Chapter 28: Uppermoons and a Chat

Date: October 19, 2024
Time: 6:23 PM
Location: ???
Weather: Lightly Sprinkling (Clearing up)

.
.
.

As Muzan began to walk through the corridors of his abode which was named the "Infinity Castle" which was controlled by one singular entity known as "Nakime", he began to think to himself as he started to strut back and forth in one of the corridors.

"Did that monster have a child? No, Kokushibo said he was gone for good." Muzan thought to himself, "And that aura... It's completely similar to the aura that monster unleashed during our battle." He thought as he curled his fist, "CURSE YOU YORIICHI! I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE JUST BEEN GONE FOR GOOD!" He thought as he punched a wall and a huge gust of wind destroyed the walls that were behind the wall he directly punched.

"THAT MAN IS MY BANE OF LIFE! JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I FINALLY GOT RID OF HIM, A PERSON SIMILAR TO HIM JUST HAS TO APPEAR!" Muzan thought as he breathes in and out heavily as several tick marks are seen across his face.

"Nakime!" Muzan shouts out of anger as he is then teleported to another wooden platform. "Call all the Uppermoons." He says the woman nods and strings her biwa once as a group of odd-looking entities is soon teleported around the wooden platform that Muzan was standing on.

"What happened? Did a Uppermoon die?" One said as he turned around while chowing on a human arm. He had pink hair, pale skin, blue markings spreading all across his body, and a simple dark purple-pink sleeveless Haori. His eyes were yellow with a blue Sclera with one being marked with the kanji "Upper Rank" and the other being marked with the daiji "3". 

Upper 3:
Akaza

(I'll do full intros for them later, and yes I did get this info from the wiki)

"Oh? What's this? I've been teleported?" One says with a happy chuckle as he sits down in his place. 

He had long platinum-blonde hair, along with rainbow eyes, pale skin, long blue nails, and a long red turtle neck with a sort of black substance dripping down from his chest along with his arms, he also wore tan hakama pants as he kept a bright smile on his face. His eyes were also marked with the kanji "Upper Rank" and the daiji "2".

Upper 2:
Douma

"Huh?" A young woman says as she looks around and realizes where she is.

"Oni-chan! Come out, we got teleported!" She says as her body begins to open up from the back and a skinny, gray, and hunch-backed man emerges from her body as he gets out and the girl's back closes.

"What happened Daki?" He said as he scratches his head with a blood-red sickle. 

"Master teleported us." The girl says as she and the man soon head down to the wooden platform.

The man also had black hair with lime green soon following afterward. He had different colored eyes, with one being red with a yellow Sclera, and the other being lime green with a yellow Sclera. His face had black ink-like markings that ran from his right cheek to his left eye. He also wore loose blue pants wrapped in a larger blue cloth from the waist to his knees. His eyes also bore the same type of markings as his "comrades" with his right eye containing the kanji for "Upper Rank" and his left having the daiji for "6".

The girl soon transformed into her true form in which she had white hair which soon faded to lime green, pale skin, lime green eyes, and two pink flower-like crests engraved on her face, she also wore a magenta two-piece with flower designs decorating it, along with thigh-high socks that had the same type of design as her two-piece. She was also marked with the same markings in her eye as her brother, with the right having the kanji for "Upper Rank" and the left having the daiji for "6".

Upper 6:
Daki and Gyutaro

"May I ask what happened my lord?" The man says as he kneels on one knee. Muzan just scoffs as releases a dark aura, "Don't tell me what to do!" He says as the man along with the woman starts to shake and sweat a bit.

"Where are the others?!" Muzan beckons as two men from earlier join the man and woman in their prostration.

"I am here, Master." A voice said from the distance as he slowly begins walking towards the group while navigating the floating corridors and hallways.

As he emerges from the darkness, he is shown to have six eyes, long black hair with red tips, a purple-checkered Haori, and a katana that looked like it had been "demonized". He takes a seat and begins to bow in prostration to his "Lord".

Upper 1:
Kokushibo

Kokushibo's eyes reveal as his kanji is marked with the number "1".

"Ov-over here my lord..." A fearful voice says as a man is seen hiding behind a staircase near the group.

He looked old and shriveled with a big bulge on his head along with two horns located near the bulge. His eyes were completely red showing no pupils or irises.

Upper 4:
Hatengu

His kanji said as the old man peeked out from behind the staircase.

"Who called me?" A voice said from a pot that was located on the side of the room as a man emerged from the pot (or what used to be remnants of one).

He had a malformed face as his lips were his eyes and vice versa. He also had one eye on his forehead which had honey-brown pupils and a kanji that said "Upper Rank" in one of his eyes, and the other had "5".

Upper 5:
Gyokko

He had no hair and instead had four arms that protruded from fin-like objects that were purple in color. His entire skin was pale and covered in what seemed like scales as several small arms protruded from his lower body.

"It seems that even my strongest demons are absolutely useless and incompetent," Muzan stated with an angered tone as all the demons bowed toward their master (except for Douma who had to be forced by Kokushibo). "Kokushibo," Muzan said sternly which caused Kokushibo to raise his head.

Kokushibo could feel the tension and anger that was going on with his master, but he was used to it at this point so he kept a straight face, but he didn't establish eye contact with his master. "Tell me Kokushibo, did your brother ever have a descendant or a child?" Muzan asked. Kokushibo's eyes widen at his master mentioning his brother, he was not expecting the question, and therefore very surprised. "N-no my lord, I am positive that my brother has not married or had at least a descendant that I could ever know of," Kokushibo said with a little stutter. "Is that so..." Muzan said with a rageful tone, "Then tell me why did I see a boy that looks exactly like him just today?!" Muzan questioned which caused Kokushibo's eyes to widen even more, "I do not know, my lord..." Kokushibo answered, "DON'T GIVE ME THAT ANSWER!" Muzan said as he started to shout at the Uppermoons, which caused the lower Uppermoons to start quivering in fear, but the first three Uppermoons managed to keep a calm demeanor, Douma even kept a joyful smile throughout the entire meeting.

"WHY ARE YOU ALL SO WEAK?!" Muzan questioned as he received no reply from his demons. He then took a deep breath to try to calm down as his Uppermoons stayed silent. "I am this close to dissolving the lower moons," Muzan said as he showed a very small gap between his thumb and index finger, "And I won't hesitate to kill you all if you start serving no use to me," Muzan said as he turned to the demons.

"But si-" Gyokko said before getting decapitated in an instant by Muzan, "DON'T TALK UNLESS I TELL YOU TO TALK!" Muzan yelled before grabbing Gyokko's decapitated head and throwing it against a wall which caused his head to explode.

Gyokko regrew his head back and didn't bother to talk at all during the duration of the meeting. "I am severely disappointed in you all!" Muzan exclaimed, "But I still cannot kill you since you all serve some use to me still!" Muzan said. "So why don't you idiots take the limited time you have on this earth and use it to get stronger?!" Muzan said, "All of you need to eat more humans to become stronger! And Kokushibo have you found the Blue Spider Lily yet?!" Muzan questioned, Kokushibo shook his head and Muzan gritted his teeth in frustration, "THEN FIND IT!" He screamed to which Kokushibo nodded in response.

"The kid's name is Tanjiro Kamado he said." Muzan said with only a fraction of total calmness, "Your new assignment is to eat more humans to become stronger and to get rid of this kid once and for all." Muzan said sternly to which all the Uppermoons nodded. "If any of you fail to do this simple task, I will not hesitate to punish you severely." He stated. "Dismissed!" He shouted as Nakime strung her biwa and all the Uppermoons were teleported.

Muzan stood there as he watched all his demons get teleported back to what they were doing before. "I will find you wherever you are Tanjiro Kamado." Muzan thought, "And I will kill you no matter what!" He thought before stepping off the wooden platform and teleported to another room in the Infinity Castle by Nakime.

.
.
.
.
.

Date: October 21, 2024
Time: 4:43 PM
Location: Kimetsu High School Gymnasium
Weather: Mostly Cloudy

.
.
.

"How haven't we finished with the activities yet?!" Sanemi said as he carried a box, "Because someone had to trip over a piece of cloth and completely destroy the DJ set that was in it!" Iguro said as he looked at Tengen.

"Hey! I didn't know that was there!" Tengen said as he carries another box with the new DJ set in it. "How did that brat and his friends manage to decorate the entire dam school in under 4 days, meanwhile, we still haven't completed the activities for the dance?!" Sanemi complained, "Ara ara, don't be like that Sanemi-kun, Tanjiro and his friends are just really good at what they do, you saw the ramp that they built to host their games that happened a few weeks ago." Kanae said as she turned around while posted on a ladder with a paintbrush and a banner that hung above the main entrance of the gymnasium with the words "Happy Halloween" painted on it with red paint as a few drizzles of red paint added to the text to make it look like blood.

"Ok fine..." Sanemi whispered to himself as he huffed. Meanwhile, Rengoku and Mitsuri were filling a large tub with water, "This apple bobbing idea was amazing Mitsuri!" Rengoku proudly stated, Mitsuri started to blush and wave her hands in the air out of embarrassment, "Th-thank you for the compliment Rengoku!" She said as she couldn't look at Rengoku's face anymore due to how bright his face was.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Iguro thought as he looked at the two with absolute jealousy, Sanemi noticed this and looked at Iguro with a stoic expression before turning his attention toward the contents of the box.

Giyu and Shinobu were at a nearby table with Giyu setting down some tape on the floor with his gym uniform on and Shinobu put some chemicals into a cauldron as some started to come out of it. She had several empty flasks along with other materials such as water, hydrogen peroxide, food coloring, dry yeast, dish soap, and many other chemicals such as Hydrochloric acid, ammonia, sulfuric acid, sodium, bromine, etc. Shinobu had gloves, safety goggles, and a lab coat on while handling the chemicals (She's a chemistry teacher what do you expect?), "Ara ara Tomioka-san, may I ask why are you on the ground?" Shinobu said as she looked over her table and saw Giyu place some blue tape on the ground, Giyu looked up at Shinobu with a whistle in his mouth as he started to talk.

Shinobu could only hear muffled voices coming from Giyu as she genuinely looked confused about what he was saying, "What?" She asked, Giyu took the whistle out of his mouth before speaking again, "Sorry, what I meant to say was that I was placing the tape down so I could mark the areas where troublemakers could go to be punished so we could keep the dance safe and free from interruptions." Giyu said, "Ara ara Tomioka-san that's nice, but does it have to be so close to my table?" Shinbou said, "I know you could keep some of them in check because I've seen your bad side before, you're perfect for this job." Giyu said before returning back to his job. Shinobu was surprised at the compliment that Giyu made to her, "Thank you Tomioka-san, I guess." Shinobu said before returning back to her job. "That was unexpected?!" Shinobu thought to herself as she continued mixing chemicals.

Kanae saw this a looked at the two with a smug face, "I see you sis." She thought before returning back to painting and decorating the banner.

Gyomei and Muichiro were sitting on one of the bleachers as Muichiro was on his phone and Gyomei was sitting down next to him, "Why is he here?" Sanemi asked as he pointed to Muichiro, "He's one of us now, so he is allowed to be here." Rengoku replied. "But he's not doing anything!" Sanemi complained, "It's because all of this work is supposed to be carried out by adults, he's just a kid, anyways, if we ask for his help, then he will come to aid us." Rengoku said as Mitsuri walks past him with another bucket of liquid that she accidentally split as she walked behind Rengoku.

Rengoku went silent for a moment before turning around and asking Mitsuri what happened, "Mitsuri what happened?" Rengoku stated. Mitsuri was on the ground with a bucket on her head and was completely drenched with red liquid. "I tripped!" Mitsuri said before she started crying a bit. Rengoku huffed as she helped her get up, "Come on go get dried up, I'll take the dyed water to the dunk tank." Rengoku said as she offered Mitsuri a towel which she took and went to the women's changing room in the gym.

"That man!" Iguro thought as he sent a death glare toward Rengoku on which Rengoku started sweating a bit, "I sense a menacing presence..." Rengoku thought as he slowly walked away from Iguro and Sanemi and toward Tengen who was at a large stand while setting up a DJ booth.

"Hey, Rengoku!"
Tengen said as he connected some wires to an extension cord that ran from the stand to a nearby outlet. "Hello Tengen, may I ask what is it that you are doing?" Rengoku questioned, "Ah, I am just setting up the DJ booth for the dance, it's not as good as the flamboyant one that I ordered, but it will have to do." Tengen said, "That one that you broke!" Iguro said from the middle of the court, "I know ok! Stop emphasizing the dam point!" Tengen replied back as Rengoku laughed a bit.

"We should be done with all the activities for the dance by tomorrow, but the weird thing is how we didn't get it done sooner than expected." Rengoku says, "It's because we all had to leave early due to us being teachers and having responsibilities to grade our student's papers..." Tengen huffed, "As the only art teacher in this school, I have way too many assignments to grade." Tengen stated, "You're lucky to be the third year's history teacher as compared to being the art teacher, you have fewer assignments to grade, and plus you can get to see flamboyant works as compared to most of my students, who just don't try at all or can barely draw a stick figure." Tengen said, "Also the addition of having three wives, you have a lot of responsibility to take care of if you have my job." He said, "But, with me being the flamboyant god that I am, I take care of these matters with relative ease!" Tengen said, "That's nice Tengen!" Rengoku stated.

"Oh yeah, Rengoku, you see this?" Tengen whispered to Rengoku as he took a balloon from under the table and showed it to Rengoku. "Yeah." Rengoku said, "Well I took this from Shinobu's stand over there without her knowing." Tengen said as he held the balloon, "I don't think she would like that Tengen." Rengoku said as he looked mildly concerned for his friend, "Eh, she won't mind." Tengen said, "Anyways, in this balloon, I filled it with hydrogen and oxygen, Shinobu said before to not light a mixture like that on fire, but I was kind of curious to see what would happen so I decided to do it anyway." Tengen said.

Rengoku then looked at his friend with a lot of concern since he knows what is going to happen next and decided to back away a bit, "Where are you going?" Tengen asked, "Nothing my friend! Just keep doing what you are doing!" Rengoku replied. Tengen shrugged and got a lighter from his pocket and held the lighter under the balloon.

Rengoku covered his ears before the balloon popped and let out a massive bang that was heard throughout the entire school.

*BANG*

The entire gymnasium was caught by surprise and shock and eyes were now directed toward Tengen who was in complete shock and covered in balloon parts. "Classic Tengen..." Rengoku thought as he went to Tengen and shook him awake, "Tengen wake up!" Rengoku said as he shook his friend awake, "Ok ok, I'm awake!" Tengen said as he rubbed my ears, "My f*ckin' ears hurt now..." Tengen said as he rubbed them.

"Fire 101, don't mix fire with oxygen," Rengoku said as Tengen rubbed his ears out of pain as they were still ringing like crazy. "Ara ara, so that's where my balloon went Tengen?" Shinobu said as she quickly appears behind Tengen with a menacing aura Tengen looked at Rengoku with an "I'm f*cked aren't I?" Expression as Shinobu knocked the lights out of Tengen with a kick to the neck.

"That's what you get for stealing my things Uzui," Shinbou said as she giggled and walked away.

Rengoku sighed at his friend and decided to pick him up and place him on one of the bleachers to rest as he took over Tengen's job.

"KYAAA! What happened, I heard an explosion!" Mitsuri said as she rushed out of the women's changing room in a new set of clothes, "Nothing Mitsuri, just Tengen being a dumba*s as usual..." Iguro said as Mitsuri calmed down, "Oh..." She said as she began to continue her previously assigned job.

The entire gymnasium went back to work after the sudden explosion caught them off guard.

It was a productive day for the teachers of Kimetsu High, and the hashiras of the Demon Slayer Corps

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Welcome back to another entry of "High School Gossip" brought to you by Shinobu!

Shinobu: Ara ara welcome back!

Shinobu: So we are here to talk about the dunk tank that Mitsuri-chan was supposed to fill!

Shinobu: The idea was presented by Rengoku and Tengen, and we decided to agree to it to add more fun to the dance and its activities!

Shinobu: On the day of the dance, during a specific time. All teachers will have to draw straws to see who will be dunked by the students!

Shinobu: The dunk tank will last for 30 minutes during which the students all gather in a line and try to dunk the chosen teacher in 3 attempts.

Shinobu: Who do you think will it be? I think it will be Tomioka-san since he always looks like he needs to be dunked in water in order to fully wake up, he looks so tired every day.

Giyu: What was that Kocho?

Shinobu: To-Tomiko-san!? I thought I was doing this alone!

Giyu: No you were doing it with me, I just came late.

Shinobu: Is that so? Then don't come late again! You almost gave me a heart-attack idiot!

Shinobu slaps Giyu but due to her lack of physical strength, Giyu doesn't react.

Giyu then turns to the screen.

Giyu: Anyways, read the next chapter "Just a Simple Drug Bust" where we join our mysterious man or "Masked Outlaw" Tengen calls him in busting a drug cartel meeting.

Shinbou: Don't just ignore me, idiot!

Shinobu throws several punches at Giyu but Giyu looks completely unphased and maintains eye contact with the screen.

Giyu: Bye.

Shinobu: Giyu Tomioka! Don't just say bye like that!

(I just want to get to the sub-arc (if that even is a thing) as soon as possible lol, I'm excited about that arc so I'm just speedrunning these chapters).