Chapter 59: Mysterious Mansion Part 1

Date: December 23, 2024
Time: 1:30 PM
Location: Hana Rd.
Weather: Snowy and Windy

.
.
.

"Jesus Christ, is it windy here!" Tanjiro complained while covering his face with his hand in order to block the incoming snow that was being blown toward him, "The weather here may be a bit extreme, but not as extreme as the f*cking Afar Triangle, the boys were practically melting, and even I was beginning to feel something." Tanjiro said to himself while walking down the road.

He wore the same crimson red hoodie to school, as well as a black scarf, and black gloves. "I know I don't really need these clothes, but for the sake of being a normal person, I have to wear them." Tanjiro said to himself while looking at his winter gear, "I'm already getting looks from other people for my hoodie while they are wearing full-on winter jackets...probably thinking may as well wear shorts while I'm at it." Tanjiro sarcastically said to himself.

Just as he was walking down the road, he heard the distant sound of a bird gradually approaching him. "Hm? Guess it's time for another mission." Tanjiro stated while turning around to see the crow fly down to his arm.

"What do you need this time?" Tanjiro asked the crow, the crow pecked Tanjiro's head once in offense. 

Tanjiro looked at the crow with a face of disdain and sighed, "Just carry on what you were going to say." He said as he watched the crow nod and started to speak, "Caw Caw! Tanjiro Tsugikuni, you are assigned to investigate the disappearances of innocent people in a specific area of the outskirts of Kimetsu!" The crow said, "The area is believed to be invested by demons, which is why you will be assigned with another squad of slayers!" He added, "Cool..." Tanjiro replied. "In the middle of the area, there will be an old, abandoned mansion, it is believed that a very strong demon is believed to roam the area, you and your fellow slayers are tasked to defeat it and bring back any civilians or innocents found there." The crow finished.

"Alright, seems easy enough!" Tanjiro stated with a grin on his face, "What time do I have to go?" He asked the crow, "Caw Caw! You should be prepared by noon, the general directions for the location will be provided to you soon! I will soon lead you toward your destination after you approach the general area of your destination!" The crow stated.

"Hmm...ok...that sounds nice!" Tanjiro said with a snap, "What else can I bring?" He asked the crow, "You are to only bring your designated Ninchrin Sword as well as first-aid supplies in case of any injuries during the mission!" The crow responded, "Awww...not even a snack?" Tanjiro stated with a fake depressed tone. 

"No!" The crow immediately replied, "Please." Tanjiro asked, "No!" The crow replied again as he got a bit more annoyed at Tanjiro, "Come on!" Tanjiro continued to ask. "No!" The crow said again, "Maybe just a sandwich?" Tanjiro begged. "No! You shall not bring any other items other than the items intended for a slayer to carry, and that's final! Now shut your trap and follow orders!" The crow angrily replied back.

"The hell you say to me?" Tanjiro stated with a bit of an annoyed tone, "I said be quiet, and follow the orders of your superiors!" The crow replied, "Since when are you my superior? You're just a crow!" Tanjiro said, "Oh, I can show you that I am more than just a crow!" The bird replied while accepting the challenge that Tanjiro unknowingly set for him.

He started to furiously peck at the boy's head and Tanjiro tried to shoo him away, "You really think your pecking is going to do anything? I have a hard head!" Tanjiro argued as he continued to casually stroll down the road while fighting with the crow, "This will maybe teach you not to mess with your elders!" The crow replied as he began pecking Tanjiro in all sorts of areas around his body, "Stop! I swear to god! I'm about to turn you into Kung Pao Chicken!" Tanjiro continued to bicker with the crow.

.
.
.

"Holy f*cking hell...can't I go one day without getting assaulted by something?" Tanjiro spoke to himself inside his house while removing his winter gear and wiping his shoes on the floor. His hoodie was a bit messed up due to the crow continuously pecking at it. "That was my favorite hoodie too..." He said with a sigh.

He soon got a call from his phone which he had in his pocket. He took out his phone and saw the caller, "Minato..." He thought, "What could this Naruto-looking a*s want now?" He thought with a groan before answering the phone, "What? I've just been assaulted by a bird...what do you need?" Tanjiro asked.

"Have you pressed charges?" Minato jokingly replied, "No...I wasn't able to get his name, ID, or number..." Tanjiro answered, "Dam...better call Saul." Minato said, "Real."  Tanjiro simply responded back before changing the topic, "Alright, what do you actually need?" Tanjiro said.

"Well...everybody's occupied at base right now, I tried to call Edmund and Andrew for something to do because I'm bored..." Minato stated, "What about Kurina?" Tanjiro asked, "Well..she's sleeping right now and I don't want to wake her up, she seemed pretty angry yesterday night so I don't want to spoil her mood." Minato said, "What did you do this time?" Tanjiro questioned, "Nothing! I swear!" Minato replied.

"Shut the f*ck up, stop lying." Tanjiro responded, "I'm not! I swear to god! We were good boys yesterday!" Minato stated. 

"Hmm...I'll ask her after she wakes up...I swear to god if you did something to make her act like this...I'll f*cking donut you harder than f*cking Minato in Naruto." Tanjiro threatened, "No! Please! I don't wanna be a donut!" Minato begged.

"Well then tell me what did you do?" Tanjiro questioned, "We did nothing! I just wanna do something with you! I'm so goddam bored, that I'll literally put my d*ck in a f*cking blender just to feel something!" Minato replied, "Weird exaggeration, but fine...what do you want to do?" Tanjiro asked.

"Hmmm...we hadn't had a game night in a while...should we do one?" Minato asked, "I mean...yeah...I guess...tomorrow is the field trip, so that means we get the day off tomorrow, which means homework is due on Wednesday..." Tanjiro said while stroking his chin, "Hell yes! What do you want to play?" Minato excitedly asked.

"How about some COD?" Tanjiro replied, "F*ck yeah! We doing PVP right?" Minato questioned, "Yeah, let's do some zombies while we are at it." Tanjiro said.

"Yes, finally! Something to cure my boredom!" Minato stated while celebrating, "Pffft...alright, just give me a few minutes to change, and I'll get on." Tanjiro said with a loud exhale as a response to Minato's sudden burst of happiness.

He soon disconnected the call and shook his head with a smile on his face, "Classic Minato," he thought to himself before running upstairs.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kanao was lying down on her bed with her school uniform still on as she just returned home from school. 

She was on her phone, scrolling through her TikTok to waste some time as her sisters prepared lunch.

She chuckled at some while scrolling through some of the videos until a notification appeared at the top of the screen.

"Hm?" She wondered to herself as she clicked on the notification

Ubuyashiki-sama/Master

Ubuyashiki-sama: Hello, my child, I have a mission for you.

Kanao: What is it, Master?

Ubuyashiki-sama: You and your group will be tasked with entering a certain area of forest not too far from where you live.

Kanao: Is that all? What else?

Ubuyashiki-sama: The area is expected to have demons as recently, a lot of civilians have been going missing as stated in the news recently.

Kanao: Oh yeah, I heard as well.

Ubuyashiki-sama: We have suspected it has something to do with demons as investigations carried out at the site showed pools of blood, claw marks, and large cracks in the ground that could have been caused by a massive force driving an object into the ground at very high speeds.

Kanao: So you want me to go investigate with my squad?

Ubuyashiki-sama: Yes, you will also be accompanied by another squad.

Kanao: Really? Which one?

Ubuyashiki-sama: Well...it's not really a squad my child, but rather a single person.

Kanao: Is it Tanjiro?

Ubuyashiki-sama: Very good guess, you were spot on.

Kanao: Thank you, Master.

In reality, Kanao pressed her phone against her chest in pure excitement, "I get to go on a mission with Tanjiro!" She thought with a wild blush.

She was so excited that she was about to scream.

She quickly got a pillow from the headrest and screamed the loudest she could into the pillow as she released all of her excitement and happiness.

After she stopped screaming, she quickly got up and corrected yourself, "Wait! You must remember Kanao! This is still a serious mission! Even if it is with your friends as well as your crush! I need to be serious, you're a strong woman!" She thought before shaking her head furiously and returning back to her conversation with Ubuyashiki, and was greeted with a few other texts from him before being able to reply.

Ubuyashiki-sama: There will be a mansion in the middle of it all, it is said to house a very powerful demon, possibly a lower moon.

Ubuyashiki-sama: This is why I want you and your squad to exercise caution when strolling through the area.

Ubuyashiki-sama: I don't want to lose more children than before, especially you few.

Ubuyashiki-sama: I have already told your squad about the mission, so expect everyone to be informed by the time you get there.

Kanao: Aah yes, what time will I have to arrive?

Ubuyashiki-sama: Before sundown as always.

Kanao: Ok, I promise not to fail you Ubuyashiki-sama!

Ubuyashiki-sama: That's the spirit, good luck my child.

Kanao: Mhm!

*Kanao has logged off*

.

"Hey...how come she gets a text from Ubuyashiki himself, and I get harassed by a narcissistic crow?" Tanjiro said while abruptly entering through the screen.

(Cause she's a higher rank)

"Bruh...this is bias!" Tanjiro replied.

(It will be in the extra segment of why, for now, just go back to playing COD.)

"Fine." Tanjiro said as he jumped off the screen.

.

As we returned to Kanao, she was still completely still in her bed with a goofy smile on her face and pink cheeks.

She was hugging the pillow as tightly as she could as an absolute hailstorm of thoughts was ongoing in her head.

"I can't believe it! Tanjiro is going to be there!"

"I'm so happy!"

"But what about the others?"

"What if he gets hurt?! He only started a week ago!"

"What breathing style does he know?"

"A lower moon will most likely be there! But Tanjiro is still a beginner!"

"You need to keep him safe, Kanao!"

"Oh yeah, as well as the others, but mostly Tanjiro!" 

She thought all at once.

"Yo! Kanao! You look a bit lost there, and possibly a bit more goofy than normal." Aoi said as she snapped her fingers in order to get Kanao out of her trance.

"H-huh?!" She yelped in surprise, "I swear to god, girl...what am I going to do with you?" Aoi spoke to herself while shaking her head, "Wh-what do you need, Aoi?" Kanao asked while still a bit shocked. "You saw what Ubuyashiki said, right?" Aoi asked while showing Kanao her phone with Ubuyashiki's texts pulled up him saying the exact same thing that he said to Kanao.

"Yeah..." Kanao stated while looking at the texts.

"Good, it's 2 right now, and sundown is around 4 to 5. You only have about an hour and 30 minutes to get ready." Aoi sternly said.

"So?" Kanao asked with a genuinely curious tone, "Let's see...you haven't eaten lunch yet, you've yet to begin on your homework, you haven't even gotten your slayer uniform out, and you're just sitting here scrolling on TikTok while looking like you just went through a tomato field." Aoi sarcastically said while counting on her fingers.

Kanao groaned and got up, "Come on, the others are waiting for you!" Aoi said while clapping her hands to signal Kanao to move.

"Ok ok, I'm moving!" Kanao exclaimed while quickly changing from a slouched, lazy, and tired walk to a much more alert and quicker speed walk.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Ey, watch out Minato for that lava pit,"
Tanjiro said while maneuvering his character around the lava pit.

"I'm fine man, don't have to baby me every step." Minato replied, "Well with your maturity..." Tanjiro whispered to himself.

"Anyway, I have Netherite armor, by the time I even notice I'm in lava, it'll be like I'm not even in the lava in the first place," Minato said.

"You gotta like the armor decorating they added last year, makes us look more dripped out." Minato added, "It's called Armor Smithing, but yeah, still pretty cool, I like my Redstone streaks." Tanjiro replied, "Yeah, gold's my favorite." Minato stated.

"Hey, look, there's Lorri." Tanjiro said while looking off into the distance to see Lorenzo slowly running toward them.

"What happened to his Elytra?" Minato asked, "He forgot it back at the base because it was almost broken, had to go to the villager camp in order to get a Mending book." Tanjiro said, "You mean 'Slauschwitz'?" Minato joked, "Yeah! 'Slauschwitz'!" Tanjiro replied while laughing.

"Hey, I thought you guys were playing COD?" Lorenzo said as he got to the two, "Yeah...but then we realized it was COD MW III, and we quit after like 30 minutes." Minato stated, "What about the new COD game, COD BO6?" Lorenzo asked, "You mean Gulf War? Naa, I didn't bother to buy it, I kinda lost faith in COD after MW III launched." Tanjiro replied, "I played it before, it's actually pretty good." Lorenzo stated, "That's what you think, but naah, I'm fine sitting here and playing Minecraft. The better game overall." Tanjiro said with a smirk.

"Oh, look, here comes the other three," Lorenzo said as he looked to the sky and saw fireworks going off as well as three people in elytra's flying down to them. 

"Hey guys!" Johan said while jumping over to the group, "Hey, Johan, surprised to see you on." Minato said, "I mean, I already finished my tasks around the floor, I was just bored and I saw you guys playing Minecraft on Discord and decided to join." Johan replied.

"So, I heard you guys were talking about COD?" Edmund stated, "Yeah, did you play the new game?" Lorenzo asked, "Yeah, I only tried the campaign though. It's eh...to be honest." Edmund replied.

"Andrew, you here?" Edmund asked, "Yeah, just getting some wood for my sector of the base." Andrew replied while chopping down an oak tree.

"Hey, why don't you guys tell me your favorite COD games on 3," Johan stated while everybody soon turned to wait for him to start the countdown.

"3..."

"2..." 

"1..."

"Go!"

.

"Black Ops 1."

"Black Ops 2."

"Modern Warfare II."

"MW, original."

"World at War."

"MW, revamped."

"Ghosts."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"..."

"You gotta be f*cking with me Minato," Tanjiro said as he pulled out his sword.

The others turned around to look at Minato with pure disgust and hatred as they took out their swords as well.

"Wait...wait...I was just kidding..." Minato stated while backing up a bit as the others approached him slowly.

"GET THAT MOTHER F*CKER!" Lorenzo screamed as the manhunt for Minato's head began.

"I WAS JOKING! I'M SORRY!" Minato shouted as began running in the opposite direction.

"AND SO THE MANHUNT FOR THE HERETIC BEGINS!" Tanjiro shouted as he watched Minato put on an elytra and fly away.

"Follow him." He ordered as everybody quickly switched to their elytras, "Wait...I don't have mine." Lorenzo said.

"Here, take this extra pair that I have," Edmund said as he tossed another elytra to Lorenzo and a few stacks of fireworks.

"Thanks, I'll return it later, but for now, we must capture the f*cking infidel," Lorenzo stated as he equipped the elytra and flew away in pursuit of the Minato along with the others. Edmund also slowly took off afterward.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The entire chase continued for an hour, and they managed to chase Minato in a large cave system.

"BRO, I SWEAR, THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR AN HOUR, HOW DETERMINED ARE YOU TO F*CKING KILL ME, IT WAS A JOKE!" Minato stated while running around the place and placing blocks under him.

"You could've picked a better COD game to make a joke about than Ghosts, anything but that shitty a*s game," Lorenzo stated while trying to hit Minato.

The five were quickly closing in on Minato and there was a ledge that he could possibly fall off of if he wasn't careful.

"Uhh...shit..." He thought to himself as he opened his inventory and quickly placed a water bucket in his hot bar.

He ran to the ledge and looked behind him to see the five were only a few blocks away from being in the range of their swords. "MLG!" He yelled before taking out the water bucket and jumping off the 40-block drop.

He dropped and landed safely...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Or at least he thought he did before being met with the death screen and a message saying "MinatoN hit the ground too hard."

"WHAT THE F*CK?! AHAHAHHAHHA" Minato yelled before bursting out in laughter, the others also were laughing hysterically at the sudden and untimely death of their friend as all of his items laid there on the ground where he once was.

Tanjiro dropped in with his elytra and picked up his items while still laughing, "AHAHHAH, HOLY SHIT, I COMPLETELY FORGOT." Minato stated with a bit of trouble from laughing too hard, "YOU IDIOT, YOU FOROGT WE CHANGE THE TEXTURE FOR SPRUCE PLANKS TO WATER." Johan replied while also laughing.

Andrew was trying his best not to laugh out loud, so he put his head on the desk and crushed his teeth together while trying his best to hold in his laugh. 

"AHAHAHAH, THAT WAS AMAZING, GET THAT CLIPPED, DOES SOMEONE HAVE THAT CLIPPED?!" Edmund exclaimed, "I DO, I GOT IT, I GOT THE DAM CLIP, THAT WAS F*CKING PRICELESS." Tanjiro stated as he pulled up Medal.tv and pulled up the clip of Minato mistakenly falling to his death.

"SEND IN GENERAL, NOW!" Johan demanded, "AHAHHA, YEAH-Oh crap, I gotta go." Tanjiro stated as he looked at the time and realized he was supposed to be out of the house 10 minutes ago.

"Wait, send it before you go." Lorenzo stated, "I can't right now, bro. I'll send it later." Tanjiro said as he quickly closed off the call and turned off his PC.

"Bruh..." Minato said, "I want to see what happened so badly, Edmund, you think you can break into Tanjiro's house and send us the vid?" Johan asked, "Naa, his house is highly secure, he'll probably be very pissed afterward, and I don't have the password to his PC." Edmund replied with a sigh.

"Dammit," Lorenzo said.

.
.
.
.

"Swords...and bread..." Tanjiro said with his slayer uniform on while walking outside his house and jumping on the roof.

He had taken both of his and his father's katana with him, he tied the two swords together with a piece of crimson red fabric so that he didn't have to put one sword on one side, the swords were dangling off from the right side of his waist. 

Tanjiro's personal sword was much shorter than his father's sword, the reason was that he filed his sword down to the length of a Wakizashi sword as well as changed the saya of the sword which came personally from HQ. 

His saya had a design with red streaks and splotches running down the saya in order to mimic the effect of blood running down the saya. The were a few words in Kanji written near the top of the saya which read: "Kill All; No Mercy." 

As he checked his two swords, he quickly remembered something that was also important.

"Oh yeah, the earpiece..." Tanjiro thought to himself before taking it out of his pocket and putting it in his ear, "I managed to alter the earpiece so that I'll be receiving commands from both Aoi and Minato..." Tanjiro said as he pressed a button on his earpiece.

"Hello? Testing?"
Tanjiro stated into the earpiece, "Oh, Tanjiro! I thought you were on a mission." Minato said with a surprised tone.

"I am technically, but I just wanted to test something out, glad to know it's working now." Tanjiro replied, "Great. Now, when are you going to se-" Minato asked before getting disconnected.

"Later, I need to go back for something," Tanjiro said before going back into his house.

He walked over to a drawer in his kitchen and pulled out a crucifix. "This is a tool we are going to be using later," Tanjiro stated while whispering to the camera with a malicious smirk. "I was originally going to get something else along with this...but..." Tanjiro said as his voice trailed off for a bit.

"Due to recent current events, we aren't allowed to do this bit!" Tanjiro stated with a big smile before disappearing from view.

We move back to the roof where he reappears with his piece of bread still in hand as he takes a munch out of it.

He looked directly at the sunset and then at his watch and realized it was time to get a move on. He soon shoved the entire piece of bread into his mouth, put on his kitsune mask, and began running to his destination.

"I'm glad that Ubuyashiki sent me the coordinates of the place I'm going to a few minutes ago, glad to know that he doesn't rely on birds to deliver messages." Tanjiro thought while jumping through some bushes and running through other pieces of vegetation while trying to make it to his destination.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hah! Made it!" Tanjiro said to himself as he came to a grinding halt in a small area of a much larger forest.

"Glad that bird guided me here," he added.

"And just in time!" Tanjiro said while looking at the sun that literally just finished setting. 

"They should be here now..." Tanjiro thought while looking around the area for the other squad that he was assigned with.

"Wait...I got an idea..." Tanjiro thought while going behind a bush and crouching beneath it, "Hehe, it'll be pretty funny to spook them a bit." Tanjiro thought with a chuckle and waited for the squad to come.

Five minutes pass by and still no sign of the other slayers, "Hmm? Guess they are just running late..." Tanjiro thought, "No worries, I'm a pretty patient man, like a lion waiting for his prey." He said to himself while beginning the long wait that he had coming for him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I SWEAR TO GOD, WHERE ARE THESE F*CKERS?" Tanjiro thought to himself while peering his head out of the bush to see where in the world the other slayers were.

"Oh my lord...I'm about to commit egregious acts in a few minutes if they don't come..."  Tanjiro whispered to himself while checking his watch, "It's only been 30 minutes?!" He thought, "Felt like 3 hours!" He stated to himself while slouching back into his hiding spot.

A few more minutes pass by of pure forest ambiance before something starts to change, "Hold on, I think I can smell them." He thought to himself as his nose started twitching. 

.

The others later came in with winter jackets as the temperature had dropped from a mid-20 F (-6.67 C) to a freezing 1 F (-17.2) during noon. They also wore much thicker clothing underneath, with most of them wearing layered track pants along with thermals underneath their clothing. 

Except for Inosuke, he was still wearing his hoodie and basic track pants.

"I swear to god, Inosuke! Did you seriously have to stop for a snack?!" Zenitsu exclaimed to Inosuke who was snacking on a tempura along with a large bump on his forehead, possibly from Genya.

"I was hungry!" Inosuke replied, "Could you have saved it?!" Genya stated while giving Inosuke a light slap on the back of the head. "Ow! What was that for?!" Inosuke asked, "For being a dumba*s." Genya simply replied.

Kanao and Nezuko were with the three but decided to remain quiet and let the boys tire themselves out before they started, "Where's the other squad?" Nezuko asked, "Oh yeah! Tanjiro is going to be the 'squad' that we were paired with." Kanao replied which greatly surprised Nezuko.

"Really?! He's with us today?!" Nezuko exclaimed with excitement and watched Kanao nod in reply with the same degree of excitement as her.

"Yeesh...looks like some people are excited to see me..." Tanjiro thought from behind the bushes, "Where is he?" Nezuko asked Kanao to which Kanao shrugged, "I-I don't know...maybe he's going to arrive in a little bit." Kanao replied.

Tanjiro managed to completely hide his presence from the group which was probably the only reason why Zenitsu came so close to Tanjiro's bush without even noticing he was there.

"Shu-

"Rah!" 

"AAAAAAAAAA!" Zenitsu screamed at the top of his lungs while springing back into Genya's arms in absolute fear and shock. 

"What the?!" Genya yelped in surprise at Tanjiro's sudden appearance and the shock he received from Zenitsu suddenly jumping into his arms. "Get out of my arms," Genya said to Zenitsu who promptly dropped to the ground.

"Tanjiro?! How long have you been there?" Nezuko asked with a bit of a shocked expression, "Longer than you can imagine!" Tanjiro said a bit sarcastically, "Wait, what time did you come here? Also, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING A HOODIE TOO?!" Zenitsu asked as his tone soon turned from curious to flabbergasted.

"To answer your first question, I was here 30 minutes ago and sat in that bush the entire time as I waited for you because I wanted to scare you a bit. And the other answer is...it ain't that cold..." Tanjiro answered with an awkward chuckle.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! IT'S LIKE -17 OUT HERE, HOW ARE YOU NOT COLD?!" Zenitsu exclaimed, Tanjiro flinched back a bit due to the volume of his voice, "I mean...Inosuke's wearing a hoodie..." Tanjiro responded. "THAT'S BECAUSE HE LITERALLY GREW UP HERE, HE IS BUILT LIKE THIS!" Zenitsu shouted back.

"I mean...I guess I have adapted to the cold much more than you guys, that could be it..." Tanjiro stated as he scratched the back of his head. "BUT-" Zenitsu tried to respond but got stopped by Genya, "Stop Zenitsu, if he's like this, then he's like this, we have more important matters to discuss," Genya stated while putting his hand on Zenitsu's shoulder.

"I-alright...fine..." Zenitsu replied with a calm tone, "Yo, Nezuko! Kanao!" Tanjiro said as he turned to the two girls who were watching the chaos. "Tanjiro! I'm so glad you're here!" Nezuko said with a gleeful tone as she ran up to her friend and hugged him.

Tanjiro was initially caught by surprise at the initial force of Neuzok's hug, but soon recuperated and began to pat her head, "Thanks, Nezuko." Tanjiro stated with a smile underneath his mask.

Zenitsu was teeming with jealousy, "That bastard! How does he do it!" He thought while gritting his teeth. Genya and Inosuke were fighting in the background over food since Genya stole one of Inosuke's tempuras earlier. And Kanao...

Was being herself of course...

"He looks so cool!" She thought while trying to cover her blush even more as if her mask wasn't already doing that. "Yo! Kanao! How are you?" Tanjiro asked while running up to her.

He took off his mask and showed her his heavenly smile, which only furthered Kanao's blush. 

And as if he couldn't get any more handsome for Kanao, Tanjiro slightly crouched down so that he was at eye level for her and inched his face closer while still smiling with true intent.

"AAAAA! HE JUST GOT MORE HOTTER! I CAN'T STAND HIM!" Kanao thought while suddenly facing away from Tanjiro in an instant to cover her embarrassment.

"Tanjiro, I swear to god, I will kill you one day." Zenitsu thought with a jealousy meter that had just reached his peak. 

"For some reason, I like teasing her like this, she's pretty funny when she's shy." Tanjiro thought with a huff, "Of course, I always find a way to get a laugh from someone, but it's mostly just dark and out-of-pocket jokes. But, it's a bit different this time..." He thought before turning around and leaving Kanao to literally melt in her shyness and embarrassment.

"Kanao...are you ok...?" Nezuko asked with a concerned expression while walking up to Kanao, "I-I'm fine...hehe..." Kanao replied with a goofy laugh while lying on the ground.

"Ok...well can you get up, please? We have a mission to do." Nezuko politely asked, "Gi-give me a few minutes to recollect what just happened..." Kanao responded. "Ok!" Nezuko replied with a gleeful face before walking over to the group.

"You guys ready for the field trip tomorrow?" Genya asked, "Yeah!" Inosuke replied. 

The boys were chatting amongst themselves before Nezuko arrived. 

But the moment she arrived, she immediately stopped the conversation and switched the topic to the mission they had at the moment. "Alright boys! Chatting time is over! Now it's time to focus on our mission!" Nezuko said.

The boys turned around to meet her to see what she had to say, "What about her?" Genya asked while pointing to Kanao. "Oh! She'll be joining us shortly!" Nezuko responded, "How much did I break her, I haven't even touched her!" Tanjiro thought with a concerned look aimed at Kanao.

"So, apparently what Aoi told me is that the recent activity of demons around this area can be approximated in a circular shape, our total operating distance is about 8.046 km (5  mi)  from this point, meaning we have a large area to cover," Nezuko said as she quickly changed from her usual bright and optimistic tone and to a more serious and direct tone. "Hold on Nezuko, I think you got something a bit confused here," Tanjiro stated. 

"Hm?" Nezuko looked back at Tanjiro with a genuine face of curiosity. "So are you saying that the place we are standing in right now is the center of the circle?" Tanjiro, "Yeah...oh!" Nezuko said with a bit of confusion before understanding what Tanjiro was trying to say. "Yeah! So remember when we got our mission from Master, he said that there is a mansion in the middle of the area." Tanjiro stated before he went to a tree and snapped a stick from it.

He walked back up to the group and started drawing on the ground. He first drew a circle, "So that's the approximated perimeter of the activity..." Tanjiro stated as he added a dot in the middle of the circle, "And that's the mansion...so where are we?" Tanjiro asked, "We're somewhere on the circumference of the circle, probably here since we came here from the south..." Neuzko replied as she took the stick from Tanjiro and drew a dot on the left side of the circle.

"So our operating range is 8.04 (5 mi) from here to the center, so that means we have to head even further south in order to get to the mansion," Tanjiro stated, "Mhm!" Nezuko answered. "Great, so how are we going to cover this area before we move into the mansion?" Tanjiro questioned while hovering the stick around the circle.

"Easy! We'll just divide into 3 teams, each team gets a sector of the circle, and after we're done with our sectors, we can meet up at the mansion." Nezuko replied while splitting the circle into three equal parts.

"Ok...who's with who?" Tanjiro asked, "Hmm..." Nezuko wondered.

"Please pick me Nezuko-chan! I want to be with you!" Zenitsu thought with a hyper look on his face, Genya was next to him and slowly started to slide out of view and away from Zenitsu, Inosuke was chasing fireflies around, and Kanao finally recuperated and joined the two in their planning.

"I'll take Kanao, you'll take Zenitsu, and Genya and Inosuke can go with each other!" Nezuko cheerfully said.

"What?!" Genya exclaimed, "Why do I have to go with him?!" Genya asked with an angry exhale, "Relax, Genya..." Tanjiro stated, "Why do you mean?!" Genya questioned again. "Maybe you can take this time to actually bond with Inosuke because lately...you two are not on each other's good side," Nezuko said.

"Yeah! You can take the time to bond, after all...we don't want you two fighting tomorrow on our trip to Tokyo!" Tanjiro said with a positive tone.

"I-fine..." Genya stammered a bit before sighing in defeat. 

"Alright! Let's go!" Nezuko said before walking into the forest.

"Wait, Nezuko." Kanao said which immediately caught Nezuko off guard, "Who's sector is who?" She asked.

"Uhh...you guys can pick I guess!" She replied while scratching her head, "Well...I guess I'll take the one that is the lowermost from us." Tanjiro said as he placed the stick on the lower part of the circle.

"We'll take the one across from us," Kanao stated while pointing to the part that was across the part they were in right now.

"I guess that'll leave me and Inosuke wandering not far from where we are standing..." Genya spoke.

"Alright! Looks like we have our assignments, see you guys at the mansion!" Nezuko exclaimed.

Kanao followed her and the group began to split off to report to their assigned locations, "Stay safe!" Nezuko added before putting on her mask and completely splitting off with Kanao into the forest.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ok...Slayer's Creed, been a while since we have done this.

Tanjiro: Dam! Took the words right outta my mouth!

Shut up.

Tanjiro: Why did this chapter take so dam long?!

I'm lazy...plus...I have a life...

Tanjiro: This is only part 1?!

I know this is a mega-chapter...but...now it needs to be divided into two parts...the readers need content.

Tanjiro: Ain't anybody reading your trash.

Bud...I created you...

Tanjiro: Really wish you didn't...

Bruh...just get the chapter done.

Tanjiro: Fine.

Tanjiro: Yeah...so apparently I just now learned that in order to get more used to the crow, low ranks are expected to get much more missions assigned to them from the crow as compared to a simple text.

Tanjiro: Overall...pretty good...but maybe it wouldn't hurt to not have them look over you every time you're on a mission. It's a bit creepy...

Tanjiro: But it's kind of weird how these guys can communicate in perfect Japanese...who is teaching these crows how to talk in human dialect?

Tanjiro: I must find that out!

Tanjiro: But while I do that, why don't you go ahead and read the next chapter, "Mysterious Mansion Part 2"? 

Tanjiro: Hopefully it comes out this time!

Hey...

Tanjiro: Bye!