District 10 Male - REMUS MAVERICK

NAME: Remus Maverick

AGE: 16

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Remus is of an average height, lean but muscular, and has lightly tanned skin. His soft brown hair is just a touch wavy, a bit long, and quite puffy at the top of his head. His eyebrows are strong and his eyes a dark brown. He has hints of stubble on his face. There are many long, jagged scars on his forearms and a few on the backs of his hands, which he tried to keep as hidden as is possible.

PERSONALITY: One of the first things you notice about Remus, if you notice him at all, is that he is very quiet. While he is quite smart, he does not really show it, trying to minimize the number of people who notice him. He does not smile or laugh genuinely very often, most of the time just going numbly through the motions, trying to keep people from realizing that something's wrong with his life. Practically the only emotions he ever feels any more are anger and sadness. Remus is quite protective of his younger twin sisters, and his mother.

THE REAPING: Reaped

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Knife or Scythe

TRAINING SCORE: 8

LIFESTYLE: Remus hates his life. It used to be about as perfect as a life can be in Panem, his mother and father happy, his baby twin sisters healthy and bubbly. Things changed when his father, who worked in a meatpacking plant, got into an accident in the factory and was killed. Remus's world began to crumble at that moment. It only got worse when his mother remarried. His stepfather, a butcher, seemed quite friendly at first glance, but when you lived with him, the worse side of his nature shone through every time he got drunk, which was pretty often. One night, when Remus's mother was working late, one of Remus's younger sisters, Channon, did something wrong. Her stepfather raised his hand to strike her, but Remus stepped in, took the hit. His stepfather, having been drinking all night, wen into a rage and the two began to fight. At some point, his stepfather grabbed a knife and gave Remus a nasty cut down his forearm. Remus stopped fighting before things got even more serious, but the fight caused a new 'tradition.' His stepfather would get drunk, something would happen to make him angry, and he would take it out by inflicting pain on Remus. He never told his mother because she seemed happy, and his sisters knew better than to get involved. However, with nobody he felt comfortable in turning to, his life became a sort of hell for him- his father dead, himself being constantly abused, having to keep up his happy charade for his mother, telling nobody about his problems for the fear of his stepfather finding out and getting even angrier. Because of this, he decided to stop feeling as much as he could, not let people get to really know him so that he didn't have to worry about anyone else's problems on top of his family's, and so that he couldn't hurt anyone, either. When he was old enough to start working, he got a job on a farm that raised cattle and spends as much time at work as is possible, minimizing his time with his stepfather and mother, so that he can minimize his hurt and the possibility that his mother will find out his situation.

TOKEN: An old, broken locket of his mother's which has pictures of his sisters and father