Angeldust

Magical.

That is the only word that comes to mind as Alastor and I walk through the huge double oak doors leading into the ballroom.

Candles float around the big space, bathing everything in a soft green glow of hellfire. Overlord's stand idley by the plus one's they brought. A long table sits in the middle of the room, a wide variety of food on many silver platters. The delicious smell of them tickles my nose and I inhale deeply, mouth watering.

Golden goblets with blood red wine sit at the other end of the table. Every single one, arranged into a neat line for the guests.

"Fuck that smells good." I mutter, eyes glued to the roast pheasant piled high on a platter.

"Yes, it does." Alastor murmurs, but when I glance down at him, he's not looking at the food. His red eyes are on me, gaze sliding down my body appreciatively.

"Mista' Radio Demon, are ya checkin' me out?" I scoff playfully as we make our way towards the banquet table.

"Perhaps." He answers vaguely, smirk lifting the corner of his mouth.

"Flirtin' and checkin' me out? Who are ya and what did ya do with my Albert?" I tease.

"Is it so wrong to appreciate my Husband after so long of being apart? To fight the urge to brush off this ridiculous gathering, take you home, lock the door, throw away the key, and never leave your side?" He muses, red eyes glinting with a dangerous promise.

A promise that he will do exactly that if given the opportunity.

"Why can't we?" A gloved finger trails up his arm to brush against his jaw.

Alastor trembles from the motion and his ears flick adorably in excitement. "I want to, Mon Ange. So very badly. But, I must sneak away soon to steal the merging spell. Once I have that, we can leave. We just need for Charlie to enact step three."

"How will we know when she does that?" Eyes sweeping around the room, I can't find the recognizable poofy blonde hair of the princess anywhere.

"The plan is for her to engage Lucifer into a deep conversation when he's alone, while others are mingling. Originally, I was going to dote on Lucifer to gain the favor he gives out every year, but I can't count on it. This plan, this spell, is too important. Too precious to leave it to chance. I will not risk the one shot at getting you back, on the off chance of being selected. Stealing it is the only option."

"Aww, babe. That's so sweet." I purr, leaning to press a kiss to his forehead.

Grin wavering into a close lip sappy smile, adoration shines in those red eyes as he stares up at me, a blush darkening his cheeks.

"Tu me prends au piège avec ces beaux yeux." Alastor's velvet tone buzzes with static and an undertone of awe.

"E mi attiri con la tua intelligenza e la tua compassione." I whisper in his ear, teeth nicking the coarse red fur as I bite gently.

"Stop." Alastor visibly shudders, arm clasping tight around my waist to draw me closer.

"Why?" I pout.

"Because you are tempting me to give in to my urge and take you somewhere discreet so I can finally taste you again after so long."

"Then do it." I coo, nibbling on his ear and stifling a giggle at the way his red coattails move from the wagging of his tail.

"By the nine circles, where is that airheaded girl?" He growls, claws digging into my hip as his eyes search the room for who I assume, is the princess. "The sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can worship every inch of your body."

"So impatient." I tsk.

"Anthony-" I press a finger to his lips, cutting of his protest.

"We are at a ball together. Somethin' I honestly thought would neva' happen after I died. Regardless of what goes down tonight, I'm goin' ta remain here in Hell with ya. I'll go on da run if I hafta. Ya gotta trust Charlie knows what she's doin' and will do her part. 'Til then, let's jus' enjoy our time together."

At that exact moment, soft jazz music starts playing and he beams, holding out his hand to me. "Then may I have this dance?"

"Ya may." Sliding my hand in his, we walk out to the middle of the room. As one hand curls around my waist and the other holds one of my hands, we begin to gently sway to the mesmerizing melody drifting through the room from an unknown source.

I place my free hands on Alastor's shoulders and waist. It's deathly quiet as we sway, twirl, and dip, every pair of eyes trained on us.

My wings brush the floor each time he dips me, causing them to shift uncomfortably, but I ignore the twinge of pain and discomfort my wings ensue. I ignore the quiet whispers rippling through the crowd of demons. I ignore everything and everyone.

My only focus, is on Albert.

As we dance, I don't even feel like I'm moving anymore. My body takes over, trained with the skillful art of dance from years with Valentino. Every step is light. Every spin, graceful.

Our eyes remain locked on each other, never straying. Devotion shimmers in his eyes, as I'm certain the same reflects in mine.

The last notes of the song fades and Alastor dips me one last time, lips finding mine in a mind numbing kiss that has me melting in his loving embrace, heart hammering.

We pull away, a line of drool connecting between our panting mouths, and I chuckle, using a thumb to gently wipe over his bottom lip to break the strand of saliva.

Another slow song starts up, and others step out onto the dance floor and begin to sway. Whether it's because Al and I started it, or some other reason, it doesn't matter. All I care about, is being held by my Husband.

Alastor opens his mouth after lifting me from the dip, intending to speak, when a smooth voice pipes up.

"May I cut in?" A familiar voice asks.

My skin crawls and heart sinks from hearing the fake buttery tone I unfortunately know so well.

Slowly, I turn to see greedy pink eyes and a sickening neon pink grin.

Valentino.