004, First Lesson.

"What happens when you sleep?" Denahi questioned Jake as she perked onto her elbow

Jake turned around, the thin blanket covering his body moved to reveal his bare chest, "I go back into my human body."

Denahi then sat up, trying her best not to make loud sounds as Mukata slept soundly in the corner of the hammock.

"What's it like... in your human body?" Denahi asked before resting her cheek to her knee.

Jake shrugged his shoulders, "Isn't this a conversation for the third date?"

Date?

Denahi hadn't heard of a 'date' before.

"What is a date?" Denahi quizzed, prints of her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Jake only sat up at her question, his legs grazes against hers from their close proximity. She cleared her throat, trying her best to disguise the gasp she let out.

"It's like romantic appointments between two people," Jake explained.

Denahi smiled at the idea, knowing that that was not the Na'vi way.

Learning about human ways brought great knowledge to Denahi, and she enjoyed the feeling of learning something new.

"Lesson one, Jake, Na'vi do not date. We mate with someone..." Denahi told him before laying down on her mat, fidgeting until she found herself comfortable.

That was the truth.

Once Na'vi passed their Iknimaya and Uniltaron, they are permitted to choose a mate.

A mate is someone you spend lifetime with, someone you do not date beforehand.

"You do not need to worry about that. It will be a long time before you get to choose a mate," Denahi innocently smiled at him.

Jake only dropped his jaw in disbelief.

Did Denahi think he didn't have it in him?

He would do anything to get his old life back, live like the merciless Marine he once was.

To be able to walk the asphalt again, drink without worrying how he was going to get home, fight those bastards that dared to abuse women with all his might.

"So, do I have to wait for you to return, in this body, at morning?" Denahi asked, referring to their previous conversation.

Jake nodded his head, "Yeah, that a problem?"

Denahi only shook her head before turning to look at Mukata.

And she only frowned at him.

When they were younger, Denahi would always wake to find Mukata snuggling against her leg, or curled around her arm.

Mukata used to be so happy — childish, even. Now, he curls into the corner and all he wants to be alone when he isn't causing trouble.

Denahi couldn't blame him.

Watching your parent die, was bound to take a tole on a child.

And it did, on both of them.

Mukata just struggled with his emotions more than Denahi could understand.

Jake noticed the way she looked at Mukata, hearing a sad sigh fall from her mouth.

He decided not to question it, covering his body with the blanket and falling back to sleep — coming back to his useless reality.