Chapter 13: The Long Night Part 3

Date: September 27, 2024
Time: 9:11 PM
Location: South Tokyo
Weather: Partly Cloudy

.
.
.

"What do you want from us?" Genya questioned as he stood guard, "The package," one of the demons casually said, "How do you know we were escorting a package?" Genya replied. "Our boss told us, and now we have to do what he says, so out of our way!" One of the demons says. "You'd have to go through us first!" Genya said as he and Inosuke were about to pounce, they realized Zenitsu was missing and looked around and saw him cowering in the corner, "Zenitsu! Get up here idiot!" Inosuke screamed, Zenitsu then immediately ran up and took a guard, but he was still shaking due to the fear in his veins.

Inosuke immediately ran in as the others were about to prepare for an attack, the demons were caught off guard as he charged, "Beast Breathing: Second Fang: Slice!" Inosuke said as he tried to cut through one of the demons, the demon he hit blocked the attack and sent him flying back into some trees. "Inosuke!" Genya thought, he then began to move around the demons at high speeds and began to shoot both of them, "Blood Demon Art: Rock Wall!" One of the demons shouted as large rectangular rocks protruded from the ground and blocked all of Genya's bullet, "Beast Breathing: Eight Form: Explosive Rush!" Inosuke said as he charged into a couple of demons as he regained his posture and ran in, "Blood Demon Art: Spike Devour!" One of the demons said as spikes raised out of the ground toward Inosuke, Inosuke ignored this as he used his flexibility to maneuver around each and every spike, Inosuke managed to reach the demon, but the demon blocked it with his arms and launched him back, Inosuke managed to stand up and regain his posture, he was about to attack again when he saw the demon's hand form into large spikes that were as sharp as a scalpel. Inosuke ignored this and charged at him, they then began to exchange blows with their swords/arm spikes.

With Genya, he was having a bit more trouble with the demon as it had more of a defensive art. He kept shooting at him, but most of his shots were being blocked. "Tch..." He thought as he kept running around and shooting him, "Blood Demon Art: Rock Slide!" The demon said as he launched large rocks at Genya at high speeds, Genya managed to dodge them all but he was getting tired, he then looked at Zenitsu who was behind him trying to block some of the rocks that were thrown at him, "Get in the battle idiot!" He said as he began to shoot the demon again, "I can't, I'm scared!" Zenitsu screamed back, "How did you become a dam slayer?!" He shouted, but Zenitsu couldn't respond as he was struck in the head by a stray rock, which knocked him out efficiently, "Shit!" Genya thought, he knew that Zenitsu had another side of him when he was unconscious, so he was a little ecstatic, but he was worried a little bit since the rock knocked him out with a high force, so he didn't know if it would kill him or not. Regardless, he just kept on fighting.

"Beast Breathing: Ninth Fang: Extending Bendy Slash!" Inosuke said as he dislocated both of his arms and started slashing at the demons with incredible speed. The demon parried each slash but realized that the slayer's swords were now chipping away at his arms, "Tch!" He thought, he then transformed one of his hands back into a regular arm, he then reached into the air and prepared for an attack, "Blood Demon Srt: Spikes of Hades!" He said as flamming spikes started to rain down from above onto Inosuke. Inosuke already had experience with these types of attacks, so he jumped in the air and said, "Beast Breathing: Fifth Fang: Crazy Cutting!" He then managed to cut all the spikes that were aimed directly at him, "What!?" The demon thought as he watched his attack get completely nullified by the boar, Inosuke then charged forward, "Beast Breathing: Second Fang: Slice!" He said as he charged toward the demon and released an attack in an "X" shape. The demon blocked the blow but not without seeing his arms being slowly cut in half, he pushed him off, but Inosuke just kept attacking again and again.

After a while of Inosuke attacking the demon, the demon started to grow more and more furious by the minute, "ENOUGH!" He screamed as he pushed off Inosuke again, he then released another attack, "Blood Demon Art: Circular Spike Manifestation!" He said as he manifested disks that had many tink spikes on the side of them, he then launched them at Inosuke who easily deflected it, but to Inosuke's surprise the disk came back at him again, he block it again but it ricocheted off a tree and came back at him again, soon enough Inosuke was now trapped in an endless flurry of blocks and parries as he hit the disks which ricocheted back again and again.

The demon smiled at this, "Looks like you got trapped in my art," he maliciously said, he then launched another attack, "Blood Demon Art: Spike Charade!" He said as waved his arms in front of him and spikes launched out of nowhere and headed towards Inosuke. Inosuke's eyes shrank as he was about to block the incoming flurry of spikes, but he was soon interrupted by one of the disks cutting him on the arm and a yellow flash that appeared right in front of him. "Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!" An unconscious Zenitsu said as he appeared in front of Inosuke and blocked all the spikes that were heading toward him, he then took a stance, "Blood Demon Art: Spike Pierce!" The demon said as he unleashed six large spikes that originated from behind him, Zenitsu then took a breath and muttered under his breath, "Thunder Breathing: First From: Thunder Clap and Flash: Sixfold." He said as he charge in a flash of yellow and blue, he managed to cut all six spikes in half and get close to the demon's neck, "Fast!" The demon thought as he barely managed to dodge the slayer's attack, the two then began trading blows with Zenitsu slowly overwhelming the demon with a little speed.

"Penya a little help!" Inosuke shouted as he was still deflecting the sharp disks, "I'm currently occupied here!" Genya shouted back as he moved around pillars made of rock and boulders being launched at him, "Just one or two shots!" Inosuke said, "Tch!" Genya thought as he pointed his gun and shot the disks that Inosuke was occupied with, he then reverted his attention to the demon ahead of him as the disks flew off into the forest. "Thanks!" Inosuke said as he charge the demon that Zenitsu was fighting.

Genya was starting to get really agitated as he kept on firing his bullets and reloading, "I'm going to run out of ammo soon!" He thought as he kept on firing his remaining rounds, he then decided to take out his sword and start deflecting attacks in order to conserve ammo. "Blood Demon Art: Cave-in!" The demon shouted as the ground below Genya started to collapse, "Shit!" Genya thought as the ground collapsed and a seemingly endless hole replaces it, he fell down the hole but managed to grab onto a dangling root of a nearby tree, "Looks like the lone slayer has finally been defeated, you were a real trouble you know that?" The demon said as the was hovering on a piece of debris, "And you were a coward, only defending yourself like that, fight me like a man b*tch!" Genya shouted as the grip from the root started to loosen, the demon noticed this and smirked, but he was a bit ticked off at Genya's earlier comment. "It looks like this is the end for you, goodbye slayer." He said as he grabbed Genya's hand and dropped him into the hole, but before he could do that, a yellow flash appeared in front of him and his head flew off. The demon's body and head then collapsed and fell into the endless hole, but before he disintegrated away, he saw a distant image of Zenitsu holding Genya by his shoulders and Inosuke next to him. "NOOOO..." He screamed as his body and head fell down the hole.

"Well that should be it for now," Genya said. "Shit! Manao and Mezuko!" Inosuke said as he started running in the direction of the girls and the convoy, the other two boys followed suit and began running into the forest.

.
.
.
.
.

"Blood Demon Art: Glass Shards of Deception!" The demon yelled as he sent glass shards at the two slayer women. "Water Breathing: Third Form: Flowing Dance!" Nezuko said as she charged the demon while slashing at the shards of glass coming at her at high speeds. Nezuko managed to defend herself from some of the shards, but to her surprise, some of the shards were fake and were only there to distract her from blocking the real shards, she then got pierced by a few shards but shrugged it off and kept moving forward. She then looked back at Kanao who was having more trouble with fending off the shards due to her enhanced eyesight hindering her ability to see which shards are fake and which are not. "Shit..." Kanao thought as she was trying to block the incoming shards, "My eyesight won't allow me to tell which one is fake!" She thought. She then had an idea, "If I can't deflect the real ones, then why not deflect all of them?" She thought, she then took a stance, "Flower Breathing: Second Form: Honorable Shadow Plum!" She said as she swung her sword several times and deflect all incoming shards no matter if it was real or fake. "Good job Kanao!" Nezuko thought as she looked back and kept charing the demon while deflecting the glass shards.

She then reached at least 2 meters (about 6 yards) from the demon ready to cut off his head, but the demon had a trick up its sleeve as it called out another move, "Blood Demon Art: Mirror of Reality!" He said as a mirror appeared in front of Nezuko which Nezuko passed through, she then ended up next to Kanao who looked a bit battered from defending against several glass shards, "Dam it!" Nezuko said as she looked at Kanao, who already assumed a stance. "So he has a Blood Demon Art that has to do with glass and mirrors..." Nezuko thought as she looked around the battlefield trying to look for an opening or any way she could at least get close to the demon, as she looks the demon called upon another attack, "Blood Demon Art: Mirror Wall!" The demon said as mirrors started appearing around the girls, the mirrors then started shooting out glass shards (again...), the girls tried their best to destroy the mirrors and to not get pierced by the glass coming at them at high speeds, but if they destroy one mirror, another would just pop up instantly, "Shit, shit, shit!" Neuzko thought as she deflects the shards while also trying to break the mirrors, Nezuko then looked at the demon who was holding his hand out, Nezuko thought that the demon was focusing on attacking them only, "So that's his weak point, he can't use two attacks at the same time! He can only be focused on one person and one attack!" Nezuko thought, "Nezuko!" Kanao said, Nezuko looked at Kanao, "Try to break all of the mirrors at the same time!" Kanao shouted, Nezuko nodded and recited a breathing form along with Kanao, "Water Breathing: Sixth Form: Whirpool! Flower Breathing: Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!" Nezuko and Kanao said as Nezuko defended herself and Kanao from the incoming glass shards and allowed Kanao to focus on destroying all mirrors with nine consecutive aggressive, but graceful strikes.

As the dust cleared, the two women looked at the demon who was now broken out of concentration, "So you managed to defend against my attack, I'm impressed..." He said with a smirk, the two women then focused attention on him, "Kanao, he can't attack the both of us if we split up." Nezuko whispered to Kanao, Kanao nodded, "So what's your plan?" She asked, "Don't group together, stay separate so he doesn't get us in a group." Nezuko said as she charged forward, Kanao did the same but instead charged in a different direction, "Oh what's this? Your splitting up?" The demon said, "Shit, they found out my weakness, I have to get serious now!" The demon thought as he took a stance.

"Blood Demon Art: Glass Molding!" The demon said as he produced a molten substance from his hand, which to the human eye looked like molten glass, he then launched the substance at Nezuko who barely dodged it and saw it hit a nearby tree, the substance then spread around the tree and turned it into glass which spontaneously combusted, "If I get hit by that, I'll surely be dead!" Nezuko thought as she looked back at the demon, and took a breath, "Water Breathing: Tenth Form: Constant Flux!" She said as she swung her sword in different directions while building up speed and strength, the demon manifested several blobs of molten glass and threw them at Nezuko, but Nezuko managed to either dodge or slice the blobs in half, which to her surprise and joy looked like it cooled down after getting sliced, she then smirked and kept charging towards the demon.

The demon then tried to counter Nezuko's breathing style with his Blood Demon Art, "Blood Demon Art: Glass Reinforcement Sheild!" The demon said as a wall of glass appeared in front of him which caught Nezuko's attack as she reached the demon. Nezuko tried her best to cut through the wall, but to no avail, as she only managed to cut it about a centimeter in, the demon then smirked and prepared to attack Nezuko from behind as he rushed behind her and was about to grab her, but something did not allow him to do so, as he witnessed his arms getting cut off right in front of him, "Flower Breathing: Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagomoro!" Kanao said as she sliced the demon's arms off and landed gracefully next to the demon and Nezuko, the demon was stunned by her speed, and Nezuko took the distraction to her advantage as she attacked with her own breathing form, "Water Breathing: Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust!" She said as she turned around and stabbed the demon in the chest and drew a sword upwards cutting the demon in half from the chest up, the demon fell back and started to slowly regenerate his body, "Tch! I'm going to die at this rate!" The demon thought.

The two slayers then charged at him from different directions, the demon was forced to dodge and evade all incoming attacks since he was focused on regenerating his body, "He's scared..." Nezuko thought as she and Kanao kept trying to hit the demon with their swords, "What's wrong, scared?" Nezuko said with a smirk, this just made the demon more pissed.

After a few seconds of evading attacks and dodging sword slashes, the demon finally regenerated his entire body, he then smirked as Nezuko and Kanao were still trying to hit him (They weren't spread out), "Blood Demon Art: Glass Singing Catastrophe!" He said as glass bowls started to surround him, the slayers then backed away a little bit as the glass bowls started to produce high-pitched sounds that caused the slayers to fall on the ground and hold their ears in pain. "Shit!" Nezuko thought as she looked at Kanao and the sword that she dropped on the ground, she then slowly uncovered her ears and tried to reach for her sword, but as she almost reached sword, the demon kicked it away from her and stood in front of her, "Don't like the sounds do you, little girl?" The demon sadistically said as Nezuko looked up at him with pure anger, the demon then reached down and put his hand under Nezuko's chin, "Hmm, appetizing..." The demon said as he smiled and licked his lips, "The f*ck?! This is the second time a demon did this to me, ugh!" Neuzko said as she removed her head from his grasp and looked at him with disgust now, "Get... away... from her... you b*tch!" Kanao said with hesitation as she kept holding her ears in pain. The demon then frowned, "Now, now, be happy, usually I would rip my victim's limb from limb, I will be a bit merciful to you two today..." The demon said with a sadistic tone, this only angered the two girls even more, "... By killing you two right here right now!" He said as he grabbed Kanao's collar, but as soon as he did that, his hand was shot off and he was launched back into a couple of trees.

"Gah!" He said as he looked up to see two more male slayers with makeshift earplugs made from their clothes in their ears, "Shit! Two more!" The demon thought as he stood up again but was only put down by a yellow flash, he then looked up to see a slayer with a yellow hoodie and a fox mask (They were all given masks) looking at him with disgust and anger, "Those who hurt my Nezuko-chan will not be forgiven by me..." He said in a low and threatening voice, this terrified the demon who began to shiver due to fear, he was then decapitated in a quick and aggressive fashion by the slayer, and he then began to disintegrate, "Nooooooo!" The demon said as he finally rotted away.

"Are you guys ok?!" Genya said as he checked the two women who were on the ground, "We're fine but our ears keep on ringing..." Nezuko said as she hits her ear to tune them back in, Inosuke then ran up to Zenitsu was who sleeping on the ground, "Oi! Get up, we still have a job to do!" Inosuke said as he removed Zenitsu's mask and poured cold stream water on his face. Zenitsu immediately woke up, "Ah! What the f*ck!" Zenitsu said, "Wake up! We still have to escort the convo-" Inosuke said as he was interrupted by a sound, "Caw! Caw! Eimko Hoga requires assistance near the North of Tokyo!" A crow said as he flies by the group of slayers, "Scratch that we have to help Seniko!" Inosuke said as Zenitsu stood up and shook the water off his face, "Yeah..." Zenitsu said, "Hey you guys! Come on let's go!" Inosuke said as he started running, "Wait up Inosuke! We still have to deal with Nezuko and Kanao!" Genya said, "No we're fine now." Kanao said as she stood up along with Nezuko, "If you say so," Genya says as he stands up and runs in the direction where Inosuke ran, Kanao looked at Nezuko and Zenitsu and they both nodded to her and the three slayers began running into the forest to go aid their friend.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And now it's time for an entry of "The Slayer's Creed" brought to you by Nezuko!

Nezuko: During a mission, a slayer should be prepared for anything! That's why Ubuyashiki-sama requests us to carry bandages and splints with us in case a friendly slayer gets injured or we do. We are also allowed personal belongings with us such as our phones or a snack, but don't ask us where we keep these because that's a slayer's secret.

Nezuko winks

Nezuko: Anyways, join us next time when we get to witness Emiko's battle with the two demons in "The Long Night Part 4" Bye now!