021, Blame.

Denahi sat over Jake's body

Her hand stroked his hair, waiting patiently for him to return to this conscious.

She admired all of his pretty details.

The length of his eyelashes, the white freckles that splattered across his blue flesh, the shape of all his stripes.

She couldn't believe how lucky she had got.

Jake was the prettiest Na'vi she had seen.

And, the best thing, he loved her back.

"Ma'Jake, come back to me," Denahi whispered before rubbing her cheek against his face.

The flutter of his eyelash she felt against her neck, meaning he had woke.

She smiled at him, he smiled back.

"I have to tell you all something," Jake said, doubt filling some of his tone.

Denahi nodded and Jake grabbed her hand, pulling himself off the floor.

"Is it bad?" Denahi questioned.

She had already been through enough pain.

She didn't want to endure anymore.

Jake sighed, walking down the spine until he reached Mo'at and Eytukan.

"Jake has something he needs to tell us all," Denahi said, they nodded their head to allow Jake to continue.

"A great evil is upon us.. the Sky-people are coming to destroy Home Tree," Jake said in the Na'vi language.

But, he was still struggling.

He turned to Denahi, "Help. Tell them they'll be here soon."

Denahi nodded, "They will be here."

"You have to leave, otherwise you'll die," Jake announced.

Denahi looked at him in despair.

Now, she had realised Jake couldn't stop them demons from destroying their home.

"Are you certain of this?" Mo'at questioned.

Jake stuttered on his words as his chest became heavy with breath.

Denahi noticed this, reaching forward to hold onto his arm.

He looked down at her, with disappointment in himself.

He had done this to her.

Jake will always remind himself of that.

"Look, I was sent here, to learn your ways. So, one day I could bring this message and that you would believe it..." Jake explained.

Denahi looked at him with furrowed prints.

To her, it sounded like he had caused this.

But, she wanted to blame that on their obvious language barrier.

"Are you saying you knew this, Ma'Jake?" Denahi questioned with a laugh of disbelief.

Jake looked down at her, wrapping his palm around the curve of her fingers on his arm.

"I'm sorry..." Jake apologised.

That was when Denahi realised.

Familiar water filled within her ears.

The feeling of betrayal filled her chest.

"I allowed this— I allowed myself to open up to you, to love you," Denahi blamed herself.

That is exactly what Jake didn't want.

For Denahi to think this was all her fault.

Because, it wasn't. It was his fault.

Jake raised his other hand to wipe away those tears he hated so much falling down Denahi's cheeks, dripping onto her chest.

Mukata pushed his way through the crowd, eyes landing on Denahi instantly.

"I was someone else back then, Denahi. Please, believe you..." Jake explained.

Denahi tore herself away from him, falling into the strong arms of her brother.

Otanu was watching from afar, smirking.

"You changed me. I changed for you," Jake said as he tried to touch Denahi again.

Denahi cried out as he did.

"I love you, I see you. Please, trust me," Jake begged as he reached for her again.

Mukata only tilted his head, waving Jake away.

He knew it, Jake knew he'd lose her.

Denahi lifted her head from Mukata's shoulders as Eytukan spoke, "Bind them."

She watched as they grabbed at Jake and Grace, so mercilessly.

"No, no!" Denahi shouted.

She may feel betrayed, but they still understood how to escape the Sky-people.

They all needed them.

"Leave now!" Jake yelled over the restraint being put on him.

"Leave them! Do not—" Denahi tried to speak but Otuna pushed her body away, sending her hitting the ground harshly.

Denahi winced as she fell, feeling immediate pain against her back.

Jake growled in anger, trying to kick himself from the floor and attack Otanu.

"Don't touch her!" Jake exclaimed to Otanu.

Mukata helped Denahi from the ground, looking at her back for wounds— finding a large slice, dripping with blood.

"Touch her again, I swear to God!" Jake yelled.

Denahi followed their bodies being dragged, listening to them screaming to leave.

"Mukata, don't question this— you have to leave. Go, far way, okay?" Denahi warned her brother.

He nodded his head before running.