027, Is.

This was their favourite place to be

The stream of the lake was peaceful and quiet, but the splashing of their children was loud.

Their excited giggles and yells of encouragement could also be heard.

Denahi sat at the bed of the lake, her legs dipping into the water as Malhua rested her head on her lap.

Neteyam was close to the shore with Tuk, both diving underwater to find pretty rocks and shells.

Kiri and Lo'ak faught over some toy Jake had carved for them.

"Hey!" Jake yelled before Kiri and Lo'ak both dropped the toy, in fright.

Denahi chuckled slightly as Mulhua began to fidgit in her place, "Momma..."

Jake had woke her up.

He twisted his face into a cringe after realising what he had done.

Jake moved over to them, picking Malhua into his arms and resting her over his shoulder.

Malhua liked the water— loved the water.

Swimming with Jake was her favourite thing.

Like, Lo'ak's favourite thing was to fly with Denahi on Riti.

"It is mine!" Lo'ak yelled.

Denahi looked at them, noticing the Toruk toy between their hands.

She chuckled before finding her Riti toy in the woven basket, at her side.

"Here, Lo'ak," Denahi waved her youngest son over to her and handed him the Riti figure.

He gasped when he saw it, completely disregarding Kiri play with the Toruk one.

Jake looked at him in shock.

Toruk was his mighty ikran.

And, Lo'ak would rather play with... Riti.

"Don't be jealous, Ma'Jake. We all know Riti is better than Toruk," Denahi joked.

"Yeah, yeah, mama," Jake said.

Denahi snapped her head towards him and warned Jake with her eyes.

Something about that petname burned in Denahi's chest.

She couldn't tell if she liked it or not.

"Ma'Jake, why don't we have a date night, tonight?" Denahi questioned as she looked at Jake playing with Malhua.

Jake nodded and smiled, "Why? You looking for somethin'?"

Denahi widened her eyes before standing and walking into the water.

"Maybe..." She giggled before headed towards Neteyam and Tuk.

"Mom, look!" Neteyam said as he handed Denahi a blue and white-coloured shell.

She smiled at the pearlescent on it, finding it to be one of the prettiest she had saw.

"Do you want me to make it into a necklace?" Denahi asked Neteyam, Tuk climbing her way onto her leg so she'd be picked up.

Neteyam nodded, "Will you, mom?"

Denahi chuckled, "Of course, anything for my sweet boy."

Jake watched from afar.

He was still keeping Malhua occupied but some of his attention fell onto his mate.

The way she was so natural as a mother.

How she cared for them all, never putting one before the other— she'd do anything for them.

"I feel you staring, Ma'Jake," Denahi said, reminding her of the time Jake had caught her looking when he woke.

He smiled to himself before looking down at the ground, "Is it a crime to stare at my mate?"

Denahi shook her head.

"C'mon, let's get the kids to Neytiri," Denahi said before taking Neteyam's hand and leading him from the water.

Jake sorting Kiri, Lo'ak and Malhua out.

"So.. what do you have planned?" Jake asked.

Denahi only giggled to herself.