S3: Chapter Seven

Namjoon raised his hand to cause more pain to Woosung but Catalina stood in front of him. "Joonie, you can't be there for your sister if you are in jail for assault. You promised her a big ass cheeseburger, remember? He's not worth it."

Namjoon looked at Catalina who had her arms wrapped around his waist, holding him back with worry in her eyes. He put his fist down and leaned down, kissing her. After explaining the situation to security, police are brought in and Woosung was arrested. Hosan and Yoongi simply watched the scene unfold, never seeing this side of their son before. 

It reminded Hosan of Yoongi. The way Yoongi was so in love with him and the way he looked at Hosan, Namjoon looked at Catalina the same way. This woman who had only been in her son's life in a short period, had stole his heart in a way Mocha had not. "How's your head, mamas?"

"It's fine, how's your hand?" Namjoon looked down at his hand, noticing it was turning red. 

"It doesn't hurt." Catalina pulled out an ice pack from her bag and cracked it. She shook it up and handed it to Namjoon. "It'll help with the swelling."

"Do you just have a medical kit in your purse?"

"I wouldn't call it that but sure. You forget I'm a surgical nurse. I always carry things like this."

Yoongi kept watch at the door, looking for two people in particular. When they arrived, he smiled. "We came as soon as we heard." Nicole said, hugging Minsu. "Eomma, Appa. How did you know we were here?"

"Yoongi reached out to us. You should've called. We've would've dropped everything for Eun."

"I didn't wanna add to your plate."

"Minsu you are our son and when you need us, we will be there."

It was around midnight, and they were still waiting for the surgery to be done. The waiting room was quiet, given almost everyone had dozed off and barely eaten. Namjoon was resting on Catalina's shoulder, while Hosan was sleeping on Yoongi in a straddled position. Catalina sat lost in thought about Woosung.

She hated that things had turned out this way. Though, the connection she felt with Namjoon was unlike anything she ever felt before, she still mourned the loss of someone who was once a very kind person to her. A nurse walked up to Yoongi and Catalina, bringing them coffee. "Thanks Mi-do."

"Anytime."

"You seem lost in your thoughts." Catalina turned her attention to Yoongi.

"Kinda. Trying to keep myself awake but I find myself self reflecting."

"I'm guessing it's the gentleman who was escorted out by police."

"He was a boyfriend until last night. He was abusive but most verbally. It was usually only ever if i had done something to upset him. He was kinda a control freak. He liked to keep things to himself though we were poly. When he threw that glass cup at the back of my head, I saw him in a different light for the first time. Maybe it was always there and I just ignored it. Maybe I just kept him close because he was the closest thing I had to a family. I'm sorry. I don't mean to overshare."

"You seem like you need someone to vent to and it keeps me distracted so I don't mind. What happened to your family?"

"My mother and younger siblings were deported to Spain. I haven't seen them since I was ten. My father drank himself to death so I lived with my abuelita until I was fourteen when she passed. Spent two years in an orphanage before I went to college at sixteen."

"Have you tried looking for your mom?"

"I honestly don't even know where to start."

"If you ever decide you want to look for your family, feel free to ask us. We'd love to help you. Hosan is a sucker for helping people."

"Bite me." Hosan mumbled. 

"You're supposed to be sleeping."

"I was and then I smelled coffee." Yoongi chuckled, handing his coffee to Hosan. Namjoon began to wake and checked the time. "Why did you let me sleep so long? I said I only needed an hour."

"You watched over me all last night. You needed to rest. I would've woken you up if anything happened." Catalina handed Namjoon her coffee. A doctor walked into the waiting room. "Family of Park Eunhae." Everyone stood up, Minsu rubbing his eyes as he approached the doctor. 

"How is she?"

"You are?"

"Minsu, her husband."

"Do i have your consent to disclose your wife's condition in front of everyone here?"

"Yes."

"Your wife is fine. We were able to completely remove the tumor from her brain. The tumor was bigger than we anticipated going in, so the surgery took longer but we very careful and made sure we took our time removing it. She highly sedated so she won't awake until later but you are welcome to see her. It's still to early to tell but I think Eunhae is on the road to recovery."

"Thank you doctor." The doctor left and Minsu hugged his parents before going to visit his wife. Nicole and Jaysung hugged their friends before leaving to head home. Yoongi rubbed Hosan's back as he kissed his forehead. "Let's head home, baby boy. Our princess is okay now. We should rest properly and visit her later."

"We should get home, I know you tired mamas."

"Yeah." Catalina was glad to hear that Namjoon's sister did great in surgery but she wasn't feeling well. "Namjoon hold on."

Catalina closed her eyes, holding her head as it began to ache. "Are you okay?"

"Something's wrong." When Catalina opened her eyes, her vision began to blur and she felt chills going down her spine. Black spots appeared and Namjoon's voice faded out. "Catch me." Was all Catalina said before she fainted in Namjoon's arms. 

"Can someone help me?!" Hosan and Yoongi turned around to see Catalina knocked out in Namjoon's arms and a panicked look on their son's face. They quickly made their way back to their son as help came and took Catalina away. "Appa, Abeoji. I don't understand. She was just fine. Why did she pass out like that?"

"It could be from her head injury, sweetie. Don't you worry. She'll be okay. Me and Abeoji will stay by your side until you hear what's happened."