PART 17

She won't stop texting me.

Wednesday, that is.

After Yoko brought me to her house last night
and gave me new clothes to change to, we went
to the nearest pizza parlor and ate one whole roll. It was fun, we talked about everything--why she transferred, our birthdays, the typical things you talk when you're on a date. I mean, we didn't have a date--but you know, the typical things you talk about when you're starting to have a date with someone.

The most annoying part of that night in the pizza parlor? I felt empty. Like, no matter how much I told myself to get away from Wednesday because she's a hopeless case, I just keep going back to her in my head. I can't stop thinking of her and I can't stop my heart when it beats for her. Now I'm starting to think, I'm the hopeless case.

The ringing sound of my phone disrupts me from my thoughts as I shuffle in bed and rub my sorebeyelids as I slide my phone open. I sigh upon seeingvher name flash again.

Wednesday Addams : I'm sorry.

It's starting to get to me too, because is that the
only thing you have to say? Does she think that by saying a million sorry's, it's just going to be okay now? That I'm going to forgive her?

Well if I was still the sore loser I'd forgive her in an instant. But now I'm not, I've gotten to experience how it is being with Wednesday and when she's not surrounded by people from our school, she's just a big baby.

Another ring.

Wednesday Addams: I'm sorry.

In all honesty though, I'm flattered.

Wednesday Addams does not say sorry she never says sorry to anyone, not even Divina. I know so because I read that in our school newspaper, an article about all things Wednesday--god, I'm hopeless.

You see, Wednesday hates admitting defeat, she
always wants to be right even if she's wrong. She doesn't want to feel the embarrassment, the guilt, the negativity, no she wants to make others feel that way, but not her. So when I woke up and saw that she texted me a big sorry text, my heart melted but my brain told me to stand fiercely and not give in.

Receiving a sorry from Wednesday is beyond
friendship because hello, Divina doesn't even get a sorry from Wednesday, so what does that make me? But I'm tired of always hoping for a relationship with her. Yet I really really want to be friends with her too.

Wednesday Addams: I'm sorry.

I bite my lower lip and slap my cheeks repeatedly, willing myself to not give in as I hid my phone under my pillow and jumped out of bed, ready to change into some comfy clothes because it's the weekend and I'm going to enjoy it with no problems in the world. That's right, no problems.

Just as I pull over my sweater, my body stiffens at the vibrating sound coming from my bed. I eye it wearily and chew on my lip hesitantly, closing my eyes then opening them to tell myself--again that she's not worth it.

A knock from my bedroom door takes me away from my troubled thoughts as I grabbed a towel
and wrapped it around my half-naked body,
walking over to the door as I lean close and ask
who it is.

"Yeah?"

There's rustling in the other side and a small smile tugs up my lips as I realize that it's my dad bringing me breakfast in bed, most probably. It's this thing he does to remind me that even if he and mom works almost all day, that he cares about me--and works hard for my future and well-being.

"Can ya' open the door, Enid?"

And it's pretty awesome having Texan blood inside your body too. My dad's from Texas-and yes to all your stereotyped minds that he is one of those boys who grew up on the ranches. He's typically the boy you'd see on Texas themed shows with the cowboy hat, boots and accent. He still has it to this day even if he's surrounded by Americans. Mom found him--