S2: Chapter Seven

Yoongi poured himself another drink and sat back down on the couch. He looked at the two envelopes on the table he got from Liv. He hadn't opened them because frankly he wasn't sure if he wanted to know what it read. Eunhae had decided to spend the night with Minsu since they would be telling Jaysung and Nicole about their marriage.  He contemplated if he should read it before giving it to Hosan but he thought that Hosan should read his mother's will first. 

Hosan walked into the house to find Yoongi in boxers and a robe, lost in thought. He didn't even hear Hosan come in the house. Hosan went upstairs to get into something more comfortable. He put a night gown and robe before heading downstairs to the living room. He looked at Yoongi staring at the envelopes on the table. They both had Hosan's name on it but one looked like his mother's handwriting. 

"Gi, what are those? Where did they come from and why is my name on them?"

"Liv showed up at my job today. She has dementia now. However, she came all the way from Busan to deliver these letters to me to give to you."

"Why?"

"She said you would need them."

"What's in them?"

"One is a letter to you from her explaining who she was to you. The other is the last will of your mother's estate that she entrusted to Liv to hold on to."

"My mother knew Liv?"

"I'm not entire sure. I didn't read the letter. I wanted to wait til you came home."

Hosan looked at the envelopes and picked up Liv's letter first. He opened it up and began to read.

Dear Hosan,

I wish I could be the one to tell you this in person. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to. I'm writing this before the Dementia takes over and I can't remember a damn thing. I spent my whole life doing fucked up things and now I'm stuck alone in a home. I guess it's Karma. I could beat around the bush but I think given our history, I'll just get straight to the point. 

My name is Liv Kim. My mother married the founder of Kim enterprises. My step brother took over the company and for a period of time we worked together. In that time, my brother had three children. Two girls and a boy. One of those children was named Eunhae Kim. You might know her by Lee Eunhae. She had taken your father's name when they got married. 

My brother has always been a very complicated man and very hard to please. When he found about your mother and father, he was livid. At that time she was already pregnant with twins and it was way too late for an abortion. Your grandfather allowed her to keep the twins until they were three. She had to give them away to your aunt and uncle. Your brother and sister, Seokjin and Sujin. 

Your mother was supposed to leave your father or your grandfather would cut her off and block out her estate. Eunhae had found out that she was pregnant again and couldn't bare to part with you. So, she took some money and left with your father to get married and live on Sunshine Valley. I felt bad for her and I told her if she ever needed anything from me to let me know. 

It was years before she reached out to me about sending you to the city for schooling. I used my connections to let the school allow you to attend without having to meet your parents as I would go in their place and report back to them about your progress. The apartment you spent most of your life in was paid for by me. I even paid the landlord extra just to keep an eye on you and make sure you were well taken care of for your mother. 

A few months prior to her death, she had come to visit me. She needed a lawyer to draw up her will and estate. I didn't know why she wanted to do this but she said she needed to do it early on in case something ever happened to her. I helped her with no questions asked. I wasn't sure if she was in danger or not but anything she asked I always did because she was so kind to me. 

The day you came to me looking for Yoongi, I must admit that the way I acted was out of envy. I had never had anyone care for me the way you care for Yoongi and I was bitter about it. You definitely put me in place. You look so much like her that I was more mean to you out of pain more than hatred. I can't believe how much you look like your mother that it was hard to face you.

Eunhae died far too soon in my opinion and you deserved a better life than the one you received. I've left you Eunhae's will along with a death certificate that proves her will is the only one she ever made. Your aunt and uncle might try to take her estate from you but this will won't allow them to. I wasn't the best person in the world but I hope this can make up for some of it. 

I'm truly sorry, Hosan. I wish I was a better person to you and Yoongi but I hope this is enough. This isn't just a letter to you. This is also my will. Since I never had any children and was never married, I have no choice but to leave it to two people I cared for. I leave to you and Yoongi my mansion and all my money which is twenty three million dollars. I hope this helps.

-Liv