040, Success.

Jake was so proud of himself

It had taken him a couple of months.

But, he finally could smoothly ride a skimwing.

All Jake did was listen to Denahi's words, and be patient with himself.

And, he did.

He walked into the pod, it being empty part from Denahi, with a bright smile.

"What has gotten you so happy?" Denahi asked before resting a hand on her stomach.

Jake leaned on his knees, kissing over her swollen belly.

As it had been a couple of months, Denahi was little into her pregnancy— three months.

Jake always smiled when seeing her stomach.

Knowing his little one was growing in there.

And, his wife was keeping them healthy.

"I did it! I rode the skimwing," Jake replied.

Denahi clapped her hands together before smushing his cheeks and bringing his chapped lips to hers.

"I told you, all you have to do is wait..." Denahi told him, kissing his nose.

Jake smiled before sitting with her.

Denahi rested her head on his arm, "Do you think they are a girl, or a boy?"

Jake looked down at her stomach.

From what he noticed, Denahi's pregnancies were different between genders.

"A boy..." He replied.

Her bump was lower and more round, and she looked more dull than glowing.

Either way, she looked beautiful.

He was lucky to win her.

To have her.

"Mom, Mom!" Lo'ak exclaimed.

They both felt a draft fall into the pod.

Lo'ak had excitingly swung the cloth open.

Denahi smiled at the brightnes on his face, knowing they didn't see often.

"What have you done, Ma'Itan?" She asked.

He sat down in the middle of his parents.

Jake watched in pure content— Lo'ak was always in trouble with him, so it was nice to have some time where he is undoubtedly happy.

"I learned how to dive. I can hold my breathe for.. six minutes, seven!" He announced.

Denahi gasped at that.

She immediately latched her son into a hug.

Despite, his teenage detests.

"Ma'Itan, I am so proud of you!" Denahi exclaimed before pulling apart and kissing his cheeks.

Lo'ak scrunched his face and pushed her away.

But, their laughter filled the air.

Something Denahi craved since the return of RDA, the dangerous Sky-people.

It was nice to see Lo'ak like this.

So happy, so proud of himself.

"Good work, son," Jake mentioned to Lo'ak.

His youngest, their troublemaker, seemed to master his lessons more than the rest.

"Daddy!" Malhua exclaimed as she hopped into the pod.

Neteyam, Kiri and Tuk waddling behind her.

Jake widened his arms to allow his daughter to jump into them, a giggle falling from her lips.

"We brought food.. Ao'nung taught us how to fish," Neteyam said before placing the basket of fresh fish down.

Tuk sighed, "Fish, again?"

Denahi closed her eyes.

Tuk was struggling with liking Awa'atlu.

It was her concern since Tuk said that she had wanted to go home.

"Come here, little one," Denahi opened her arms to give Tuk a hug, "It is alright."

The night ended with a feast, and laughter.

Happiness melting all of their chests.

The children had fell asleep bundled together, disregarding their mats.

Jake and Denahi decided to lay down in their shared mat, his hand moving protectively over her stomach.