018, Last Lesson!

This was the time for Jake to pick a mate

He had completed all of his passages.

He was one of them.

Meaning, Jake could carve a bow, but also, choose a woman to mate with.

That is why Denahi led Jake to the Tree of Voices, the place Na'vi mate before Eywa. One of the most sacred places.

"Jake..." Denahi whispered.

Jake turned to look at her.

But, Denahi's back was turned to him as she held the glowing tendrils to her face.

He slowly made his way round to her face, greeting his amber eyes with hers causing a smile to grow on her cheeks.

"Do you remember our first lesson?" She asked.

"About mating?" Jake replied.

Denahi's cheeks began to heat as she watched Jake step forwards.

Their proximity was so close.

Denahi could feel her heartbeat pick up the more she breathed in his scent.

And Jake couldn't help but feel his ears twitch with every sound of her breath.

"You may choose a woman now," Denahi reminded Jake, flicking her eyes down towards the green ground.

Jake nodded, stepping closer again.

But, Denahi didn't allow this.

She moved away from Jake, finding an animal that wanted to rest in the palm of her hands.

"You can choose anyone you want. We have many fine women," Denahi said.

Jake shook his head.

Didn't she understand?

He didn't want anybody else.

He wanted her.

Denahi turned to look at Jake with a innocent smile across her face.

"That Goddamn smile," Jake whispered before moving towards Denahi again.

She looked at him with furrowed prints, "What do you mean?"

The smile soon wiped from her face.

Jake sighed, Denahi had taken offence to that sentence because of the language barrier.

Jake's hand reached to find Denahi's jaw.

His thumb stroked against her blue flesh, other hand moving some stray pieces of dark hair.

"I don't want anybody else," Jake whispered.

Denahi's lips curled into a smile again, "What do you want, Jake?"