045, Idiot.

But, happiness didn't last long

Their children had seemed to be dragged inside Tonowari and Ronal's pod. Disappointed and frustrated expressions across both of their faces.

Denahi thought to herself.

What could have they done now? Something to create this much anger.

"You allowed this! You allowed him to bond.. with the outcast!" Ronal stated.

Denahi turned to Jake.

They were both as confused as each other.

"Tsireya, you disappoint me, daughter," Tonowari said with a sharp tongue.

Denahi watched as Tsireya reacted, her prints curling inwards as her eyes began to fill with hurt tears.

"And you, son of a great warrior, who has been taught better!" Tonowari said to Lo'ak.

Denahi grabbed onto Jake's arm.

His palm moving to rest on her shaking hand.

"Payakan saved my life, sir. You don't know him," Lo'ak told Tonowari.

Tsireya shook her head, "No, Lo'ak."

"Sit, sit. Sit down!" He told them all, all of their knees bending until it reached the ground.

"Hear my words, boy. In the days of the First Songs, Tulkun thought amongst themselves, for territory, and for revenge. But, they came to believe that killing, no matter how justified, only brings more killing. So, all killing was forbidden. This.. is the Tulkun way!" Explained Tonowari.

Denahi thought back to Mukata.

And then, back to Tonowari's words.

How he was so correct.

They faught against the Sky-people, they killed them, but all they was given was also murder.

"Payakan, is a killer. So, he is outcast," Tonowari finished his explaining.

Lo'ak shook his head, "I'm sorry, sir. But, you're wrong."

"That's enough!" Jake yelled to his son.

Lo'ak only looked down the ground.

He pondered his next words, "I know what I know." Ronal snarled at his sentence. Jake stepped forwards and peered down to Lo'ak's level, "That's enough."

"I'll deal with this one," He suddenly grabbed Lo'ak's arm and dragged him away from the pod.

Denahi followed behind them after quickly apologising and offering Tsireya a gentle look.

Lo'ak didn't even bother to look him.

His head stayed glued to the floor of their pod.

Denahi listened to Jake's pointless shouting.

"We have taught you better! You wouldn't be this much of an idiot in the forest," Jake said.

Denahi turned her head to Lo'ak.

His tail had fell down, so did his ears.

He deserved to be punished for this, but Denahi hated when Jake called him hurtful names.

A knucklehead, a shame, a idiot.

All of those words will soon add up.

Denahi took Lo'ak's shoulder into her hand and he scurried to hide behind her.

"Ma'Jake..." Denahi whispered as Lo'ak covered his face into her back.

Seeing his emotions was a struggle.

He didn't like to show them.

Afraid of Jake calling him weak or something.

"He didn't know," Denahi explained for Lo'ak before he nodded against her back.

Jake looked at them with turned down ears.

"This is a new place for us. He knows all animals inside the forest.. he hardly knows any here," Denahi continued to talk.

"If Payakan saved his life, that is what happened. We cannot change that," Denahi said.

Lo'ak nodded before returning back to her side and Jake stepped towards them.

He pressed a comforting hand to his arm.

Remembering what Denahi had told him.

Read them.

He could tell Lo'ak was upset, all he needed was some words of compassion.

"I'm sorry, son. You have to understand things are different here. You got that?" Jake asked.

Lo'ak nodded his head slowly before leaving the pod and into the night.

Denahi turned to Jake with a smile.

"No more name-calling!" She warned.

Jake nodded and agreed with her words. He needed to also understand himself.