Chapter 18: The Park Visit

Date: September 29, 2024
Time: 12: 00 AM
Location: Tanjiro's House
Weather: Sunny

.
.
.

Tanjiro's alarm clock rang once again and he immediately got up to turn it off. 

As he reached the clock he checked the time to see that it was already afternoon, "The hell! How did I sleep for that long?" He thought as he turned it off and grabbed his phone which was charging on his nightstand and exited his room. 

After he took a shower, Tanjiro went downstairs to prepare some breakfast while still in a towel, he looked at the clock that was pinned on the wall in the kitchen, "I should probably go at 1:30..." Tanjiro thought as he poured some cereal and milk for himself in a bowl. He put the milk and cereal back where they both belonged and ate the cereal on the kitchen counter. He looked around to find where his phone was and saw it lying on a separate counter, he quickly grabbed it and opened it and scrolled through his messages, and clicked on the group chat with his friends in it.

The 5 Sense (+Some more) GC

AoiK: When are we going to change the name, I feel excluded.

GenyaS: Because you guys are just side characters.

AoiK: Tf was that Genya?

GenyaS: NOTHING!

AoiK: Good...

NezukoK: Personally, I think the name is fine.

ZenitsuA: Yeah, I think so too...

InosukeH: Youre just saying that because youre a simp!

ZenitsuA: Bro, I actually believe the GC name is fine, whether it's Nezuko's opinion or not.

InosukeH: Whatever you say...

ZenitsuA: Inosuke aren't you illiterate? How are you typing right now?

InosukeH: No one asked Monitsu!

GenyaS: Definitely got you there lol.

*Tanjiro is Online*

TanjiroT: Hi guys!

AoiK: Tanjiro, hey!

GenyaS: Finally online bud!

ZenitsuA: Yes! I have someone else to talk to other than that stupid boar

InosukeH: TF YOU SAY MONITSU?!

ZenitsuA: I f*cked up didn't I...

AoiK: You're on your own bud, I ain't dealing with him this time...

Nezuko: Tanjiro! I'm so glad to see you!

*Kanao is Online*

AoiK: Hold on, wtf, I thought you were sleeping... @Kanao

KanaoT: I'm not anoymore!

AoiK: Ok...

TanjiroT: Hello Kanao!

KanaoT: Hhi Tanjiro.

TanjiroT: Now we have the whole gang online!

GenyaS: Mhm, you guys still ready for that trip to the park today?

TanjiroT: Yep!

ZenitsuA: Hell yes!

AoiK: Yeah.

InosukeH: This will be the most fun park visit since I will be there!

KanaoT: I'm ready!

TanjiroT: Also guys, I heard that there is a really popular restaurant that just opened near the park, I was thinking that we should stop for lunch there.

InosukeH: There's food! Hell yeah, I'm definitely going to go!

AoiK: There was going to be food anyways...

InosukeH: Then I'm double coming!

ZenitsuA: That's not even a term idiot...

InosukeH: That's it Monistu, we're going to have a fight the first thing we do when we reach the park!

ZenitsuA: I'M STILL RECOVERING!

TanjiroT: Wait what?

ZenitsuA: Shit... Uh... I bruised myself yesterday and I'm still recovering from that bruise.

TanjiroT: Oh... I hope you get better!

ZenitsuA: Thanks!

AoiK: ...

KanaoT: Anyways, moving from that point, when are we going to go to the restaurant?

TanjiroT: We'll just stay at the park for a few hours, and then we will go to the restaurant.

KanaoT: That's nice.

GenyaS: Who is paying?

TanjiroT: I'l-

InosukeH: Zenitsu is paying!

GenyaS: Definitely.

AoiK: Aye.

KanaoT: Yeah.

ZenitsuA: What! Why me?

GenyaS: You know why!

ZenitsuA: Wha- Oh...

ZenitsuA: Yeah I guess I'll pay...

NezukoK: Thanks Zenitsu!

ZenitsuA: No problem, Nezuko-chan!

InosukeH: Here we go again...

ZenitsuA: I just said one thing...

InosukeH: Exactly!

GenyaS: Remember guys 2 PM we meet up alright?

TanjiroT: Yep!

ZenitsuA: Mhm.

InosukeH: Definitely!

AoiK: Yeah.

KanaoT: Ok.

GenyaS: See you guys there!

*Genya has logged off*

KanaoT: Come on Aoi, let's get ready.

AoiK: Ok.

*Kanao and Aoi have logged off*

InosukeH: I'll go get ready too!

*Inosuke has logged off*

ZenitsuA: Does he even have any other spare clothes...

TanjiroT: I think you should stop antagonizing Inosuke Zenitsu, you should probably get on good terms with him considering how much he wants to fight you rn.

ZenitsuA: I'll try...

ZenitsuA: Anyways, I'll go get ready, see you soon.

*Zenitsu has logged off*

NeuzkoK: I'll get ready too, bye Tanjiro!

TanjiroT: Bye Nezuko!

*Nezuko and Tanjiro have logged off*

"So... How are we going to deal with this..." Genya said as he looks at himself in a patient's gown and the others, "Me and Kanao are fine, you four just need some clothes..." Aoi said, "I'll guess I'll ask Nemi to drop some clothes off so that I can go..." Genya said, "We live close by anyways." He added, "I guess I could ask Kanae Nee-san to tell Sanemi-sensei to drop some clothes off since he only listens to her..." Aoi said, "You noticed too huh?" Genya asks, Aoi nodded. "Anyways, I and Nezuko live a considerable distance away, but it shouldn't be a long walk." Zenitsu says, "Mhm." Nezuko replies.

"The great Inosuke does not need to change, he is always ready!" Inosuke exclaims, "So you are just going to go in a patient's gown? Are you crazy?! What would Tanjiro say when he sees you wearing a gown?" Zenitsu exclaims, "I already have his clothes from yesterday, it should be fine since they won't arouse suspicion." Aoi said.

"Fine, I guess I could let it slide for now... Come on Nezuko-chan, let's get our things." Zenitsu said as he and Nezuko got up and walked out of the infirmary, "See you guys in a bit!" Genya yelled from his bed, "See ya!" Nezuko replied back and she and Zenitsu finally closed the infirmary door and left the house through the front door.

"Kanao, you go get ready, I'll go tell Kanae Nee-san to call Sanemi-sensei so he can drop off Genya's clothes, Inosuke you also come with me since I have your clothes in the dryer," Aoi said, Kanao nodded and Inosuke got up from his bed and began to follow Aoi. 

As the door slammed shut, Genya sat there on his bed, alone, in silence. "I'm alone..." Genya said with a pout.

After Aoi gave Inosuke her clothes, she went up to her older sister's room to tell her to call Sanemi. "Nee-san," Aoi said to her older sister who was on her desk while looking at something on her phone. "Yes, Aoi?" Kanae asked, "Can you call Sanemi-sensei to drop off Genya's clothes so that we can go to the park?" Aoi replied, "Sure thing!" Kanae cheerfully said, "Thanks!" Aoi replied before she close the door and went to her room to get ready. 

Kanae looked back at her phone and scrolled through some news, "Maybe...No...." Kanae thought as she then closed the news app and went on her call app. She dialed her colleague's number and waited for him to pick up.

After 20 seconds or so of waiting, he finally answered, "Hello? You need anything Kanae-san?" Sanemi asked through the phone, "Ara ara Sanemi-kun, don't you know it's improper to not pick up as soon as you hear the ring?" Kanae said in a pure voice, "I was uh... occupied with cooking..." Sanemi said, "Ara ara, the rough and tough Sanemi is cooking? Maybe I have not met you yet." Kanae said in a teasing tone, "St-stop it Kanae-san, just tell me what you need and drop the call." Sanemi said with a stutter. "Ok, ok, fine, I just wanted to tell you that Genya needs his clothes so that he can go to the park today!" Kanae said. Sanemi took a while to respond, but it came out eventually, "I'll drop off the clothes at your house and that's it, I have some things cooking in the oven and I can't leave it unattended for long." Sanemi said with a serious tone. "Understandable Sanemi-kun! Thanks for everything!" Kanae said with a delighted tone, "No problem..." Sanemi replied back as he disconnected the call.

.
.
.
.
.

As Tanjiro walks down the street wearing a black jacket, a green-checkered undershirt, black cargo pants, and some black nikes with red lining on them. "Bit chilly, so I see a reason to wear a jacket..." He thinks to himself as he pulls out his phone and starts to watch some videos.

While walking, he keeps tugging down on his shirt as it was a bit tight from the last time he wore it, "It's kinda tight, my chest outline can be shown... Maybe if I just zip the jacket I will be more comfortable..." He thinks as he zips up his jacket and continues to walk down the road.

.

As he reaches the park gates he notices that he was the first one there, "Again..." He thought to himself as he twiddled with his phone while he waited for his friends.  

Tanjiro heard a shout coming from around the corner as he saw his boar-headed friend turn the corner and immediately run towards the redhead with dust trailing behind him, "Woah, woah, Inosuke!" Tanjiro said as his friend crashed into him with his forehead banging into his.