S1: Chapter Twenty Four

The next morning, Yoongi loaded up the car and attached his car to Hosan's. Hosan put Eunhae in the car once he finished feeding her. "How did you get in the house?"

"I have a house key."

"How? I was told there is only one."

"Gi, Sunshine Valley was the farm my parents owned. This house is where I grew up." Yoongi looked back at the house. He remembered the photo of Hosan's parents were in front of a house just like this.

"That makes perfect sense." Hosan got in the car, putting his hair up in a messy bun as he turned on the heat. Yoongi locked up the house and made the drive back to Seoul. Yoongi kept one hand on San's thigh while he drove. Hosan had fallen asleep in the passenger seat holding Yoongi's wrist. He stopped got breakfast on the way to the house and took both of his sleeping babies inside the house. He could tell Hosan had been staying there because the house had plants and plug ins. He parked both cars in the garage and began unloading things, and putting it all away.

Hosan woke up and began to breast pump for the morning so he didn't have to do it again until they got back from court. "What time is court?"

"3pm."

"Okay." Hosan and Yoongi took turns between getting ready in the bathroom and getting dressed in the closet. Hosan finished first and got Eunhae dressed and packed her bag. "Yoongi are you ready to go?"

"Can't find my phone."

"The same one you broke?"

"Oh right." Hosan pulled a new phone out of his bag handing it to Yoongi.

"Don't break that one."

"Thank you baby." Hosan took the keys and hopped in the driver seat while Yoongi clicked Eunhae in her car seat.

Hosan pulled into the parking lot, meeting up with Woo-jin who agreed to be his lawyer in this case. "United family front. I like it." Hosan and Yoongi looked at each other and realized they were wearing very similar outfits.

(Just pretend the onesie says Eunhae instead of Chloe)

"How is this case looking right now?"

"It's 50/50 but once the video recording is shown, we'll win without a doubt but you may be asked to retell the story."

"I've prepared for that."

"Good, let's head inside."

Yoongi held Hosan's hand and walked into the courtroom together. Amber sat in the courtroom in her orange prison jumpsuit, her face visibly upset to see Yoongi holding Hosan's hand and a baby. She had heard that they were having a kid but she didn't believe it. She couldn't deny it now that they brought her to the courtroom.

The judge entered the room and the case began. "Your honor my client is pressing charges for assault, sexual assault and attempt of murder."

"On what grounds?"

"She physically abused my client until he was unable to fight her and proceeded to shove a bottle in his rectum before bashing his head into concrete repeatedly."

"Does the defendant have anything to say to these allegations?"

"We plead not guilty on the fact that there is no substantial evidence to prove this claim."

"If we are able to proceed with the case, we will gladly provide evidence to support our claims."

"Let's proceed then." The case began and doctors and witnesses were called to tell 'their story' of how the events occurred though most witnesses weren't valid.

Yoongi reached for Hosan's hand, squeezing it softly as reassurance. He could tell that the male's anxiety was through the roof over the lies being told on the stand. It was now time for Hosan to go to the stand. "Mr. Lee could you please tell me what happened the night you were attacked?"

"My boyfriend Yoongi had left to New York for a personal matter and I was home alone. I had ordered Takeout and thought it had arrived when there was a knock at the door."

"Who was at the door?"

"Amber Cho. She held the food I ordered in her hand."

"Why was she there?"

"I think she had been watching the house for when Yoongi had left. She wanted to know if he was there, and I told her no."

"What happened next?" Hosan paused for a moment. His vision clouded with images from that night. He looked over to Yoongi who was holding their sleeping daughter.

"She dragged me out of the house and began to beat me."

"Why didn't you fight back? I mean you are a male. Biologically, you are stronger than her."

"I was pregnant at the time with my daughter, I was trying to protect her from the blows."

"What happened next?"

"She..." Hosan couldn't bring himself to say the words.

"She um she took a glass beer bottle and put it in my rectum, raping me with it." Hosan glanced back at Yoongi and noticed him clenching his jaw.

"She then banged my head on the driveway until i passed out. I woke up the next morning and attempted to get my godson but passed out as soon as I got there."

"Thank you Mr. Lee, I would like to show the video recording from the security system from that night as well as the object used from that night with Ms. Cho's fingerprints all over it."

Yoongi watched the video for the first time and got angry all over again as the courtroom could hear Hosan's cry for help in the video. Hosan felt triggered as he relived that night all over again. The Jury seeing the pain and distraught on the male's face of muffled cries on the stand.

"Mr. Lee, you may step down." Hosan got down and sat back down as Yoongi pulled the male into a hug whispering in his ear everything would be fine.

"Does defense have anything to add?"

"No, your honor."

"Let's take a recess while Jury deliberates over everything." The courtroom let out.

"You did so good up there. I'm so proud of you." Yoongi leaned down and kisses Hosan, not caring Amber was watching them.

It took Jury thirty minutes to decide before court was called back into session.

"Jury have you reached an agreement?"

"We have your honor."

"What's the verdict?"

"We they jury find Ms. Cho guilty of sexual assault and attempt of murder."

"This court sentences Amber Cho 25 years to life in prison. I also want to add an restraining order meaning in no way can you contact Mr. Lee or Mr. Geun in any way or more time will be added to your sentence. Do you understand these terms?"

"Yes your honor."

"Court dismissed."

Hosan hugged Woo-jin thanking him for his help. Yoongi kissed the male again and grabbed his hand. "Let's go home."

"I would absolutely love that." The family walked out of the courthouse, happy that they were finally done with amber for good.