PART 24

"Hey Enid." Yoko greets me as I sigh and close my locker, nervously playing with the straps of my bag because Yoko's clingy-ness is starting to annoy me.

It's like she makes it a point to spend time with
me every single second of the day. She's sweet-
but a person can go too overboard when it gets this Sweet and that's Yoko. It's like she has a never ending case of the whip cream. I can practically see the Billie Eilish baggy costume covering her body as I flash out a small smile.

"Hello Yoko." I mumble, tilting my head to the side as she grins and fixes her high-pony.

We just stay quiet, and I don't want to be rude or
anything but I'm about to ask her if I can go and be by myself.

Remember when I complained about always being alone? Well I take it back, I want some me time and I can't have it when Yoko's trying to accompany me everywhere, even in the bathrooms. It's crazy.

She giggles and I try not to roll my eyes as I offer
her a kind smile. "So what are you up to today?" she asks me shyly.

I lick my lips and shrug my shoulders. "Im not
sure, school just started." I answer her bluntly,
praying to the heavens that Max would appear and save me from this awkward moment.

Well, awkward for me.

"Well duh." She replies, giggling some more with a playful eye roll. "But I was wondering what you're up to after school." She corrects herself, clasping her hands together in a semi-cheerleader way as I scrunch my nose up, thinking.

"Im going home to start on my applications for
college." I tell her, swiveling on my toes when I
hear Max calling out for me by the end of the
hallway. I flash her one last smile and wave
goodbye to her, hurrying to Max' side.

"Woah, no running on the halls, Clumsy." She
jokes, making me swat her in the arm as she
chuckles and leads the way, making me catch up a few steps.

I blow the hair falling to my forehead away and
sigh. "Im not clumsy." I tell her, quirking my
eyebrow as she laughs some more. Frowning, I
repeat myself. "I am not clumsy."

She nods and licks her lips. "Keep telling yourself that Enid." She chortles and I'm about to reply, my mouth slightly open when the usual cold syrup hits me straight in the face, a few chunks of ice entering my mouth as I gasp and shiver at the cold liquids slipping through the opening of my sweater, creating an iceberg attack on my pale skin.

I blink a couple of times and when I can finally
adjust myself to the light, I see Wednesday. Divina, and Nancy, Robin and just ugh, cheerios, laughing their asses off whilst holding a cup of slushy in hand.

Max' furious aura erupts beside me as she steps
forward and points menacingly at Wednesday, who she assumes, is the cause of this mayhem.

"Addams" she growls, gritting her teeth as she wipes away some slushy off her right cheek. "--what did I tell you about"

She rolls her eyes and smirks at her, waving her off as she winks at me. "Oh please, Max. We did her a favor" she says, chuckling some more. Nancy nods, stepping forward as she high-fives Divina that's beside her. "That's right, we did -can you not see how hot it is outside?" she gasps, fake-covering her mouth as Divina smiles at them.

"Exactly, so don't get mad at us for helping out a
poor girl in heat." Wednesday hisses, making me
blush at the double meaning of her words because it's kind of funny how only her and I only know about, well--being in heat with one another.

Biting my inner cheek, I swish away some big
chunks of ice and sigh, giving Wednesday a
disappointed look as she ignores me and continues to have a staring contest at Max.

"Aren't you embarrassed?" Max snaps back,
crossing her arms together to keep her steady. It's not her motto to hit girls, even if they act like a bunch of boy-version douche-bags. "You're the Vice President of this school--and you're bullying."

Wednesday rolls her eyes and pokes her hard on
the chest.

On the other hand, on Wednesday's side she
doesn't mind a good beating, moral or not. "Didn't you just hear what I said?" she says in a low voice, eyes hard in a glare. "Im helping blue eyes here with the hot weather of this school."

Max' nose is flaring and she's about to spit
something right back at her when I step closer and hold her arm, making her face me as I look up at her and shake my head, silently telling her not to do what I think she's about to do. Her eyes soften and she hesitantly clenches her fist as she sighs and turns to Wednesday, smirking. "Well, thanks for being such a nice bitch Addams, see you around." She salutes, nudging her hard on the shoulder as she passes by her while holding my hand, dragging me away from my torturers as I blink the cold syrup away from my eyes and chance a glance at Wednesday, but I can barely see her with this mess.

We enter the bathroom and she locks the door
shut, rushing to my side as she hastily brings up
my sweater and removes it off of my body, leaving me in my black sports bra while I hug my body and shiver, blushing in embarrassment for being half-naked and because of the cold.

Max doesn't seem to bothered though, we've
already seen each other naked-and that was an
accident--so she goes to the sink, crumples my
sweater into a ball and damps it in water, leaving me to watch her as I feel my teeth chattering at the coldness.

"M-M-Max--"I stutter, rubbing my bare arms. "It--s-s oka--"Igulp and will my tears away because shit, this is the coldest slushy hit I've ever gotten the pleasure of receiving. She shakes her head and clucks her tongue, and I can see her do these actions in the mirror as she turns back to me and gently wipes the colored liquids out of my face.

"Im going to get back at her Enid, I swear to you." she hisses lowly, plucking out a few chunks off of my black hair as she frowns at me. "She's not going to beat you--never. You're going to be amazing one day."

I know she tells me this always. She always tells
me that I'm better but I just can't help but feel so
downgraded whenever I'm hit. It's just so cold and painful that sometimes I wonder if Wednesday will ever feel that way? What I feel? Then would she realize how painful it is to be me?