Author Games: My Mark Scheme

YOUR ENTRIES:

Shortly after receiving your entries, I will do my best to mark them as soon as possible. As most of you will already know, it is extremely difficult to respond with genuine and healthy feedback to all twenty eight of you, let alone with forty-eight this time around. With that said, I'm posting my mark scheme below. Although there will be unique and individual critiques to all of you, the list below should offer some grounds of comfort in terms of what you need to do in order to progress in this competition.

- Each entry will be marked out of 15

- Deaths will deduct this original score

- By signing up for these games you accepted full faith in my ability to mark you fairly and on the grounds of my own opinions.

THE SCHEME:

0 - Did not hand in

1-3 - Your writing itself could either have been pretty good to very poor, but you have received this score because your entry showed little effort in relation to the task. You did not respond as appropriate or within the broad creative boundaries set before you.

4-5 - You supplied the bare minimum in your response. Although you appropriately addressed the task given to you, both your creative ideas and writing structure were inherently lacking. Try writing more for the response.

6-7 - Your creativity was in the right place but your writing structure and style didn't quite enforce the entirety of your idea. Try approaching creative ideas in a more realistic and feasible manner. Still a better love story than Twilight.

8 - Your writing was on solid standing, however the thought behind the entry itself was either too much or too little. This is up to you to decide which, try approaching next task with the aim to be original but realistic and you should see the grade escalate.

9-10 - Both creative and written grounds were adequate and you showed potential in the understanding of both your character and the task. However if you are marked in this band, there was a recurring feature that let the response down. This could be anything from spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, switching in tense or being unable to contain an overcomplicated idea or structure, or you presented nothing special or different.

11-14 - I can only point out small and individual interferences in the written piece. These errors can be related to character or plot development. Although these occasional errors did not dominate your entry, they were enough to weaken its strength as a piece of creative work.

15 - R u Shakespeare tho.

HANDING IN:

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RULES DID NOT COUNT FOR TASK ONE, these will apply at Task Two and onwards! I repeat, no one will be punished for not doing the following when they handed in this task/Task One.

- ALL entries must be sent via email. If you don't have an email account then make one for this, it's incredibly simply and free of charge.

- Subject of email must say EXACTLY your tributes district and sex followed by their name in capitol letters and then a ranking if appropriate. For example:

District 1 Female - COSMO CAVALLI [1]

District 2 Female - VALERIA THRACIUS [3]

District 8 Male - BORDEAUX CROCHET

After that, you should put your entry in the email itself [NOT as an attachment] and make sure there are NO lines between the paragraphs. You only need to press enter ONCE. If you press it anymore times,

it ends up looking

like this

and that really

isn't

helpful

You should not put anything else in your email other than your deaths and ballots which should go directly BELOW your entry, separated by a star. Check the picture on this chapter for visual reference!

I apologise for the sudden strict set of rules, but I have forty-eight entries to mark so I hope you can understand my need for a little more control than usual.

Entries will be posted tonight at sometime around 10PM GMT, it won't be on the dot depending on when people hand in! Scores AND sponsorships will follow that at Midnight, two hours later. Good luck!

THE LIST:

The following list of people are yet to hand in an entry to me. Please contact me if there is a problem with this! As it has gotten a little intense, I am offering two hour extensions with no point penalty for this task. But I'd really like you to tell me if you'd like this extension instead of leaving it! Much appreciated! :)

Oh_Nostalgia

TayaMatea

TheDarkHorse

ForeverHebi-Chan

chloelouisewoolley

crescendos

SilverAndGoldfish

theravensdiadem

EverydayAwkwardness

Sweeney_Tot

forever-unfulfilled

fathomthestars_

katniss-everdeen

RappyTheDinosaur

RebellionAuthor

_TheFaultInOurWifi

Flying_Walnut

Harley_Quinn_18

t00manybooks

A_L_Blake

FrankieWritesBooks

EatASlice

RedTears