S2: Chapter Four

The couple washed up in the shower before getting dressed and heading their separate ways to work. Hosan made his way to the art gala to see how his exhibit was coming along. "Hey Kim."

"Hey Hosan."

"How are things coming along?"

"We should be ready to open tonight."

"Perfect."

"Oh and there is a kid here that keeps eyeing your paintings. He's either a thief or a fan."

"Where?"

"Over there."

Hosan turned to where Kimberly was pointing and saw a kid admiring one painting in particular. "Who was the kid that picked me from the contest?"

"Namjoon something, why?"

"I think that kid over there might be my protégé."

Hosan walked over to the boy and stood next to him as they stared at the painting of a woman weeping holding a baby in her arms with a crescent moon on his ankle. It held a specific meaning to Hosan when he made it.

Fifteen years ago

Hosan stood in the kitchen, making himself a snack when he felt a sharp pain shoot up his back and fluid run down his leg. "Shit."

Hosan made his way upstairs to get his labor bag, feeling pain go up his back again. "Fuck." Hosan quickly grabbed his bag and made his way to the car and went to pick up Eunhae from school. "Buckle up sweetie. Appa is going to the hospital."

"Yay! My brother is coming!"

Hosan smiled at his daughter's excitement as he drove away. He called his in-laws to meet him at the hospital for Eunhae and focused on his breathing through the pain. He tried calling Yoongi but it went to voicemail. "Yoongi answer your damn phone, the baby is coming. Get your ass to the fucking hospital. If i have this baby without you, I will kill you."

Hosan pulled up to the hospital and got out. "Eun, hand me my bag."

Eunhae grabbed the backpack and rushed to get a wheelchair for her father. She helped Hosan get in the chair and pushed him inside. "Can someone help my appa? He's in labor."

A group of nurses and doctors asked her to wait in the waiting room while they took Hosan to prep him for a c-section. "I need to wait for my husband."

"Sir, we can hold off for a little bit but that baby needs to come out."

Yoongi got the voicemail from Hosan and was currently speeding down the highway with police tailing him. He didn't care though. He knew damn well that Hosan was going to kill him if he wasn't at the hospital. He quickly made it to the hospital and jumped out of the car to labor and delivery.

"Geun Hosan?"

"Follow me."

Yoongi followed the nurse to the operation room, getting sterilized before entering. He made just in time as they were about to cut Hosan open. "You made it."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

Yoongi held Hosan's hand as he watched the doctors deliver their baby boy. He was so happy when he saw the boy, it brought tears to his eyes. He gently laid the baby on Hosan's chest so he could see. "He's so beautiful."

Hosan stated, taking note of the crescent shaped birthmark behind his son's right ear. It was opposite from the one Hosan had on his left. "Geun Namjoon Lee. I'm your appa."

"Its a perfect name."

Yoongi kissed both of his boys before a nurse came and took him. They repaired Hosan, and moved him back to his room. "Where's Namjoon?"

Hosan asked, when he didn't see his son in the room with him. "Relax, they had to take him to run a few tests and make sure he's alright. Just rest."

Hosan nodded his head before dozing off to sleep. When he awoke, Yoongi was crying. "What's wrong?"

"While they were testing Namjoon, he had trouble breathing and they couldn't save him."

Hosan's eyes watered with confusion. "No. That can't be. Where's my baby? Bring me my fucking child."

A nurse came in, holding a baby boy. Hosan held the boy in his hands and started crying, there was no way his son was dead. It couldn't be. In his heart, he couldn't believe. He didn't want to . It felt wrong. The baby's head tilted to the left and Hosan noticed the birthmark was gone.

he stopped crying for a moment. "Who's fucking baby is this?"

"Mr. Geun-"

"This isn't my son. Where the fuck is my son? My son has a birthmark behind his right ear. Who's fucking baby is this? Where is my fucking son?"

The nurse removed the baby from Hosan as he became hysterical. Nurses came in trying to hold him down. "GET THE FUCK OFF ME! I WANT MY SON! BRING ME MY FUCKING SON!"

Hosan tried to push the nurses off him while Yoongi tried to soothe him but it wasn't working well and Hosan was given a sedative. He laid still crying as he tried to keep his eyes open. "Yoongi... that's not our son... you have to find him... please..." It was the last thing he said before passing out.

Tears filled Hosan's eyes as he thought back to that day but he quickly blinked them away. When Hosan made this painting, it was a tribute to his son in a way that he could grieve and keep his memory sacred to him. "You must be who I'm mentoring over the summer."

"Hello, I'm Gim Namjoon. It's an honor to meet you. I'm a huge fan."

Hosan paused and looked at the boy. He had reminded him of Yoongi. He was about 6'2, his body was neither fat or skinny, a solid in between. He had muscles but they weren't defined. He had electric blue hair which Hosan was sure he dyed. His eyes were gray.

"I'm very excited to work with you. You remind me of my younger self and your skill is amazing. I think with just a few tweaks, you will be an amazing artist one day. Let's chat in my office, shall we?"

"Please, lead the way."

Hosan smiled and the two males began walking to Hosan's office.