Chapter two:

The air mattress was fucking terrible, I didn't sleep a wink last night. I sat their staring at the ceiling fan just listening to the sound of crickets chirping. I sit up once the morning sun finally starts to rise, I throw on my sandals and walk outside. I walk down the pier at the end of our yard and sit down, my feet barley grazing the water. "I guess I'm not the only one who likes to watch the sun rise." A voice calls out to me, I jump a bit not expecting anyone else but me awake at this hour. It was still technically dark. I look to my left and see the blonde hair boy leaning against the railing from his dock. I get up and lean against the railing to look at him, "I couldn't sleep, what's your excuse?" I call out to him, his blonde hair blowing in the wind, causing it to turn a bit messy but in a good way. "I couldn't sleep." He smiles at me, "I'm JJ." He says, holding his hand out to me, I look at him confused at there was a good 20 feet between our docks. "I'm Y/N." I say and hold my hand out to him, at the same time before we shake our hands up and down to act like we were shaking hands. I chuckle as does JJ, "Can I come over there and get to know you better?" JJ ask me, I couldn't me more thankful he wasn't closer, my whole face was probably bright red at this point. "Sure neighbor." I tease him, he smiles at me and walks over. I take a seat with my back against the railing and watch JJ walk up. He sits down across from me and smiles, "I will say I'm happy to have someone else to watch the sunrise with." He tells me, looking away from me and to the sun slowing rising over the water. I smile and bite my bottom lip and look back out at the sun. "Okay curiosity is eating me alive now, what made you move here of all places and to that very run down house?" JJ ask me, bringing his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. "My brothers bought the house, they love fixing stuff up. It's their new project I guess you could say." I tell him completely avoiding his questions on why we moved here. "Best part is I have full permission to decorate it however I want." I tell him, I probably had the biggest, goofiest smile on my face ever. JJ sat there smiling at me as I talked, "We'll since we're friends now, tell your brothers if they need any help at all. I'm just next door, I'm pretty handy myself." He says, running his hands down to chest as he acts all cocky. I giggle and playfully roll my eyes, "Now your just showing off." I tease him.

We spent the rest of the morning talking and finding out little bits about each-other. "Y/N?" Tommy calls out, standing out on the porch. "I'm on the dock." I call out to him, watching him walk down here. JJ stands up and holds his hand out to me, I smile and take his hand as he helps me up. Tommy raises an eyebrow as he expected me to be down here alone. "Tommy, this is JJ. He's our neighbor." I tell him, pointing over to his house. Tommy looks back at the house then back to JJ, holding his hand out as they both shake hands. "Y/N told me your fixing up that house, let me know if you need any help at all. Myself and a few friends could come help out." He tells Tommy, Tommy smiles at him and nods his head. "Appreciate it, we'll keep that in mind." Tommy says and looks back at me. "Care to go grocery shopping while we unpack more boxes?" Tommy ask me as Tucker comes out on the porch. I nod my head and Tommy walks off, "Nice to meet you JJ." He calls back to him. I turn my attention back to JJ, JJ waves to him and looks down at me. "I had fun getting to know you, I'm glad I have a sun rise buddy." I tell him and start to walk down the dock. "Have fun grocery shopping, I'll probably see you again in the morning." JJ tells me, huge smile on his face as he walks backwards to his house.

I aimlessly walked the isles of the grocery, we needed everything. Anything you could think of we needed in the house, I turn corner being lost in my whole world when I bump into a girl with my cart, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I tell her pulling my cart back and walking over to her. She rubs her back a bit and turns to look at me, "I'm sorry I wasn't even paying attention myself." She says and turns to smile at me, "Hey your the new girl." She says with a huge smile on her face. I give her a questionable look and raise an eyebrow. "You were eating at my parents restaurant last night." The girl says and, "I'm Kiara." She smiles big at me, "Oh my goodness, yes. I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you." I tell her, leaning my hip against the cart. "You are?" Kiara questions me, "I'm Y/N." I say softly, "Welcome to Outer Banks Y/N, we'll definitely hang out sometime. But right now I have to run." She tells me, waving at me before disappearing into the isles again. I smile to myself and continue with my shopping, I pushed the heavy cart to get checked out.

"Okay, I need your help. I have a shit ton of crap in your truck Tommy." I shout once I get inside and drop the bags on the kitchen counter. Tommy and Tucker were laying on the living room floor, "We need fucking furniture." Tucker complains, getting up and helping Tommy get up as well. "After we unpack we could go shopping for some?" I say with the biggest smile on my face, "I have a feeling we're about to spend a lot of money today." Tommy whispers, all of us unloading all our groceries.

I stood at the sink, washing dishes. I looked out the window to see JJ sitting outside working on his bike, I once again found myself staring at him. Tucker walks up behind me, I didn't even notice and he looks out at what I'm staring at. "So we like the neighbor boy?" Tucker teases me, I jump when I hear his voice and drop the bowl in the sink, shattering the bowl. "Fuck off Tuck, I'm just washing dishes." I mumble, letting out a frustrated sigh when I see the broken bowl. I pick up a piece before cutting the palm of my hand, "Fuck." I shout, biting the inside of my cheek. "How the fuck did you mange that Y/N?" Tucker snaps, panicking a bit as he puts a towel on my bleeding hand. "You scared me and I dropped the bowl." I snap back, Tommy running in to see the two of us. "What the hell is going on?" He ask, looking down at my hand wrapped in the towel. "Our little sister is too busy staring at the neighbor and cut her hand." Tucker tells me, laughing to himself. Tommy chuckles as well which makes me smile. "Both of you shut up and help me wrap my hand up. Everything should be on the bathroom cabinet." I say, smiling as I shake my head.