012, Confused Emotions.

Jake felt numb

Jake felt numb.

After returning back to his human body, that is all Jake felt. He couldn't wait to wake up the next day and jump straight into his Avatar body.

To see Denahi, and to be taught the ways of her people.

How he wished he didn't have to betray.

"Eat something, Jake," Grace announced before giving him the chance to escape to his room.

Jake sighed before moving back to Grace, and the table with a plate of food.

He's eaten much worse during his war days.

"You have to keep this body healthy as well. I have already told you this," Grace warned Jake before giving him a fork and knife.

Jake nodded before slicing his food into miniature slices for him to easily, and quickly, eat.

"I know.. I know," Jake repeated.

Grace sipped her coffee, "You wanna tell what what's wrong?"

She could read Jake, like a book.

Jake shook his head before Grace sat besides him, sipping her coffee again.

"Is it about Denahi?" Grace asked.

Jake stopped chewing to look over at Grace.

His breathing stopped at the sound of her name, how she could make his heart skip a beat.

A small smile filled his lips before swallowing his food and looking outside the window, like he wanted to find her wandering around.

All of these emotions confused Jake.

He went into Pandora with a mission— an evil mission at that.

Ready to destroy their home.

"What about Denahi?" Jake asked with a slight breakage of his voice.

Grace only chuckled, "I see the way you look at her, and the way she looks at you. It's a dangerous game to be playing with Denahi."

Jake furrowed his brows.

What is so dangerous about it?

"She is.. impressionable, Jake. Denahi always has been so easily influenced," Grace began to talk as Jake continued to listen.

What was Grace trying to say?

That he was taking advantage of her.

Now, this is the confusing part.

That thought didn't even cross Jake's mind. Even the idea of leading Denahi into a heartbreak, warmed something in Jake's chest.

Denahi was a kind soul— perfect to anyone.

She was the one that welcomed Jake into her world, Denahi was the first Na'vi he saw.

"I wouldn't do anything to.. harm her," Jake stopped for a moment.

"I am not saying you will, marine," Grace replied with that stupid petname she gave him.

Marine's are ruthless.

They have to be ruthless.

Does Jake still give that impression? "I won't hurt Denahi, Grace."

Grace smiled at that before pouring the rest of her black liquid into the sink.

She walked behind Jake, patting his shoulder in comfort, "Don't promise me that."

Jake watched as she walked away into the bedroom, leaving him confused.

The night was getting late, and the more he stayed up, the more he would sleep meaning the less he would see Denahi.