006, Direhorse.

He turned around with intentions of paying full attention to her every move

She chuckled slightly as his pupils had grew larger after looking towards Denahi.

"Go slower, and it will be easier for you to get this right," Denahi warned Jake before swiftly climbing atop the direhorse.

Usually, she would do it faster because she was more skilled than Jake.

But for him, she climbed slower.

Her palms stroked against the direhorse, "Mawey. Calm."

Jake watched in admiration to the direhorse calming under her simple touch, closely inspecting as Denahi brought her queue to the front of her shoulder.

"This is tsaheylu. It is a bond made to allow you to control our animals," Denahi explained.

Jake saw the pink tendrils link together, the direhorse moving suddenly from the connection that had happened.

"You have to feel her, feel everything," Denahi said before closing her eyes, soaking the feeling of the direhorse in, "Then you tell her what to do, where to go."

She climbed off the direhorse, disconnecting their queues.

"Have you got it?" She questioned.

Jake hummed, "Yeah, yeah."

He cursed himself, knowing he couldn't focus on anything but her.

The way her toned legs draped over the direhorse, how she looked so beautiful doing this so perfectly.

Nothing compared to what he was about to do.

Jake climbed on the direhouse before tapping her to calm her.

Denahi nodded at his actions, encouraging him to keep the good behaviour up.

"Good, good! Now, Jake, tell her where to go," Denahi pressed her palm against Jake's thigh, his eyes wandering down to that touch.

He didn't know what it was.

But, that touch distracted him.

"Yeah— forward!" He ordered the direhorse.

The direhorse moved too fast for Jake to acknowledge, meaning he fell right off and into the patch of wet mud.

Suddenly, the sound of loud treading headed their way.

"Oh, Eywa..." Denahi said before rushing towards Jake and crouching next to him.

He smiled before trying to remove the dirt that had landed in his mouth. "Are you okay?" Denahi questioned before checking his body.

Jake watched as she did.

Her fingers pressed against each limb, looking for any signs of injury causing Jake's mind to go foggy.

What was she doing to him?

"He doesn't belong here!" Mukata yelled from the back of Tsu'tey's direhorse.

"You should go away!" Tsu'tey exclaimed towards Jake causing Denahi to roll her eyes.

"No, you'd miss me," Jake responded, childishly. Denahi tried to cover the smile that formed across her lips before being glared at by him.

Jake pointed at him, "I knew you could speak English."

Denahi looked at Mukata eyeing Jake like he was something disgusting. "This alien will learn nothing. A rock sees more! Look at him..." Tsu'tey says as they watch Jake clean himself.

Denahi let out a slight hiss, "You should have more respect. He is learning."

Mukata tusked at her words before looking back at Jake, "You should do better, sister."

Denahi frowned at his words.

All her life she has been doing better — for him.

"Go home, Mukata," Denahi tapped the direhouse to keep moving.

They all ran before another word could slip from Jake's mouth.

"All siblings are the same," Jake chuckled, remembering him and Tommy bickering most of the time.

Mostly of their career choices.

"They are insufferable," Denahi responded before grabbing a cloth she always brought with her for collecting stones.

She pulled Jake's hand into her own and began to wipe the mud from his blue flesh.

"You have siblings?" Denahi asked to clear the silence between them.

Jake smiled, "One. Tommy. He isn't.. here anymore, though."

Denahi frowned at the sentence before looking into Jake's eyes.

That is one thing they had in common.

They both lost someone dear to their hearts.