Bespin

3PO: Oh. No one to meet us.

Leia: I don't like this.

Han: Well, what would you like?

Y/N: (weakly) Well it would nice if this idyllic city in the sky didn't seem so hostile.

3PO: Well, they did let us land.

Y/N: Maybe he wants it to be up close and personal when he shoots us.

Han: Look, don't worry. Everything's going to be fine. Trust me.

Y/N: You always say that Han. It hardly ever ends well, trusting you.

Lando Calrissian, a suave, dashing black man in his thirties, leads a group of aides and some Cloud City guards rapidly through a doorway and toward the landing platform.

Y/N: This looks promising.

The group, like the other citizens of the city, is a motley collection of aliens, droids, and humans of all descriptions. Lando has a grim expression on his face as he moves onto the landing platform.

Han: See? My friend. (to Chewie) Keep your eyes open, okay?

Chewie growls as Han walks down the ramp. Lando and his men head across the bridge to meet the space pirate.

Lando stops ten feet from Han. The two men eye each other carefully. Lando shakes his head.

Lando: Why, you slimy, double-crossing no-good swindler! You've got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled.

Han points to himself innocently, mouthing, 'Me?'

Lando moves threateningly toward Han. Suddenly, he throws his arms around his startled, long-lost friend and embraces him.

Lando: (laughs) How you doing, you old pirate? So good to see you! I never thought I'd catch up with you again. Where you been?

The two old friends embrace, laughing and chuckling.

3PO: Well, he seems very friendly.

Leia: (wary) Yes... very friendly.

Y/N: (weakly) Too friendly. That's my biggest issue with him. It's unsettling.

Leia nods at him and turns back to the interaction.

Lando: What are you doing here?

Han: (gestures toward the Falcon) Ahh... repairs. I thought you could help me out. (pointing to Y/N) Our tech guy got messed up a little bit.

Lando: (in mock panic) What have you done to my ship?

Han: Your ship? Hey, remember, you lost her to me fair and square. Besides, Y/N over here messed with it more than I did.

Y/N: (Exasperated) Nice recovery, Han.

Chewie growls a reserved greeting. Lando suddenly notices the princess and smiles.

Lando: Hello. What have we here? Welcome. I'm Lando Calrissian. I'm the administrator of this facility. And who might you be?

Leia: (coldly) Leia.

Lando: Welcome, Leia.

Lando bows before Leia and tries to kiss her hand which she retracts. Y/N looks at her with a smugness about being right. She smiles back at him as Han comes over.

Han: Alright, alright, you old smoothie.

Han takes Leia by the hand and steers her away from Lando.

Lando moves over to Y/N and looks up at him. Y/N glares down in annoyance as Lando feels a bank of intimidation in the stare.