S1: Chapter Twelve

Hosan woke up to the sound of shouting. He got out of bed and made his way downstairs. Minsu was still sleeping quietly so he decided to leave him asleep. Hosan found Yoongi in a shouting match with a shorter and older man. "Yoongi, what's going on?"

"It's nothing babe."

"So this is your faggot boyfriend that you are ruining the family name with."

"Don't you fucking talk about him like that."

Yoongi swung, punching the man in the face. Hosan stepped in- between them so it wouldn't break into a full blown fight only to be slapped to the ground by the older. Hosan looked up at the man in disbelief. He stood up punching the old man to the ground.

"I may look small and weak but I can fuck up anyone who comes at me." Hosan looked at the man and noticed he wasn't moving.

He bent down to check to see if the man was still breathing and thankfully, he was. "Did you just knock my dad out unconscious?"

"Shit, that was your dad?"

"Yeah." Hosan had no idea what Yoongi's dad looked like. He never bothered researching Yoongi's family because he didn't really care to know them. Yoongi had came to Hosan one night, crying his eyes out. His father had been the cause. So Hosan began to hate Yoongi's father.

"Sorry." Yoongi chuckled as he put his father on the couch.

"Come on, let's make breakfast. I wanna ask your opinion on something."

"What do you wanna know?"

"Can you look at this proposal and tell me what you think?" Hosan opened the folder on the table and began reading it.

"This proposal is bullshit. If this is to benefit the local farms, it's doing the exact opposite. Don't approve this."

"Then what do you propose because I have no idea where to go from here."

Yoongi pulled ingredients out the fridge and began cooking while Hosan put on a pot of coffee and made Minsu hot chocolate.

"Tell me the main issue."

"A new store is being built but the farmers we have aren't able to meet the new increase which is putting construction and opening to a halt."

"Are the farmers producing for the location they are close to or a whole?"

"A whole."

"Well there's your first problem. Getting the farmers to produce as a whole wouldn't be a problem if there were only a few locations but you're getting bigger. So that way isn't profitable. If you're going to keep expanding then you need to change how you get produce."

"How do I do that?" Yoongi asked, pulling out plates. Hosan poured two cups of coffee and began setting up the island as Minsu came down the stairs.

"For each location find local farmers in that area. They'll be able to meet the demands and produce can get to the stores quicker with great quality. You also need to find someone to be the voices for your farmers. Everyone on your board has never been on a farm and never worked one a day in their life. They don't know the difficulties of having one. This way there is a better understanding and communication with you and the farmers."

"You are genius. You should come work for me."

"I could but I like my job better." Hosan giggled, as Yoongi grabbed his neck, kissing him.

"You're his boyfriend, you lied." Yoongi and Hosan pulled away to see little Minsu sitting on the Island watching them.

"I didn't lie, Minsu. I am his roommate. He just so happen to be my boyfriend too." Yoongi chuckled.

"Where's my hug buddy?" Minsu climbed on the island and hugged Yoongi.

"Ready to have fun with us?"

"Mhm."

Yoongi's father woke up and sat up. He had a black eye forming and his face hurt. Hosan poured a cup of coffee and grabbed an ice pack. "Sorry for punching you so hard. Here's some aspirin and coffee. Ice pack for your eye and you are welcome to join us to breakfast."

Yoongi's father said nothing but took the items he was given. Hosan headed back to the kitchen and ate breakfast with Yoongi and Minsu.

Amber sat on the couch ignoring her father's ranting. "I'm so over your shit Amber. You mean to tell me that you only did all of this for some boy."

"IT'S JUST SOME BOY! IT'S YOONGI GEUN!"

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO IT IS! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I WILL NOT LET YOU TARNISH THIS FAMILY'S REPUTATION OVER SOME BOY!"

"FUCK YOU DADDY!" Amber's father back handed his daughter, watching her hit the floor.

"We are dropping those charges and you are going to tell them that you made a mistake. It was dark and you couldn't see well so you don't know who hurt you. Then I want your cards. You are grounded for the rest of the semester. Not another word."

Amber's father left without saying anything else. Amber laid there tears in her eyes.

"Your father is currently in a coma, it's not clear how long he will be in it or if he will wake up at all. As for your mother, she broke the entire left side of her body. We had to put her in a full body cast leaving out her right arm and leg. She's awake but she doesn't seem to grasp her current surrounding though her brain scans came back normal. We have them in the same room. This way."

It was two in the morning when Nicole and Jaysung had arrived to New York and went to the hospital immediately. "Eomma, gwaenchanh-euseyo?" (Mom, are you okay?)

"geulae, abeojineun eottae? naneun geudeul-i malhaneun geos-eul ihaehalyeogo nolyeoghajiman nae yeong-eoneun johji anhseubnida." (Yes, how is your father? I try to understand what they say but my English isn't good.)

"appaneun honsusangtaee ppajyeoss-eoyo, eomma. geudeul-eun geuga eonje kkaeeonalji moleubnida." (Dad is in a coma, mom. They don't know when or if he will wake up.)

Nicole's mother nodded her head, her eyes filling up with tears. "geuneun eodie issseubnikka? geuleul mannaya haeyo. geuneun naega yeogi geuui yeop-e issdaneun geos-eul al-aya habnida." (Where is he? I need to see him. He needs to know I'm here next to him.)

Jaysung pulled the curtain that separated her from her husband and pushed his bed next to hers. Bethany reached out and grabbed her husband's hand. "seojun. dalling, naya. naneun balo yeogie issda. naneun dangsin balo yeop-e issseubnida. nawa hamkkeiss-eo. naneun dangsin-eul bonael junbiga doeji anh-assseubnida." (Seo-Joon. Darling, It's me. I'm right here. I'm right next to you. Stay with me. I'm not ready to let you go.)

Nicole dropped her head, on the verge of tears. Jaysung pulled his wife close to him. "It's going to be okay." He kissed the top of her head, doing his best to comfort her. He truly hoped that he was telling her the truth. That everything would be alright.