District 6 Male - EUGENE FORD

NAME: Eugene Ford

AGE: 17

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Eugene is tall and broad and very muscular. He has short black hair, narrow green eyes, olive skin, and a strong square jaw that rounds off a determined and brooding appearance. He seems simultaneously messy and ordered, yet no one quite knows how.

PERSONALITY: Mad, wonderful, brilliant and confusing and spontaneous, Eugene is full of energy. He throws his hands around when he speaks, and speaks in a way that suggests he tries to encapsulate the universe in a sentence. His ramblings are full of crazy theories about life. Eugene likes to travel, smoke, drink, talk nonsense with a similarly intoxicated group of friends, and sleep rough by the side of the road in a sleeping bag under the stars.

THE REAPING: Volunteered

WEAPON OF CHOICE: A Crowbar

TRAINING SCORE: 8

LIFESTYLE: Since Eugene can remember, his father Jack has worked at the train-yard, leaving in the early morning with bags under his eyes and last night's stubble, and returning late at night with stains - yellow sweat and black oil - all over his torn white vest. This fleeting glimpse at the beginning and end of the day is all he has known, however, and all the love he has received; his mother left before he even knew her name, and never returned. None of the several hundred or more caretakers really took much care of him, and this isolated upbringing fostered an early independence. For a year now Eugene has been working in the train-yard with his dad, learning the trade, and while he is clearly suited to the work and its intense physical demands, his mind and his heart lie elsewhere. Unlike many of the others, Eugene is sharp. He wants something more than the dull low-pay job that seems to be his destiny. He wants a freedom that only glory in the Games can bring.