Happy Landings

The brothers, Obi-Wan, and Palpatine hang precariously on the side of the bottomless elevator shaft. Obi-Wan regains consciousness and tries to look around.

Anakin: Easy... We're in a bit of a situation.

Obi-Wan: Did I miss something?

Y/N: Only a couple of things.

Obi-Wan looks down and sees Palpatine and the bottomless pit. They hear R2 beeping on Obi-Wan's comlink. The ship begins to roll, causing the vertical shaft to move into a forty-five degree angle. They hear the elevator brakes release and look up to see the elevator heading toward them.

Anakin: Hold on.

Obi-Wan: What is that?

Y/N: That would be the elevator we called earlier.

Y/N, Obi-Wan, and Anakin look up to watch the elevator approach them at high speed, then Obi-Wan turns to Anakin.

Obi-Wan: Oops.

Anakin: R2, R2, shut down the elevator!

Y/N: I don't think that's gonna help.

Obi-Wan: Too late! Jump!

They fall about three hundred feet before the tilt of the ship catches up with them, and they hit the side of the shaft and slide at great speed just ahead of the elevator. The shaft continues to rotate until it is completely horizontal.

Y/N, Anakin, and Obi-Wan take out and throw grappling hooks. The hooks catch and they continue to fall. All the doors in the elevator shaft open up, and the group swings through the open door into a hallway. The elevator roars by.

The brothers, Obi-Wan, and Palpatine fly through the elevator door and land.

Obi-Wan: Let's see if we can find something in the hangar bay that's still flyable. Come on.

Anakin: R2, get down here. R2, do you copy?

Y/N: Let's hope so. Can't leave without him.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Federation Cruiser continues to rotate, R2 squeals and pokes a periscope out of a pile of broken battle Droid parts. He looks around then rockets up out of the debris.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two Jedi masters and Anakin lead Palpatine down a hallway toward the hangar bay.

It is extremely windy as bits and pieces are continually sucked into space. The hangar bay doors are closed, but great stresses are being exerted as the ship twists, re-entering the atmosphere of Coruscant. They stop in a doorway leading into the hangar bay.

Obi-Wan: None of those ships will get us anywhere.

Anakin: I agree.

Palpatine: What are we going to do?

Y/N: I can probably cook something up with time.

Anakin: We don't have time.

The brothers look at the other Jedi

Obi-Wan: Don't look at me. I don't know.

He shrugs his shoulders. Anakin's Fighter has been sucked out of the hangar bay and is totaled. Suddenly, the ship turns on its side.

Anakin: Here, Chancellor, lock this around your waist, and hold on.

Obi-Wan: We'll head toward the bridge and see if we can find an escape pod.