S2: Chapter Seventeen

Hosan walked down the trail he knew too well with Iseul following behind him. Hosan stopped in front of two headstones and kneeled down. "Hi Eomma. Hi Appa. It's been a while. I'm sorry i haven't been a good son. I hope you can forgive me. I brought someone with me this time. You might know him. Iseul. I read your letter Eomma. I wish I knew about them sooner. I struggled quietly for so long. Did I do well? Did I make you proud?"

Hosan looked at his mother's headstone, tears in his eyes. He had been busy with his own life that he stopped visiting his parents frequently as he used to. Iseul kneeled down next to Hosan and placed a bouquet of flowers on their father's headstone. "Abeoji, I'm sorry. I promised that I would keep us together and protect my siblings well but I failed in protecting Hosan. He suffered a lot because of me. I'm sorry I failed. I promise from this point forward to protect him with every way I can."

Hosan looked at Iseul. "You knew about me?"

"I did. I was scared to meet you though. So I had the landlady of your building look after you and teach you how to take care of yourself. It was the only way I knew how to help you at the time."

"I never knew that."

"I paid her never to tell you. I also gave her money to buy you food."

Hosan's phone rang and he saw it was Yoongi. "I'm sorry, I need to take this."

"Sure."

"Yoongi?"

"I need to see you. I remember everything."

"I'm on my way."

Hosan hung up and turned to his brother. "I have to go see my husband at the hospital. You can come if you want."

"Okay."

Hosan put down the flowers he brought for his mother and went to pick up Eunhae and Namjoon who had questions about the man in the car but asked nothing. Hosan made his way to Yoongi's room and stopped when he saw Yoongi. "Gi."

"Hey baby boy."

"Abeoji?"

"Come here Eun." Eunhae smiled at her father, hugging tightly. 

"Gi, this is Namjoon. Our son."

"Come here Joon."

Namjoon walked over to Yoongi and smiled nervously. "He's like you with the awkward smiling. Don't worry, I won't bite. At least not yet."

Hosan giggled knowing that Yoongi was serious. Namjoon looked exactly like Yoongi with Hosan's eyes. Yoongi noticed the male that stood behind Hosan and wanted to know why he was there. "Who are you?"

"Oh um-"

"This is Iseul. He's my older brother."

"This is Iseul? He looks like your dad."

"Nari looks like my twin."

"That's disturbing." Iseul let out a chuckle, covering his mouth. "Sorry."

"Nari isn't particularly a nice person."

"I have to deal with her in regards of Kim enterprises."

"You do?"

"Y'all are trying to by Geun & Park Co. I'm Geun."

"Gi, you don't need to worry about it. Amber and I are taking care of it. It will be handled."

"Amber Cho?" Iseul asked. 

"Yeah, why?"

"You know she's our cousin?"

"She is?"

"Yeah, Nari's parents are Amber's but I don't think she knows about you like that. No one talks about you in that sense."

"So, she doesn't know we're related?"

"No."

"You know I'm the one who put her in prison."

"That was you?"

"Yeah."

"Makes sense now. She's probably hiding from our aunt and uncle. They are both brutal. I don't even like them."

"That must be why Nari is the way she is."

"It is. I'll wait outside and give you guys so privacy. It was nice meeting you all. Hosan you have a beautiful family."

"Thanks Hyung." Iseul smiled and went outside to get himself some coffee while they talked. "You're handling your sister?"

"Amber is working on it now. Don't worry, you won't have to sale when I'm done."

"Appa, come with me to get Abeoji some food."

"Yes, Namjoon you stay here, we'll be right back."

Eunhae and Hosan left, leaving Namjoon and Yoongi alone together. "Come sit down next to me son."

"Did they leave on purpose?"

"They did, I just ate not that long ago and I'm sure Hosan knew that. He just wanted us to bond."

"Ah I see."

"Tell me what you're thinking."

"I'm overwhelmed to be honest. The woman who I looked at as a mother stole me from my real family. I don't even understand why. Because of Appa? I just don't get it. Am I still me now that I know who I am? Do I need to change? Who am I now? I just I don't know. I love Appa. I've looked up to him my whole life but it's amazing he's my dad. I have an older sister and she's so strong and independent and kind to me. Exactly how I imagined. I now know that my looks come from you. The pieces are falling together but I feel..."

"Lost?"

"Yeah."

"Namjoon, you don't have to try to figure this all out at once. This is a lot for you to process. Don't rush it. Who you were before this happened and who you are now are the same person. You just filled in the empty spots but you don't have to change yourself for anything unless you want to. Your father and I will love you no matter what. We are here to support you and be whatever you need. Everything will work itself out. Try not to over think it so much. Just go with the flow for now."

"Thanks Abeoji. That was really helpful and a huge relief."

Namjoon leaned down and gave Yoongi a hug. Hosan smiled through the window seeing that Yoongi and Namjoon were bonding. Things seemed really chaotic but in this moment, everything was perfect as it should be and for Hosan that was more than enough for him. 

Amber sat back down on the couch with a cup of tea working on the report she needed to email Hosan when there was a knock at the door. It was pretty late so she wasn't expecting anyone at this time of night. She stood up and went to answer the door to find Kang the rancher at her door. 

"Hey, I just came to bring you some food. I figured you would be working and forgot to eat."

"Thank you." Amber took the bag from Kang. 

"Have a good night Ms. Cho."

"You too." Amber shut the door, feeling her heart flutter for the firs time in a long time.