Geonosis & Confessions

The Council members continue to listen to Obi-Wan as he pushes Anakin back out of the hologram.

Obi-Wan: The Commerce Guilds and Corporate Alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming an... Wait!... Wait! Anakin! On your guard!

Y/N and Padme watch as Obi-Wan is attacked by several roller droids. The hologram cuts off. Y/N jumps up, agitated, and concerned.

The Council members also see the attack on Obi-Wan and Anakin. Yoda looks to Mace Windu.

Yoda: More happening on Geonosis, I feel, than has been revealed.

Mace Windu: I agree.

—--------------------------------------------------------

Y/N and Padme watch a hologram of Mace Windu.

Mace Windu: Y/N, We will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing for you is to stay where you are. Protect the Senator at all costs. That is your first priority.

Y/N: Understood.

The hologram switches off. Padme is looking at the readout on the ship's control panel.

Padme: They'll never get there in time to save him. They have to come halfway across the galaxy. Look, Geonosis is less than a parsec away.

Padme starts to hit buttons and flick switches. Y/N puts a hand over hers, stopping her. She stares at him.

Y/N: If they're still alive.

Padme: Y/N, are you just going to sit here and let them die?? Your brother... your best friend??

Y/N: Yeah... Anakin may be the only family I have left and Obi-Wan is like another brother, but you heard Master Windu. He gave me strict orders to stay here.

Padme: He gave you strict orders to protect me...

Padme pulls her hand free and flicks more switches. The engines fire.

Padme: ...and I'm going to save Obi-Wan. So if you plan to protect me, you will have to come along.

Y/N grins and takes the controls. 3PO and R2 come forward from the back of the starship. 3PO straps himself into a seat behind Padme.

The Naboo Starship rises from the bluff and zooms away.

—--------------------------------------------------------

The duo heads toward the rings of Geonosis.

Y/N pilots the starship close to the ground, weaving around towering rock formations.

Padme: See those columns of steam straight ahead? They're exhaust vents of some type.

Y/N: That should work as some cover.

Y/N pilots the craft straight down into a column, flying through the steam, and landing at the bottom.

Padme and Y/N prepare to leave the starship.

Padme: Look, whatever happens out there, follow my lead. I'm not interested in getting into a war here. As a member of the Senate, maybe I can find a diplomatic solution to this mess.

Y/N: Don't worry. I've given up trying to argue with you.

R2 whistles a plaintive sigh.

C-3PO: My sad little friend. If they had needed our help, they would have asked for it. You have a lot to learn about humans.

—--------------------------------------------------------

Y/N and Padme enter the stalagmite city. They stop, looking around in wonder at the gaping emptiness and talk ceilings.