042, Missing.

"Mom! Mom!" Kiri shouted

Denahi turned her head to the entrance of the pod, watching as Kiri frantically ran in.

She was holding Malhua in her arms as the little one cried hysterically. Denahi stood immediately and took Malhua.

She thought something terrible had happened to her youngest daughter.

"What is it? What happened?" Denahi asked.

Kiri turned around to find Neteyam close behind them.

"Mom, it's Lo'ak," Neteyam started.

Denahi felt her heart dropped deep.

"He's missing..." Neteyam finished.

Denahi passed Malhua to Neteyam and watched as she rubbed her head on his chest, looking for some comfort over her missing brother.

Denahi didn't take any time before running outside, watching the surrounding Metkayina's.

Through the crowd, Denahi spotted Jake.

"Where is he? Is he okay?" She asked with a strained throat, trying her hardest not to cry.

She had no explanation.

No idea on Lo'ak's whereabouts.

Jake grabbed Denahi's arms, pulling her close into a hug.

"The boy has returned!" Someone declared.

Denahi lifted her head with a gasp as she noticed Lo'ak step up onto the foundation. She softly pushed Jake away before running towards Lo'ak.

"Ma'Itan," Denahi cried as she pulled Lo'ak to her chest and began to smother him in hugs.

Losing them was the worse thing that could happen. Even the thought would send Denahi into multiple tears.

"Let's have a look at you..." Jake said as he checked his sons body for any hidden injuries.

"He's fine. He's fine!" Jake announced.

Denahi rolled her eyes at him.

Lo'ak lifted his head but his hand still stayed in Denahi's palm.

"My son should know better than to take him outside the reef," Tonowari stated before pushing Ao'nung to the ground, a sign of sorry, "The blame is his."

Jake nodded his head, "Okay. Let's go."

Lo'ak shook his head in detest.

Denahi looked down at him with furrowed prints.

"No. This is not Ao'nung's fault. This was my idea, Ao'nung tried to talk me out of it. Really," Lo'ak explained as he looked at Tonowari.

Jake sighed before they all began to walk.

Denahi stopped Lo'ak in his steps before making him face her, "You didn't have to lie."

Lo'ak's ears dropped.

He forgot his mom could read them all.

He shook his head and shrugged her hands off, "It was not a lie."

Denahi looked at him confused. What would he gain from lying about this?

"Dad," He turned to Jake, "You told me to make friends with these kids. That's all I was—"

"I don't wanna hear it! You brought shame to this family..." Jake told Lo'ak.

Denahi widened her eyes before snapping her head towards him.

In no way, would she allow that to be said.

"Jake!" Denahi warned with a hiss.

Jake hadn't realised what he has said, too ridiculed by anger to comprehend his own words.

"Can I go now?" Asked Lo'ak.

Denahi noticed the way he kept his eyes to the ground, not wanting to meet the disappointment expressions across his parents faces.

"Any more trouble, I jerk a knot in your tail. You read me?" Jake asked him.

"Yes, sir. Lima Charlie..." Lo'ak replied.

Jake looked at Lo'ak for a couple more seconds.

Still, not realising his words.

Denahi's ears had fell down and her tail stood pin straight once watching Lo'ak walk away.

He turned to Neteyam, "What happened to keep an eye on your brother, hm?"

This only infuriated Denahi more.

"Sorry, sir," Neteyam apologised.

Denahi tugged Jake's arm, dragging him away from the sight of his son.

The pod was empty. All of their children finding Lo'ak to comfort and help heal his wounds.

Jake watched Denahi slam the makeshift cover down, tying it by knots so it would keep close and nobody will disrupt their conversation.

When she turned around, he knew he did wrong.

The look on Denahi's face said everything.

"I will not need to tell you again!" Denahi exclaimed as she crossed her arms over her chest, staring straight into Jake's softened eyes.

"They are our children, Jake! You have to treat them as so. Telling Lo'ak he has brought shame to us—" Denahi couldn't even speak.

Her mind replaying the look on Lo'ak's face.

"And.. how was that Teyam's fault? It was not even Lo'ak's fault!" Denahi asked him.

Jake looked at her, confused.

He had heard the story from Lo'ak himself.

Lo'ak asked Ao'nung.

"Look, I'm sorry. I told them specific orders and they disobey them," Jake responded.

Denahi sighed, "You are not listening. You do not listen to them, Ma'Jake! You do not understand."

Jake flicked his ears up, telling Denahi he was listening to her.

"Learn to read them. They will appreciate it more than you know," Denahi explained, "And, from now on, do not call them anything they are not."