Alastor

This chapter has fluff and heavy smut! (Your welcome Kai =P )

Be warned, there is knife play and blood in this chapter as well because, you guessed it, these two are kinky asf.

Oh, and as a fun little game. See if you can guess the song Angel sings in the comments! 🫶

                           ~~~~~~~

Angel came into the baby's room shortly after our spat, taking Tracy from my arms and kicking me out with a frosty glare and a muttered, "I need ta calm down and sort out a lotta' shit."

So, I left and went downstairs. Only to almost slow to a halt when I see Blueberry on his knees in the lobby, head bowed and sapphire hair covering his face. His shoulders tremble and hands fist the maroon carpet. A very tiny part of me is tempted to find out why he's so upset. But unfeeling, cold, bitter hatred, outweighs the momentary lapse of judgment, and I turn to march back up the stairs. Intending to beg for Angel's forgiveness and then planning to make every single one of his favorite Italian dishes for dinner to make it up to him.

Sure, Angel's words hurt, but they're true. I wasn't there for him. For Tracy. I chose - once again - to give into my monsterous impulses and allow them to take over every rational sense. I am a terrible parent.

Just like father.

Shaking my head as to dislodge the horrid thought, I raise my hand to knock, and freeze when I hear singing flow through the open crack of the door.

🎼 "Lay down,
Yer sweet and weary head,
Night is fallin',
Outta memory and time,
Ya have come ta journey's end,
Sleep now,
Dream of da one's who came before,
They are callin',
From across a distant shore." 🎼

Silky smooth, Angel's tone lowers until it's like a feather-light whisper, daring to float around the room with its haunting and beautiful notes. Tracy lets out a wail and I peek to see Angel brushing a thumb over her cheek.

🎼 "Why do ya weep?
What are these tears upon yer face?
Soon ya will see,
All of yer fears will pass away,
Safe in my arms,
Yer only sleepin'." 🎼

The gentle lullaby is unknown to me, but holds a certain alluring quality to it. A siren song of heartbreaking loneliness. So soft and gentle. Angel sings it as if he's known it all his life. Sung with a bittersweetness hidden in the very depths of his soul. Sad, yet happy.

🎼 "What can ya see on da horizon?
Why do those white gulls call?
Across da sea,
A pale moon rises,
The ships have come ta carry ya home,
And all will turn ta silver glass,
A light on da water, all souls pass,
Hope fades,
In ta da world of night,
Though shadows fallin',
Outta memory and time,
Don't say,
We have come now ta da end,
Ya and I will meet again,
And ya will be here in my arms,
Jus' sleepin'..." 🎼

As the song fades, sorrowful notes weave around every bone and blackened muscle tissue, sinking deep and taking up residence there.  Where? I know not. All I know is that - although heartbreaking - I don't want the song to end. Angel's gentle singing voice wraps me in blissful content, like a security blanket I can never part from.

Tracy has long since fallen back asleep in his arms and Angel bends to nuzzle her hair and softly kiss her cheek, before tip-toeing over and setting her down in her cradle.

Shrouded in shadows, I wait in the hallway for Angel to leave Tracy's room. Minutes pass and I shift from foot to foot restlessly.

Is he going to emerge from the room soon?