029, Surprise.

Denahi knew what this feeling was

The symptoms.

Her flesh was hot to the touch as sickness bubbled within her stomach.

"Mo'at?" Denahi asked as she gripped onto her flesh, comforting her own stomach.

Mo'at rushed Denahi into the healing hut.

Denahi sighed, "I believe I am with child."

The sigh was something of regret.

She would love this child all the same but the RDA had returned, Pandora was being destroyed and it wouldn't take long until they attacked.

Being pregnant during 'war' was a bad idea.

Mo'at nodded before using her tests on Denahi, figuring out whether her statement was true.

She could tell Denahi was worried.

Neytiri watched from the corner, playing with her own child.

She tried to offer Denahi a smile but nothing had seemed to work.

"Ah.. yes. You are with child," Mo'at replied.

Denahi's heart dropped.

Her hand went to cover her stomach again before standing and leaving the hut.

She didn't want them to see her vulnerable.

Raising Malhua and Tuk in this was already enough, Neteyam, Lo'ak and Kiri could understand what was happening.

They knew war was on brink, and even tried to help.

Neteyam and Lo'ak training to be spotters whilst Kiri learned, and practiced, healing.

Her daughters were too young to grasp it.

Especially, Malhua.

Warm tears streamed down Denahi's face as she entered her hut, trying to wipe her tears.

Her shallowed breathing could be heard, making Jake run from his separate part.

His hand held a knife that he had freshly carved.

She smiled at the view— knowing he was ready to protect her, at any cost.

Jake looked down at Denahi, his stomach flipping into nausea once seeing her sadness.

He reached over to her, "You okay? You hurt? I'll kill them if someone did this to you."

Denahi shook her head before dropping it onto Jake's shoulder, feeling his large arms cuddle around her waist.

"It's okay.. whatever it is, baby," Jake comforted.

But it wasn't okay.

Denahi lifted her head, Jake moving his hand to wipe away her salty tears.

"Ma'Jake, I am with child," Denahi announced.

Jake's head dropped to the ground as he sighed in defeat.

That was least expected to be heard.

He felt Denahi drop back onto his body, her whole self becoming weak and slumping down to the ground with him.

She was scared.

And, rightfully so.

"Hey," He lifted Denahi to face him, his lips pressing to her forehead, "We'll get through this. We always do."

Denahi smiled at that before Jake wiped the last of her tears.

He offered her another smile, and she returned it.

"Remember what I always say?" He asked before Denahi chuckled to herself.

Their family motto, "Sully's stick together."

Jake nodded with encouragement.

"Yeah, that's right.. that includes this one, too," He pressed a kiss to her stomach.

Soft words were exchanged between the two as they cuddled before interrupted by their children.

Neteyam walked in carrying Malhua, Lo'ak and Tuk sticking their tongues out to each other as Kiri laughed at Lo'ak's childish actions.

"We brought dinner!" Neteyam said.

He placed Malhua onto the floor but she only grabbed his hand.

He smiled down at his little sister before bringing the basket of freshly-cooked meat and various fruits to their parents.

"Did you cook it?" Jake asked, looking at all five of his children.

They shook their heads, confused.

But then Jake nodded and began to eat.

Denahi hid her face into the palm of her hands before laughing.

Thanking Eywa the children didn't catch on.

"C'mon, eat, Lo'ak, we have a long day ahead tomorrow," Jake said.

Denahi furrowed her prints, "Why is that?"

Jake sighed, "The RDA tracks are complete. Which means one thing, trains."

Denahi swallowed thickly before protectively moving her hand to her stomach.

Now, it all begins.