044, Blue.

"Ronal

"Ronal..." Denahi said.

She stood outside their pod, a comforting hand against the bump of her stomach.

Ronal snapped her head towards the door and ushered Denahi inside.

It was empty, part from Tonowari creating woven baskets for their people to use in their next fishing hunt.

"I do not mean to bother you," Denahi spoke but Ronal waved her worries away before making her sit on the comfy mat.

Denahi smiled as she did so.

"What is it?" Ronal asked, calmly.

"I have.. I have had much stress lately. I was wondering if you'd look at my child," Denahi explained before stroking her hand up and down.

Tonowari didn't mean to eavesdrop.

But, their close proximity didn't help either.

Was Denahi afraid something had happened to her child, and did Jake know about this?

"Of course!" Ronal exclaimed.

Denahi laid down before Ronal examined her.

Ronal placed her ear to Denahi's stomach before blowing on it, and listening again.

Similar to what she had done with Kiri the night beforehand.

Ronal mumbled to herself, absentmindedly speaking about the health and wellbeing of the baby.

"Is everything fine?" Denahi asked.

"He is well..." Ronal replied.

Denahi's ears spiked up at the first word.

He. It is a boy.

"He.. as in him? As in, they are a boy?" Denahi questioned before Ronal nodded her head.

"Yes. I thought you knew," Ronal replied with a smile on her lips.

"No, no! I have to tell Jake," Denahi exclaimed with excitement before running out of their pod and towards her own.

There sat, only Kiri.

Denahi's face fell down into a frown before a blow could be heard around Awa'atlu.

She looked outside the pod, worried that someone could've joined the lands of this home.

But, it was different.

All Metkayina began to jump into the water as Tsireya yelled from beneath, "Everybody! Our brothers and sisters have returned!"

Denahi watched as Tuk ran into the pod and grabbed Kiri, making her stand and see the commotion outside.

Denahi noticed the smile on Kiri's face.

How she had missed that pretty smile.

A smile that reminded her so much of Grace.

Jake walked up to Denahi and took her hand, without a word, before leading her to the water.

He climbed on his skimwing and held his hand out, "C'mon, mama."

She rolled her eyes at the petname before reluctantly climbing onto the skimwing.

Jake settled his hand onto her thigh as they swam beneath the surface to watch it the scene, underwater, unfold.

Jake tapped her leg, making her look at a Tulkun.

Denahi smiled— the Tulkun was big and pretty, their baby swimming beneath its stomach.

She couldn't help the large smile fill her cheeks, Jake fawning at her expression.

Ronal soon swam to the Tulkun.

Using her hands and knowledge of what the Tulkun was saying to hold a conversation with it.

It was a beautiful sight.

A peaceful one.

Jake moved to the surface to allow them for air.

"It is amazing, is it not?" Denahi asked, knowing nothing like this happened back in the forest.

Sure, they had a connection with their ikran's but it was nothing compared to this.

The Tulkun's were their families.

Their brothers and sisters.

"Yeah, it is," Jake said as he continued to stare at Denahi and her excited face.

To him, this was a beautiful sight, but nothing was against her complexion.

They soon went under again, taking in the vision surrounding them.