Blueberry

Pain.

Blinding mind numbing pain is all my body wants to feel after two separate beatings. But somehow, all the pain melts away as I gaze down into the pink eyes of the beautiful baby in Angel's arms.

Nose broken and face bloody, I must look a dreadful mess to the poor dear. I should've cleaned up, but I didn't expect them back so soon. Spending a couple hours just lying on the floor of the kitchen in a puddle of my own blood, I struggled to work up the strength to move. By the time I finally managed to sit up, the blood caked on my face and the floor, was dried.

I spent that time regretting such a stupid attempt at kissing Anthony. I'm not quite certain why I did it so suddenly, or how he knew it was me.

Because Angel loves Alastor. They have undeniable history together. Their love only grew throughout the years. Our love was merely forged in pity. I was but a rebound. I know that now. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less.

What I feel for Anthony, is as real as the love Alastor has for him. Whereas part of my heart once belonged to the Anthony in my Dimension, it now wholly belongs to this one. I no longer feel anything for my Dimension, nor the demons that inhabit it.

The Luci Dimension, whether Alastor likes it or not, is now my home for eternity.

Now, as I stare down at the sweet baby bouncing in Angel's arms, my resolve only hardens. Solidifying the previous thought. This is my home, for better or for worse.

"Jesus! Back da Hell up or ya will scare her!" Angel demands, weak that he has to lean on Alastor for support, but just strong enough to glare at me.

I move to step back, but a chubby hand reaches up towards me, tiny fingers flexing impatiently. Glancing up to see Angel give me a hesitant nod and ignoring my twin's glowing death glare, I bend closer to her. The baby touches my cheek, and I suck in a sharp breath. Her eyes are so full, so beautiful.

Almost as if you can lose yourself in them. They shimmer with raw innocence and intelligence. A kind of humanity hidden in the deepest depths of those bright pink orbs.

With a giddy gurgle, she brings her hand towards her, shoving the entire fist in her mouth to suck. It takes a moment for me to realize what just transpired.

She rubbed the blood coating my face, onto her hand, and is now sucking off my blood from her skin happily.

"Well then..." Angel murmurs, connecting the dots, eyes wide.

"It appears our little one craves fresh blood to sustain her, not milk. Interesting indeed." Alastor doesn't look worried at all. Instead, he beams with pride.

"Where in Lucifa' are we goin' ta get enough blood ta feed her every day?" Angel hisses, gently pulling the baby's hand out of her mouth.

"My dear, it's quite easy to obtain. I must admit, it will be entertaining to stroll the streets again. To prowl my usual hunting grounds." I block out everyone as my gaze wanders to the baby. Gurgling and shoving the same hand back into her mouth, the baby stares up at Angel with a giggle.

My heart utterly melts at the carefree sound.

She's so pure. So sweet. So like Angel in every way. She may have Alastor's ears, and skin tone from when I was alive, but the features stand out starkly. So much like Anthony.

"Does she have a name?" I ask, daring to reach out and brush away a stray white hair in the baby's eye.

"Tracy." Comes Angel's soft response.

"A name you don't deserve to hear, and shall have your tongue cut out if uttered." Alastor sneers, arms curling protectively around them, red eyes leveling me with a warning glare, its meaning clear.

Do not say her name or touch her.

My twin ushers them upstairs, leaving me behind, and I clasp my hands behind my back, deep in thought.

Do not worry, my sadistic double. No harm shall ever befall that little one as long as I draw breath. It may not be worth much, but I will protect her with my afterlife.

                        ~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Sorry it's short guys. I'm up with insomnia and figured I'd post a quick chapter before prepping for the release of my new book tomorrow.

Next chapter will be longer. I promise.