coffee for her DeLuca." He warned before walking away. "Mer." Andrew just said as she was still looking down. "Come here." He said, scooting closer and laying an arm around her, pulling her in for a hug. "I'm not hyperactive." She whispered. "Of course not." He said, kissing the top of her head softly.

"Did you thought about date night already? Any ideas?" he asked instead, wanting to distract her a little. "Actually I have three ideas. The first one is that we just go to the same restaurant that we went to on our first date because the Pizza was absolutely amazing and it was also very romantic I guess and also we had a corner table which was amazing because we weren't in the centre of the room and it wasn't too loud or crowded and it was really good. But I also thought we could go to one of the other restaurants you suggested because I would also like to try something new as long as there won't be too many people and it won't be too loud, I don't know the restaurants but you do so maybe you know which one would be the best. Or you could just come over to my place and we order Chinese food because Alex ordered sushi yesterday and I tried it for the first time and I really like it and I would eat it again today, also I think we could watch a movie and it would be comfier because we would be at home." She rambled and the whole time while she was talking the smile on his face slowly turned into a grin.

"What?" she asked confused as she noticed how he looked at her. "Nothing I just think that maybe Alex wasn't actually that wrong about the coffee." He said chuckling, stroking her cheek because this was more than adorable. Meredith was really a little hyperactive even though she only drank a few sips of the coffee and it was the cutest thing he had ever seen. She was rambling and so not sitting still since she already had one of her legs up on the couch. "Hey! I'm not hyperactive!" she said, weakly punching his arm what made him laugh even more. "Of course not, come here, you need to calm down and drink some water." Andrew said, knowing that she definitely couldn't treat patients like this. He pulled her into his arms, letting her rest against his side and passing her one of the water bottles that was stored on the table in the waiting area, making her take a few sips since she needed to get the caffeine out of her system.

"I like your last idea though. Sushi sounds amazing I'm a big fan too. And I would love to watch a movie afterwards. Also we could wear comfy cloths which would be absolutely amazing. No one needs fancy dinners." He said, rubbing her arm lovingly.

"Okay. So, you can come over at seven so that we can eat at seven thirty." She said, enjoying being close to him. Sadly though the present he had bought her with the purple ankle weights would have to wait another week. But he was definitely looking forward to spending another whole evening with Meredith.