S3: Chapter Fourteen

Minsu woke up in his old room. He rubbed his head that was pounding from the bright light. He walked over to his bathroom and was grateful to find that he had pain kills and took some with a glass of water.  He brushed his teeth as he looked at the wedding band on his finger. Ultimately, he regretted how he reacted to Eunhae's news and hated he even resorted to drinking as a way to deal with it instead of talking to his wife about her feelings. 

He walked out of his room and made his way downstairs where Nicole and Jaysung were talking in the kitchen when they saw him. "Minsu, when did you get in?"

"It was pretty late last night. I didn't want to wake you."

"Why did you come in so late? Is everything alright?"

"Eun and I got into a fight."

"So I can assume that you drank my beer in the fridge?" Jaysung asked, passing a mug of coffee to his son. 

"Yeah, I'll replace it."

"Don't worry about it. What were you and Eun fighting about?"

"Eun doesn't think she wants to have kids anymore. I got pissed and we started arguing and things got heated so I left and came here."

Nicole gave Jaysung a look. Minsu noticed and could tell by his mother's face, he was clearly missing something. "What is it, Eomma?"

"Minsu, did Eunhae tell you why she didn't want kids?"

"She said she didn't feel like she was ready for that but I don't understand when the doctors said she was fine." Jaysung couldn't help but chuckle.

"Minsu, my son. You are an idiot. It's not about what the doctors say. I'm sure on papers, Eunhae is now in good health. However, that doesn't mean she feels like it. Having that tumor took quite a toll on her and she might not feel like she's ready to have kids yet. That doesn't mean she doesn't want a family with you. It just means not right now."

"So why did she say she didn't want kids? It's always been our plan."

"Yes, but plans can change. Minsu you are thinking about your lives before the tumor whereas Eunhae is thinking about life with it. Things can change and for all we know she could end up sick again. If you have kids, and let's say she doesn't make it. Then you are raising them alone. What if she ends up pregnant but now she needs treatment or she dies. There is no winning outcome in whatever choice she makes. She's scared and worried about so many things but you are only focused on the plan from the past. Do you see the problem?"

Minsu took in everything his mother and father had said to him. He realized two things. One was that his parents had a point. Two, Eunhae had said the same thing to him but because he was upset, he wasn't really listening to what she was saying. "I'm sure an idiot. Eun said all of this to me already but I wasn't listening. I'm stupid."

"Stupid, no. A little slow sometimes, yes. Stay for breakfast and then go home and talk to your wife."

"Thanks Eomma. Thanks Abeoji."

Meanwhile back at Namjoon's house, Namjoon and Catalina were making their way downstairs to start breakfast. "Joonie, coffee please."

"I got you." Namjoon walked over to the coffee machine and started a pot of coffee and a few shots of espresso. Catalina pulled out pans and waffle iron. "Baby, we're making waffles right?"

"Yeah mamas." Namjoon responded, pulling out milk, eggs, bacon, and a variety of fruit. Catalina pulled out the waffle mix from the cabinet and cooking spray. Eunhae walked in the kitchen and sat on the island. "Please tell me my nose doesn't deceive me and I smell coffee."

"You smell coffee. Should be done in a minute."

"Perfect."

Namjoon chuckled at his sister as he began whipping the eggs in a bowl. "How'd you sleep?"

"Wonderful. I have to get a couch like yours. I could sleep on that thing all day."

Catalina started the first waffle and began cutting up the fruit. "Babe, hand me a lime and honey."

Namjoon grabbed the lime, honey, and sugar knowing she would need it. He poured a cup of coffee and grabbed a shot of espresso for his sister. "Alright so start talking about what the hell is going on with you and Minsu."

Eunhae poured the espresso in her coffee and took a sip before telling her brother about the argument she had with her husband. Namjoon and Catalina listened carefully and fully so that they both offered proper and helpful advice on the situation.

"So tell me, was I wrong?" Eunhae asked, sipping her coffee. "Yes and no," Namjoon responded. 

"Explain."

"Well you aren't wrong for feeling how you feel about having kids but the whole its your body and your choice is kinda wrong. If you and Minsu were dating, that's one thing. However, Minsu is your husband. It's different. I'm not saying you can't make that decision but I do think you should've at least talked to Minsu rather than telling him what you were going to do."

"What do you think, Catalina?"

"I actually agree with Namjoon. I think you should've had a conversation with Minsu so that he could at least understand why you have these concerns and maybe you could've came up with a solution. Namjoon and I have already talked about kids."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I want kids but Cat doesn't. She wants to focus on her career right now. So, we compromised. If Cat isn't where she wants to be in two years, we'll start a family." Namjoon stated.

"Also, have you considered that Minsu might think that having a child will your family back into some normalcy before the tumor?" Cat inquired.

"I guess I didn't think about it that way."

"Just something to think about. You aren't wrong for wanting to hold off on kids. I know on papers you can look amazing but that doesn't mean you feel amazing. I think that honestly, this could be solved if you both had a conversation about how you both feel and thought and maybe you can sort it out. For now, just breathe."