Angeldust

~ WARNING: This chapter has another shock, so be prepared! ~

                              ~~~~~~

A knock sounds at the front door and I glance up briefly from my phone before snapping my fingers. "Blueberry, answer da door."

Wearing a maid costume with a ruffled flair skirt, complete with a matching bonnet, his blue eyes narrow and lips stretch down into an unamused frown. "Alright."

Blueberry moves towards the door and I clear my throat with an icy glare. "What was that?"

"I beg your pardon." His steps falter and come to a stop, turning his head to look apologetically over his shoulder at me. "As you wish, Mistress."

"Ungrateful shrewd." Alastor hisses from where he sits on the sofa next to me, red eyes flashing with concealed rage.

Blueberry opens the door and I balk at the sight of Husk holding a squirming Fat Nuggets. "Angel, you better take back your dirty pet or I'll-"

Noticing Blueberry, he cuts off mid-rant, yellow eyes widening. Phone slipping from my hands, I gasp. Oh my God! This entire time, I was too preoccupied with my return to Hell and sudden change, that I completely forgot about my baby!

I'm a terrible Ma!

"Nuggs!" I jump up, running over and shoving Blueberry out of the way. He lands unceremoniously on his ass with a grunt and my ears pick up the faint sound of Alastor chuckling.

"Woah..." Ignoring Husk's open mouth stare, I snatch Nuggs from his grip and fold him lovingly in my arms.

Black eyes blink slowly and he curiously sniffs my fur, giving a series of short snorts. Smile wide, I rub a cheek against his snout, just how he liked before.

"Ah, Husk, my friend. So kind of you to drop by with that... swine." Alastor says, coming up behind me and curling a protective arm around my waist. Disdain drips heavily on the last word he growls and I shove my elbow into his stomach, shooting him a warning glare.

"Nuggsy is welcome here, isn't he?"

"Yes, dear." Alastor replies in a calm tone, one eye barely wincing in pain, the only indication that my elbow did any damage.

Turning back to a stunned Husk, I flash him a warm smile. "Thank ya so much fer bringin' him here. I know watchin' afta' him when I was... gone, wasn't easy. I truly appreciate it."

Fat Nuggets settles in my arms, as if somehow knowing it's me in doe form.

"I... I heard from the princess that you changed... but I had no idea just how much..." Husk says, tone soft and bewildered.

"Ya got a problem with da new me?" I snap, gratitude melting into frigid indifference at his words.

"No, that's not what I-"

"I'd be careful what you say next, my dear, for they may be your last." Static crackles menacingly, a challenge gleaming in Alastor's crimson gaze.

"Will you let me fucking finish? All I was trying to say, was that I'm shocked by the form the spell changed you into. You look identical to..." Husk trails off, gaze lifting to meet Alastor's daring one.

"Angel looks perfect the way he is. If you have a problem with it, take your ridiculous concerns elsewhere and whine to some worthless demon scum that cares. Why not bitch to Charlie who seems to disgustingly care too much? Start there." No words can express the shock I feel from Blueberry's words as he steps in front of me to defend my honor, hand going to his cocked hip, dress swaying with the movement.