011, Carving Arrows.

Denahi placed the wood between her and Jake

She smiled to herself before collecting one of logs, setting her sharp knife into her hand.

"You do know how to carve, right?" Denahi asked Jake before beginning to carve her arrow.

There were two shapes to them.

One, the feather has to be straight so the arrow would lay vertically and flat. Two, the feather has to be wrapped so the arrow would spiral, therefore being more accurate.

"Um, yeah, yeah," Jake said before cautiously watching Denahi's fingers.

He nodded, catching onto what she was doing before attempting it himself.

Denahi looked up from her third arrow before realising Jake was still stuck on his first.

There were still sixteen more to go.

"Do you want help?" Denahi chuckled before moving next to Jake.

She took his knife gently before carving it, making it sharper and easier for him to use.

Jake watched in content.

Denahi blew away the stray pieces, "That should make it better."

Jake nodded before Denahi took his bow and showed Jake how to do it, "You have to be careful. The wood is too thin, snap easy."

He smiled at her broken English, "I was going as gentle as I can."

She saw that, too gentle though.

"Here," Denahi took Jake's hand and placed it under hers, physically showing him how to carve the arrow.

Her hand felt so soft compared to his rough ones. Jake flicked his eyes towards Denahi's, noticing how her cheeks flushed a light purple.

"There. You got it," Denahi said.

Jake looked back down at his now, empty hands.

He nodded once before attempting to follow what Denahi had just showed him.

Denahi smiled brightly after realising Jake could now do it on his own, "I will apply feathers. That is the trickiest, but easiest, part."

"What do you have planned next for me?" Jake asked in pure excitement to his next lesson.

He had already been taught riding direhorse, about ikran's, hunting, carving, the language.

Denahi had also taught him how to see Pandora.

How to envision it the way she does.

It was her home— soon to welcome him.

All energy is borrowed, and one day, you have to return it.

"How about hunting again? Give me a perfect kill and I will say you're ready. Then you will have your Iknimaya," Denahi explained.

Jake furrowed his brows, "Iknimaya?"

"Rite of passage so you will bond with your ikran," Denahi responded, "Do you want me to tell you some tips?"

Jake nodded his head as he continued to carve another arrow.

"Capturing them is the hardest part," Denahi began to before picking up another piece of wood.

"You have to wrap their mouths to stop them from biting you," Denahi chuckled slightly.

Jake didn't know what was coming for him.

"How will I know which one is mine?" Jake asked before Denahi covered her mouth to stifle her sudden laughter.

"He will try to kill you..." Denahi said, calmly.