048, Blood.

They had to be silent

All of their movements were quiet.

Denahi placed a finger to her lips as she hushed them, noticing the humans walking below.

Neteyam held his knife in his hand as Denahi held her bow and arrow.

With the following orders from Denahi, all three of them decided to jump down and kill the following humans tracing their steps to escape.

Spider took off one of their masks.

Lo'ak hitting some with his gun.

Neteyam pushing one into the water.

Denahi shooting a bow in their flesh.

But, one didn't seem to die.

He jumped up and grabbed a gun, aiming it at Denahi, Lo'ak aimed his gun towards him and shot multiple bullets.

Denahi let out a heavy breath as she looked over at Lo'ak.

Her hand moved to his cheek, "Are you okay?"

His first kill.

Denahi remembered her first kill, how her stomach twisted into nausea and her heart beat as hard as it possibly could.

Lo'ak nodded his head— his eyes blank.

"Thank you..." Denahi said, Lo'ak softly smiling.

"Come on!" Spider yelled, not wanting to get captured by anymore demons.

They jumped down a level.

"Thanks, guys," Spider thanked them all.

But, Lo'ak's eyes fixated on something else.

Lyle.

His eyes found all four of them, instantly holding his gun towards their bodies.

Neteyam pushed them behind a wall.

"Give me that!" Neteyam exclaimed before grabbing the gun and shooting back at them.

Denahi growled before shooting her arrow into, only, one of them.

"Mom, go! Go, go!" Neteyam repeated to them all.

Denahi felt her stomach twist as she jumped into the water, feeling the splashes of Lo'ak and Spider follow close behind.

Once breaking the surface, Denahi looked around for all of her children.

Noticing Neteyam wasn't to be found.

"Neteyam!" Denahi exclaimed.

She dug back under the water to find it had been turning red.

Raising back up, Neteyam was floating on the surface was a hand held against his chest.